1. The End

Lief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[The End]

Lay strolled through the hallway, looking around every now and then.

He had forgotten his guitar in one of the rooms in that studio building- a typical act from him. He peered into the room he visited earlier to see if his lost instrument was there. The room was empty, filled with untouched music sheets and neatly stacked chairs. All the instruments- he knew were kept safely inside the big cupboard- well, all except for the piano, keyboard and drums, of course.

It was originally a music store but since people had trouble in finding proper places to practice their music, the owner decided to open up a small studio at the second floor of the building. People could only enter if they have a membership card and Lay, being unfortunate enough to be stuck with a loud roommate with the voice of a megaphone, had signed himself up ever since he knew about it.

He spotted his guitar at the far end of the room, lying idly against the cold wall. As soon as he took it, he gave it a kiss and promised mentally that he would never lose it again (even though he knew that it was highly impossible to do so). The boy then walked out of the doors with a relieved smile on his face.

Not long after, when he was passing some rooms to get to the exit, he heard a soft piano sound echoing through the halls. He was always a man who appreciated good music and this was no doubt- a very good one.

Lay found himself humming slowly to the tune when he walked out of the building. He sang it over and over again until he got sort of addicted. And because of that, he did an abrupt U-turn back into the studio and paced pass the rooms searching for the source of the melody.

The piano stopped and the man found himself panicking. He grew more anxious, opening and closing some doors of the rooms to have a quick peek inside. After searching for quite a while, he opened a room and this time- he had a feeling that this was it. He slowly turned the knob open and poked his head into the space.

A girl was sitting in front of the grand piano, flipping the pages of the music sheet in front of her as she pulled out a pen that she stuck behind her ear to write something down. Her long hair fell delicately to the front as an effect, covering half of her face. Lay gasped as he found the scene to be very beautiful. He had always thought that girls look pretty when they play an instrument but this one was exceptional.

The silent boy watched her shift into a more upright sitting position and hovered her slender fingers above the black-and-white keys, barely touching them. For some reason, he held in a breath as he waited for her to play. She took a small sigh and moved her hands, making the keys bounce up-and-down rhythmically under them.

Lay closed his eyes, getting lost into her music and softly hummed along. He fluttered his lids open when the music stopped, looking at the girl who was now also gazing curiously at him. He felt his cheeks getting warm and gave her an awkwardly-dimpled smile. She smirked back- a thing he didn't expect her to do. From what he'd seen, and from the way she had played the piano, he thought she was soft, feminim, or elegant- but that smirk was none of the sort.

"Are you a fan?"

Taken aback, he scoffed. "What?"

The girl gave him another smile, "You were clearly enjoying the music; my music. Therefore, you are my fan." she said matter-of-factly, leaning back on the closed piano top.

"I don't even know your name." he rolled his eyes, "How can I possibly be your fan?"

She walked up to him and offered him a hand, "My name is JinHee- Seo JinHee."

He shook her hand lightly and lowered his head to hopefully cover his widening grin. The boy felt a finger poke his cheek and looked up in alert, only to find the piano-girl giving him an impish look. "Look, you're even blushing." she stated, "You must really like me, huh."

Lay shook his head fervently, "No- no. I just liked your music." he said, "Did you make the song yourself?"

"Yeah. I composed it." JinHee nodded, "But I'm not finished yet. I'll need someone to arrange the lyrics for me. I can't write poetically."

"I can help you." The man offered, "I love writing song lyrics- and I happen to like yours a lot...” JinHee's eyes sparkled when she heard him and held his shoulders as she jumped in joy. "You do? That's great!"

"When do you want us to work on the lyrics?" He asked.

"Right now?" she suggested before pausing, "Wait- hey number one fan, what time is it?"

Frowning at his newly found nickname, he pulled up his watch and answered, "17.45  ... Why?" At his words, she suddenly panicked and scurried around the room to pick up her stuff. "Shoot- shoot!" she muttered furiously and started hitting her head. Lay just watched in utter confusion.

After realizing his existence in the room, she straightened up and said apologetically, "I'm sorry- I don't think I can make it today. Tomorrow?"

He nodded and smiled, "Alright- I'll see you here at 12-ish. Is that okay?"

JinHee nodded and bowed slightly when she left, "12-ish it is." she winked at him, "See you, number one fan!"

At that, Lay just shook his head in defeat. He turned around and went out of the room; forgetting about his precious guitar and left it in the, now, silenced room.

 

*****

 

"I'll be there mother, don't freak out on me- I'm 5 minutes away. Bye." JinHee talked through the phone.

She was practically speeding through the wide road while speaking to her mom on speaker-mode. She was supposed to be there a few minutes ago but what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter