Delicate as a feather

Bad Blood

Yerim's POV

Leaving the library, I headed to the school. On my way, there was a constant fear of being more bullied since none of my friends were coming.

"Yerim???" I saw Im Yoona waving at me. Whats with this girl? 

"Y-yoona?" I stuttered.

She ran to me. "Lets go together. So, why didnt you come to the party?"

"Sungyeol..."

"Ok... I get it." She muttered. "And... what about Miyoung?"

"Typhoid...."

"Ok.... I get it. So she wont be coming this week."

OH NO! I didnt realize the severity of her disease.... a week..... without her???

"Are you ok?" Yoona asked, watching my color change real pale.

"Ah ... y-yes."

She giggled. "I understand. Lets go."

I still wasnt able to come to a conclusion on why is the most popular girl sticking to me? And this was not her first time, she was like this forever. We reached our classroom safely and I sighed in relief.

"Oh... what a rare view?" Dongwook left his seat and stood up.

"Whats so rare?" Yoona entered the room and I slowly followed.

"You and the nerd..." He replied with eyes bulged out.

Sungyeol, who used to sit at the front seat, extended his legs and placed them on the seat beside him just when I was going to cross. All the bully boys gathered around me.

"Who's gonna save you princess?" One of them said and I was just about to lose all my control over my tears. "Your boyfriend Miyoung isnt here."

"What is your problem?" Yoona came forward and the boys started blushing except Sungyeol. "Now make a way for her." The boys scattered at her order. "Hey Sungyeol..."

"You ruined it Yoona..." Sungyeol muttered.

"Let her pass, please." She sounded like pleading to him, was she afraid of him too?

"Until she begs on her knees." Sungyeol said.

"Yoona..." I grabbed her elbow. "Its ok... the way is clear I can get to my seat." Why beg him when the way is almost clear?

Sungyeol jumped out of his seat and stood in front me. "No passing today."

Yoona came between us. "Please Sungyeol, why are you so fixated on bullying her?"

"Shut up..." He glared at her.

"Yoona.... its ok."

"No its not." She turned and talked back to me. "Sungyeol...." She turned back to him. "Please......." She pleaded with a pout.

"Ok...." He said .... yes??????? The whole class hurriedly took their seats and then I noticed the teacher come to our class and then realized that he said Ok just because the teacher came in.

"Yerim? Why dont you take your seat?" Our English literature teacher said.

"Oh.... yes songsaeng-nim.... I am sorry." I stepped back to my seat.

He started a lecture. There were only two things I thought I was good at. Art and a little bit English. 

"Yerim?" Our teacher called me out and my breath stopped the moment.

"Y-yes??" I stood up.

"Please will you read this paragraph for the class?" He asked politely.

"W-what?? Me?" I asked to reconfirm.

"Yes." He smiled.

I picked up my book and looked keenly at the paragraph before fixing my glasses and heard a giggle. 

"Ignore that." Yoona mumbled who was behind me.

I started. "Umm.... Courage belongs to the family of virtues. It led to great triumphs of the past. With courage, people try to take risks and still continue even if they fail in many attempts. Courage doesnt have to be violent that roars like a beast....it.......can......ummmm.... it can be a.........."

"A quiet voice." The teacher said.

"It can be a quiet voice that says.... I'll try again... And one day, Courage will definitely lead to success, an unb-eatable success."

"Ok take your seat Yerim."

I nodded and sat down.

"Great Job..." Yoona shot a thumbs up at me.

I smiled back. We both left the class after the classes were over.

"YERIM????" Someone called me.

"Its Jun songsaeng-nim." Yoona muttered to me and I looked back. He was coming to us.

"Yerim.... do you understand?"

"Um what?"

"That para was for you. I hope you'll take a step further. Good luck." He left.

"He's so nice." Yoona said as I followed her.

"I gotta go now..."

"We can go home together---"

"No... I have some other urgent work."

"Meet you next time." Yoona hugged me tight, it felt straight from the heart.

"Bye..." I waved her good bye and headed to the temple.

I felt light weighed after finding him sitting at the porch. I rushed inside that seemed to be his territory and carefully sat next to him on the porch.

"You're late." Myungsoo mumbled.

"No.... actually we both are on time today." I smiled. "Oh...." I ped my bag and took out my lunch box. "Here's your ugl---- I mean your sandwich." I took out the sandwich wrapped in a plastic paper.

He gave me a confused look before taking it. "I think I actually made you think I come for the sandwich."

"Dont you?? I mean you said so. If not for the sandwich then why?" I asked without realizing how sarcastic I sounded.

He was just about to take a bite when he halted and looked down at his lap.

"I am sor---" I couldnt find time to apologize when his lips touched mine. I closed my eyes shut, my fingers felt restless, my mind gone blank. I felt the butterflies dancing in my belly. He took hold of my cheek and grabbed my hand with his other hand. I tried to back off but he pulled me back. After a few breathless moments he drew back and I took in some air to fill my empty lungs.

He blushed. "It was just an excuse---"

"Don't do that again." I mumbled rapidly.

He fixed his astonished stare at me. After a pause he looked away. "I wont." He looked back with the same 'cold as ice' stare. The sandwich landed on the ground and he stood up. "You're getting late. Lets drop you home."

I picked up the uneaten sandwich and placed it in the box. "I can go home by myself." I said but apologetically. "Will you come tomorrow?" I asked and lifted my lashes upwards.

"If you want." He said indifferently. "Bye." He left without any extended talk that he used to do before leaving.