12. Taking Risks and Second Chances

Lief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Taking Risks and Second Chances]

Turns out that Airport Girl had a name.

JinHee didn’t know how it became like this- but after the girl introduced herself as Li AiFei in choppy Korean, none of them said a word.

Saying that it was awkward was underrated. It was beyond uncomfortable.

On one hand, Yixing was happy to see her face. It had been a long time since they’ve met- and the last was when she had put an end to their relationship. The girl looks healthy still- but he could see small differences on how she carried herself. There was an aura of dignity, and new found independence that radiated off her.

In the other hand, he was hoping to be able to hide into a hole of nothingness. It was extremely weird to meet your ex once more after long years of heartbreak. Heck, he still cried for her last time too.

“How’ve you been doing?” AiFei asked him in Mandarin, sounding curious.

He took a moment before answering her, calming down his jumpy nerves. “I’m fine… I guess. You?”

She smiled at him. Yixing had missed the way her eyes would turn into cute little crescents, but since she looked okay enough, it seemed like he was the only one who had missed her.

“I’m good, thanks for asking.” AiFei replied, “I’m just going around Korea for a while. Thought it’d be great if I could see you.”

Yixing smiled stiffly, wishing to end the conversation.

He suddenly felt a small tap on his shoulder. It was JinHee.

To be honest, he had completely forgotten about her presence. And Yixing felt bad since they were talking in Mandarin, singling her out of the conversation.

“I should… probably wait outside,” JinHee said quickly before turning out of the store.

AiFei looked at her as she left, smiling subtly. “A friend of yours?”

Yixing nodded, “Yeah. One of my closest ones.”

“So, I heard you are going to make your debut soon?”

“We’ll be out in a couple of weeks.” He answered.

“That’s good,” she ducked her head down, letting some hair fall over her face. “I’m happy for you, Yixing.”

The latter swallowed, a feeling of pain growing from inside him, “It’s all… Thanks to you, Fei.”

The girl laughed- a sweet sound to his ears. Yixing watched her longingly as she stood up straight. AiFei took out her hand, prompting him to take it.

“Nice to meet you again, Xing.” She spoke, “But that’s not what I’m here for.”

He frowned, “Then?”

She sighed, drawing back the hand she offered, “I’m here for a chance.”

“I was just thinking… Would it be possible if- after you have reached your dreams, if we could start over?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter