23. Number One Fan

Lief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Number One Fan]

“Good Lord, SuJi.” JinHee groaned, “Your fingers are messy today.”

Her student nodded dejectedly, yawning right after, “I have been staying late to study for exams. Didn’t get to sleep much.”

“How late?” she inspected.

“03.00 AM.”

JinHee shook her head and patted the girl’s shoulders. “You know- we could schedule next week’s meeting some other time so you could cool off a bit.”

“That’d be a help,” the girl said tiredly, smiling at her, “I really need sleep.”

“See you, SuJi.” JinHee grinned, “Good luck on your exams!”

The teenage girl went out, looking like a zombie in the making with her droopy eye-lids. Yixing flinched a little after passing her, a tad worried about the child.

He knocked on the door of the studio and leaned open the door.

JinHee was inside, stretching her leg muscles after sitting for more than an hour on the piano bench. He smiled at the sight. How could she even hope to not get sore legs when she was always wearing those tall heels?

She put up her hair in a ponytail today, matching her laid-back look. Yes, as bizarre as it seemed, wearing a pair of skinny jeans and a black-coloured satin blouse was what JinHee called ‘not dressed up.’

“What was the matter with your student?” he asked, hoping she would notice him.

Without looking at Yixing, she answered, “Oh, she’s staying up late. Exams are coming- and it’s the apocalyptic moment for all high school students.”

Amazing. She didn’t even acknowledge his presence when he already talked to her!

“Hmm. I remember when I was in school. My teacher would often tell me off for sleeping in class.” He added as he walked behind her.

JinHee smiled unconsciously, “What an achievement, number one fan. Even back then you were a sloth.”

Just then, she realized something, “Number one fa- Yixing?!”

When she turned around, her forehead clashed with his nose, sending the boy howling away in pain. “Yixing!” JinHee cried, rubbing her aching temples, “It’s you! You’re back!”

The latter was too busy worrying about his nose to reply.

“I’ve missed you so much! How was China? Did you visit your grandma? - You know, I tried searching for the interviews and events you guys went through, but I couldn’t find subs! No subs!”

Yixing could feel a headache coming to accompany the broken nose. Why did he think that surprising Seo JinHee was a good idea?

“Yixing! Did you get enough rest though…? Was it stressful to be there? How were the fans?” she said, squeezing the life out of him.

“JinHee…” he choked out, patting her shoulder to warn her.

She immediately let go, but not because he asked her to.

“Yah- Did you get skinnier?” The girl poked his ribs, tickling him. He pushed her hand away, barely holding in the giggles.

“I guess I did.” He answered, “These past few weeks have been emotionally and physically tiring.”

Listening to him seriously, her eyebrows crinkled to form a frown. Was it really that stressful to debut? Or was it something else?

“Why?” she asked, “And how come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter