The relationship that is SELFLESS

Bad Blood

Yerim's POV

Lying over the couch I was playing my most favourite yet old video game.

"Yerim... look who came to visit you." Umma peeked inside my room.

"Miyoung... who else could be?" I murmured under my lips.

"So... were you expecting someon else?" Miyoung entered the room with slight disappointment.

"Miyoung..." My lips dormed a welcoming smile.

"Lets go out." She said.

"Now??"

"Ne~~~ go and change."

"No.... its your free day, go out with Howan." I replied back.

"He's coming too." She smiled adorably.

"I don't want to disturb you guys!"

"Oh come on Yerim... you know I want to be with you as much as I want to be with Howan."

"But he's your boyfriend."

She remained silent at this. "So, you don't care anymore. Ok, then I am leaving."

"No wait Miyoung!!! I am coming too... OK?? Is it the new theme park you want to go to?"

"How'd you know? Well yes."

"Ok, gimme 5 minutes."

She left the room and I opened my wardrobe to take out the shirt that Miyoung gifted m.e. It had printed on it 'this girl is cute' and it was a baby pink shirt. I matched with Denim jeans and left my hair open.

"Miyoung?" I smiled as I came out in the lounge and then saw Howan sitting on the sofa, looking quite annoyed.

"Isn't it the shirt I gifted?" Miyoung hugged me tightly. "You're looking so pretty."

'you look pretty' huh.... these were the words I could only hear from my umma or Miyoung. "Thnks Miyoung... and you're gorgeous as always."

"See Howan.... I look pretty whatever I wear." She bragged.

"Lets go out." Howan replied.

"I am feeling guilty... Miyoung." I whispered to her.

"Ah I wanted to go with you but he just jumped in... don't worry and he's your friend too."

"Thanks Miyoung for taking care of her." Umma bowed slightly.

"Oh no... you don't have to." Miyoung bowed as well.

"Have a safe trip."

"Miyoung waved goodbye to umma but I didn;t. I just couldnt forgive her for keeping me in all these years of ignorance.

The new theme park was near our house so we reached within 15 minutes.

"Oh wahhhhh...." Miyoung's eyes started brightening. She ran to the game booths grabbing my hand and Howan followed us.

"Lets try this one." It was a shooting game where you had to hit the target and get one another shot free.

"Howan... why don't you try this as well." I slid away.

"Yeah Howan... Lets do this together." Miyoung smiled back.

"Haha ... If you guys say so." Howan replied.

I felt a bit relieved as I crawled a bit away at a distance but still watching the cutest couple having their fun moments.

"Your turn Yerim.... you know you can't escape." Howan giggled.

"Ok ok..." I moved forward and held the small gun but failed in the first attept. "You know I am really bad at these games." But in reality, was there anything I was good at except failing and reattempting?

"Lets try the next one." Miyoung suggested.

I followed both but felt really responsible for ruining their so called date.

"Yerim... could you wat for us here.... we are going to take a ride but its for only 2 people." Howan said... tightly grabbing Miyoung's hand.

"Sure..." I smiled and sighed in relief.

"But----" Miyoung tried to resist.

"Shut up.." Howan said cheerfully and took her away.

"They look so good together." Watching them leave, I couldnt help but rom into my own little world. I took a seat on the bench and watched the whole place with two eyes.

But what could catch my attention except the bunch of people wandering together; group of friends, families, couples together. I tried to fit myself in any one of the categories but... I belinged to a broken family, had only 2 friends and couple???? Huh... besides what I vowed a few weeks ago, no guy would ever fine me enough attractive.

I kept on gazing at the people when a familiar face caught my attention. I narrowed my eyes as my glasses slid down. "That guy..." I could remember him. He was the same guy I met 3 days ago in the temple like place. I stood up subconsciously... and I had nothing to do either so I decided to follow him just to kill time.

He was with another boy who looked our age. I moved closer, hiding behind people or poles.

"I am so tired letd head back." His friend said as he locked his arms behind his neck.

"Yeahh ok." That guy replied.

Oh no! the only interesting thing was also going to be over. Nonetheless, I still followed them but something went extremely wrong. He turned back and saw me really close to them trying to hear what were they saying. OMO.... I froze as he locked his eyes with mine.

"Uhh.... I .... I." I stumbled over my own words.

"Yes?" He asked as if he didn't remember me... and why would he... my presence was already non-existent.

"You go ahead Woohyun... I'll be late." He said to his friends.

"Why?" Woohyunguy smirked at me and then took a brief glance at my shirt. I felt embarrassed for wearing that shirt out in public that wrote 'this girl is cute' although I was the complete opposite. I fixed my glasses above. "Whats the name of this cute girl?" Was he teasing me?

"I ..... am sorry. Please excuse me." I turned around."

"Woohyun... I'll join you later." The guy seemed persistant.

"Ok fine." Woohyun seemed a bit irritated but I was just unable to understand that guy. Was he staying because of.... me???? I unconsciously pointed a finger over my chest and opened my mouth widely.

"Yes... you." I heard him speak back to me.

"Haha..." I rubbed the back of my head. Did he read my thoughts.

"Sorry I couldn't even ask your name that day." He said leaving me utterly shocked.

"Eh??"

"I asked whats your name?" He repeated innocently.

"Yerim...." I bluntly replied. "Ok bye...." I rushed with my words along with my feet.

"WAIT...... Yerim."

I turned back with a shocked look. "Y-yes..."

"You didn't ask my name?"

"Oh...... its ok if you don't want to t-tell ...." I nervously stuck my hair behind my ear.

"N-no.... that's ok.... I can t-tell you if you .... if you like?"

What was that feeling???? I felt like he was as nervous as I was... but why? "Whats your name?" I asked.

"Myungsoo."

"Hi Myungsoo..." I bowed and then turned back.

"Yerim..."

"Yes..." I unknowingly turned my head back onece again when he called out my name.

"W-would you come to the temple tomorrow?" He asked.

For the first time in my life, I saw someone else being nervous and wanting .... in front of me, sort of pleading to me.

"I would." I said with determination in my voice. Even if I had to crawl.... I 'll still come. I turned around.

"Yerim??"

He again forced me to look back at him and I was loving that turning my head back and forth. "Yes?" i said in the most polite manner.

"Bye." He smiled and I smiled along with him.

"YERIM!!!!!" I heard Miyoung from a distance.

Miyoung and Howan ran to us. Both of them were panting heavily.

Miyoung grabbed me through my arms. "That's why I tell you to buy a cell phone. Where did you go????" She yelled.

"I...." I looked sideways where Myungsoo was standing just a few secs ago.

"What???" Miyoung yelled again. "I was so worried."

"Lets hed back." Howan suggested.

I joined them but following their backs. They were holding hands and I was smiling.... constantly smiling. It was just like someone other than Miyoung willfully wanted to become my friend. I wanted Myungsoo to join my world too.