The ugliest Cinderella

Bad Blood

Yerim's POV

"I thought you won't go to the party." Umma set foot into my roon where I was just throwing clothes everywhere. "Lets go out and shop." She said as if pleading while waiting desperately for my feeble response which was more than enough these days.

"Lets go." I turned to her and abruptly replied.

"I'll get ready in 5 minutes."

"You look great... lets go. Its already 7."

She slowly paced towards me. "Yerim." She cupped my chin and kissed my cheek. "I am glad you want to go to the party."

"Its not the party." I murmured.

"Wait... are you planning to go on a date after the party? Are you even going to the party cuz I really doubt that."

"UMMA!!!" I squealed. Well part of it was true.

It wasn't a date but I was supposed to meet Myungsoo, my new friend and wanted to show him that I didn't have a bad choice in clothing.... I just wore that stupid shirt cuz Miyoung gifted it to me, to make her happy. 

"Ok... so I am right."

"No.... its just for the party. Miyoung wants me to attend it so bad." I tried to convince her.

She giggled. "Miyoung is such a sweet heart."

"Obviously."

We headed to the mall from where umma mostly used to buy most of my shirts and jeans. It was a large mall. I just figured out that umma had so high standards about almost everything. She picked up an expensive dress for me.

"Umma... its not a night party you know... just a simple one dish party."

"Do I have to cook?" She seemed a bit worried cuz she was a horrible cook and I was the only person in this world who could bear it, now including Myungsoo who carved for that dry sandwich.

"No... they didn't assign any dish to me." I spit out like I didn't care if my classmates treated me like an outsider.

She sighed in relief. "So, there are some advantages of not being popular." She whispered under her breath. "So... it has to be white? Your dress."

"Just anything that will make me look pretty." NO, what was I thinking... I never had this feeling to make the world acknowledge my sharp features. Do I even have sharp features? What is going on in my head. "I really want to show that I can look pretty too." 

"You ... ARE PRETTY... Yerim."

"Umma just choose one."

"No... you choose. Its better you choose things for yourself." She patted my back.

"But... what if I fail in selecting the perfect one."

"Have some confidence. You're gonna rock any outfit if you'll think you look pretty in whatever you wear."

"You sound like Miyoung."

She crossed her arms over her chest and waited for my first move. I picked up 3 outfits and tried them on.

"So... which one do you like?" She asked.

"I think that one."

Next Day

"Yerim... You look like a doll." Umma combed my hair. "Let them open."

"Um." I nodded.

"My princess." She kissed my hair.

"You treat me like a baby."

"You are a baby... aren't you? I am mean who listens to old fairy tales before going to bed?"

"I don't do that anymore."

I watched my reflection in the mirror. "Miyoung will be proud." It was a dress with a white top ending at my waist and a sweet yellow long skirt secured by a dark brown waist belt and umma's dark brown boots. I picked up my glasses.

"We'll buy contact lens next time."

"No... i feel like myself with glasses."

"You look pretty either way."

"Umma... will you make me that sandwich you make me every other day." I rolled my eyes.

"You.... you like it?" Umma asked eager to know my answer.

"Ummm..."

"But you'll have so many dishes at the party."

"I am not forcing y---"

"No... I'll make it." She rushed to the kitchen.

At School

I entered through the school's gate. With a little nervousness in every step of mine, I bumped into someone just like the first day of school. I instantly fell on the ground. But the only difference was that it wasn't Sungyeol.

"I couldn't have recognized you but your glasses." He pointed at my glasses.

I looked up at him. "Sorry... are you alright?"

"Why are you so kind?" Sunggyu asked and helped me get up.

"Thank you so much." I bowed as he helped me and begin to dust off my skirt.

"I don't think anyone will tell you this but...." He rubbed the back of his head. "You look nice."

A rush of blood heated up my cheeks. "You.... you look.... g-good too."

"You think so... thanks." He smiled. "You're such a nice girl. I don't understand why Sungyeol bullies you."

"I think he practically bullies everyone." I said with a hint of sarcasm.

He stared at me as if I really was some other girl, then his expression softened. "No... bullying is just for you." He said and left. His tone had a mystery that left me confused and wanting to know more... like... 'why only me?'

"Yerim..." I heard my name from a feminine voice. I turned around and found Yoona's warm embrace waiting for me. She looked stunning in a white dress. "Was Sunggyu asking you out?" She smirked at me.

I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. "Why would he?"

"Cuz you look so pretty today." She was always like that, acting like there were no flaws I carried, like there was no group of devils bulling me, or I had no friends except Miyoung. She was always too nice that I doubted her intentions but what could she get from me or what could I give her? She wouldn't even bet on me, I had literally nothing that she could waste her time on.

"Lets head inside." She surrounded her arm around my shoulder.

"I can't see Miyoung anywhere." I looked around.

"I heard she didn't come."

That shattered my heart into thousand pieces. I could actually feel the icicles pricking my chest. WHYYYYY WHY Miyoung???? I wanted to cry. "You go on... I'll be there." I told her.

"Promise?"

I crossed my fingers hiding them behind my back. "Yes."

"I'll be waiting. Please do come." She hopped away.

I found a bench as my only heaven in the hell. After wondering how will the day pass, I got up and headed to my little place, 'the old science lab'. I found peace and solitude only in that historical, dusty, rusted room. It was just like me. No one praised it, it had too many blemishes that covered its any special features and nobody liked it, Not even Miyoung. I closed the door and sat on the wooden stool. I ped my bag and took out my lunch box with all the disney princesses printed over its cover. I cursed myself for being such a nerd and a fairy tale lover. I was such a dork.

The door cracked open. I stood up reflexively. I still had my lunch box in my hand.

"Look what we've got here." Dongwoo mocked, eyeing me from top to bottom, followed by 3 more boys including Sungyeol. Oh God, I am so in trouble. I hid my lunchbox behind my back.

"Oh... the Cinderella is late for the party." Another boy commented and Sungyeol harshly clutched his cheeks. "She's my bait."

"Ok man.... cool down." He pushed Sungyeol away.

He moved to the very spot I was standing on. "She looks exactly how Sunggyu described." Sunyeol sneered at me.

I just couldnt interpret his words. Why would Sunggyu behave like he cared and then discuss how I looked to Sungyeol? This was so not right... it was like cheating. Why did I ever took notice of his caring words which had no sympathy behind them? 

"What are you hiding, Princess?" He snatched the box and opened it up. It was then that the whole silent science lab echoed with the burst of laughters.

I closed my eyes shut and tightly placed my hands over my ears, blocking the way of any sound wave of mockery that were going to be directed at me. I heard the cracking sound of the lunch box which landed on the school ground with a thud when Sungyeol threw it out of the old window.

He grabbed my hand. "You're the world's ugliest Cinderella." He whispered to my ear. "And you're still a little kid, Nerdo." 

I tried to break free from his grip but I was a weak girl.

"Poor." He swayed my hand behind and grabbed my other hand.

"W-what...." I gulped hardly. "What are you doing?" I almost muttered out.

"How could you dare to come to the party when you were not invited. Even you're best friend hates you and couldn't come just because of you."

The boys barked again at his comment. 

"Like I would ever believe that." I murmured in the most lowest sound I could produce. But I, myself, was in shock cuz Myoung was so excited about this party. What could have stopped her?

He tightened a cloth around my wrists.

"I guess its all done." Dongwoo yawned.

"Lets head to the party now." The other boy said.

"Don't dare to come." He said before leaving. He had his face close to mine while binding and I saw a tint of pink over his cheeks.

"Sungyeol...." I called out to him but he left me unnoticed and closed the door. 

I cursed under breath. The cloth was so rigidly bound around my fragile wrist that any effort left me bruised. I wanted to escape this hell soon but how could I? I never heeded to Miyoung when she said I had to fight back or else it will go worse. She was right. She was always right. 
Time passed by really slow. I yelled but no reponse from the outer world. I promised Myungsoo that I would come... even if I had to crawl??? I was such a failure.... couldn't keep one promise. I felt strong pangs of pain filled in my stomach.

After 3 hours, a watchman opened the door and I just wanted to hug him from saving me. I had my face all dirty because of constant weeping. 

"Hey kid, who did that to you?" He asked while unbinding.

"You're a life saver." I hugged him.... I never hugged any other person except Umma or Miyoung. He was the first man I ever hugged. I couldn't calculate all this change within me. Was Myungsoo bringing that? 

I left the room and ran as if my life was on the egde, well it really was... I didn't want to lose a friend, who wanted nothing from me except a simple homemade sandwich and was willing to give me all. I was an hour late and found the temple's empty porch. I slowed down my speed, now panting heavily. 

"He couldn't wait..." I murmured as more tears filled my eyes and dripped down my already smeared cheek from all the previous tears, while I fell on my knees.
______________________________________________________________

Really sorry but I guess the story needs time to develop.... plus I love all infinte members dont get me wrong if I showed them like the bad bullies.