19. An Overdue Talk

Lief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[An Overdue talk]

It was not more than a few weeks after EXO’s debut MV, but JinHee had witnessed the exploding amount of fans the boys already had.

Perhaps it was because of the 2 singles and the millions of teasers SM had released to hype up the group. She decided that her favorite from the three was a song titled ‘What is Love’. Alright, so she might have been a little bit biased towards ballads and slow R&B songs but what can she do.

It was her preference of music after all.

Henry had gone home earlier, bidding her a friendly ‘bye’ as usual. That would mean that her shift was officially over for the day.

“Careless... Careless, Shoot, Anonymous…” her smart phone rang from inside her bag.

JinHee cleared before clicking the accept button, relaxing her voice first. She didn’t even know why she fussed so much over the call.

“Hello.” She spoke nonchalantly.

There was a faint sound of laughter from the caller, “Hi, JinHee.”

Why was he calling her now? Wasn’t what he did last time enough to mess her mind up?

“So… I’m sorry.”

She gulped visibly from the sudden words. What was she supposed to say now? She looked around for help, but of course, she was alone in the studio. Yixing wasn’t there to help her anymore.

JinHee pressed the ‘End Call’ button impulsively.

She panicked right away.

“Oh crap! Did I just… No!” she hissed under her breath, hoping for a time machine to undo her mistake.

But before she could pretend like it all never happened, her phone’s ringtone sang loud and clear for the second time. She sighed and pinched her hands for sanity’s sake.

“H-hello...” she answered.

“JinHee... Do you hate me?” JoonMyeon asked, sounding like he had winced. She grew speechless.

In the end she could never hate him. He had been the first guy she cared for, and at one point in her life, she actually thought that he would be her last.

She had grown up beside him, and they’ve been attached for the longest time. It was obviously hard for her to do things without being reminded of him each and every time.

“If you do hate me, I’ll leave you alone.” He must’ve been desperate.

She shook her head, “No… I could never, oppa.”

That brought silence to their conversation, and seconds passed slowly, as if time was also sympathizing with their situation.

“That’s good to know.” JoonMyeon said, and she could feel him smiling in the other end.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter