My first ever Cell phone

Bad Blood

Yerim's POV

"Take care, Yerim..." Umma waved goodbye as I left home for school. Yoona joined me on the way. 

"You didnt come yesterday?" I asked with concern.

"I just needed a day off. Did Miyoung come?"

"Ne... she came and she was asking about you." I told her.

"Oh..." She looked down at the ground.

"She... she wants to be your friend." I patted her back.

"What?" She got pumped up. "She said that?"

"Um." I nodded with a smile. 

"We can make a . hehe..." She got carried in emotions. "Oh.... that day I couldnt ask you more. You said you like sungjong?"

"Ah..."

"Oh.... you like sungjong, so guess mine."

"But... I dont like .... Umm.... Sungjong. Why did he come that day?"

"Promise you wont get angry with me."

"Why would I? Never."

"Ummm... he confessed to me but I rejected him."

I blinked at her. "WHY? He's a nice boy."

"I like someone else. Wanna know?"

"If you want to tell I'll gladly listen." I assured her with a smile.

"You might hate me after that..." Yoona mumbled and I huffed.

"I won't... even if its Sungyeol or Sunggyu." This time I hardly forced a smile over my lips.

"You hate Sunggyu too? He's a nice guy."

"Lets go...." I was afraid to hear Sungyeol's name so I didnt insist her and she didnt bother to tell.

We both reached the class giggling to each other. Miyoung stared at us who was now in her seat. I gave her a 'no one can replace you look'. She smiled back, probably a fake one, but I was sure she would accept Yoona sooner or later. I took my seat and Yoona took hers behind me. I greeted both Miyoung and Howan.

"Whats the class's beauty doing with class's nerd?" I heard two girls talking. Then I heard a giggle.

"Oh crap! I forgot my english book." Miyoung smack her head with her hand.

"Share mine. And Jun songsaengnim is so nice. He won't punish you like our math's teacher." Yoona gave her a warm smile. She was such a nice girl.

"Umm.... Ok." Miyoung agreed and I thought it was easier since it was Yoona.

 



"Lets go home together." Yoona grabbed my hand.

"Yoona, she's going to meet her boyfriend." Miyoung grinned at me.

"No..... he's not my boyfriend." I rolled it off.

"You're meeting a boy?" Howan gave a 'impossible' look.

"She is... and he is better than any of the guys in our class." Miyoung surprised Howan.

"OMO...... I am so happy for you Yerim......" Yoona gave me a warm hug and I hugged her back.

"He's a friend." I smiled. "I'll ask him to meet you guys too."

"I still can't believe." I heard Howan mumble to Miyoung who shouldered her boyfriend.

All I cared right now was that I was going to buy a cell phone and on my own, with Myungsoo who was waiting for me, outside the temple's fence. He was dressed casually, not in his usual uniform but in a white t-shirt and jeans. I didn't wave him but went straight to him.

"I was waiting." He smiled and took a glance at my uniform, a bit disappointed.

"Umm, sorry I came straight from school."

"Lets go." He said.

"Will you buy anything for your friends?"

"No. Its your shopping day." He grinned.

"Ok..." I smiled and we both headed to the subway station. The train approached and within the next second, we reached the markets area. 

"Umm, I wanna buy something for Miyoung and Yoona first." I said apologetically.

"Yoona?"

"She's a new friend." I smiled and entered a jewellery shop. I began to search the right presents for both.

"Have you ever received a present?" He asked.

"Miyoung gave me many." I smiled while eyeing the different objects. "Is it pretty? Should I buy one for both?" I asked as I showed two sets, consisting of a stacking ring and a beaded bracelet.

"Buy one for yourself too, Its pretty." He said and I didnt look into his eyes. I was afraid to see either warm or cold eyes.

"Ok." I bought the three sets and asked for a shopping bag.

"Yerim? Give me your hand." He said. I turned back to see what was he upto. He grabbed my hand and carassed a bracelet against my hand. It was simple but elegant and delicate, golden, with not much details.

I yanked back my hand. "W-what? I won't take it!" I mumbled and looked away abruptly.

He chuckled and I felt a bit restless. "I am going to buy this for my omoni."

"Then why were you trying it on my wrist?" I pouted unconsciously.

He chuckled again and squeezed my cheek harshly. "Your size is the same." He said and then turned his attention to the salesman. I felt ashamed at my own act. I tightened my grip over the small shopping bag.

"Lets leave. We have to buy your cell phone now, before you run out of money." He teased and I followed him. We rushed inside the shop he suggested and then argued over a variety of cell phones and then we both agreed over a pink shaded touchcreen cell phone.

"Finally." He stared at me. "Lets... um have some icecream." He seemed a bit confused.

"Not possible for me. I think I lost all my money to my cell phone." I chuckled.

He paused a bit. I never dared to look into his eyes directly. I was aware of the danger waiting for me, right in front of me. "Wait, I'll be back."

"No...." I subconsciously grabbed his cuff and he halted. "You'll come back, right?"

"Promise."  He assured.

I looked up at the warmer shade in his eyes and trusted it to not turn to colder one. Within the next 10 seconds he appeared back and startled me. He gave forth an ice cream cone, filled with chocolate flavour.

"Uh, I don't like chocolate flavour." I slightly pushed his hand back.

He switched it with another one which was in his other hand and it was strawberry. "Please eat me, I am not chocolate..." Myungsoo spoke up for the strawberry icecream cone in a child voice. I took it after giving him an disgusted look and heard a soft chuckle in response. "I love...." He paused. " to make you annoyed and .... I love that look." He smirked. I rolled my eyes and my ice cream. "What do you wanna know about me?"

"Something that I can tell my friends if they ask." I told him.

"I am 17. I love hanging out with friends, and I am a single child. I go to Hamji academy thats near your school and I love reading books."

"Books? which type?"

"Intellectual ones, not typical fairytales." He shrugged. I blushed at his comment cuz I used to love fairytales. "Tell me something about you but dont let your icecream melt."

"I am 16. I have just 3 friends and I am a single child too."

"Ah! and you get bullied."

"Yea---" He cut me off.

"And you are fine with it..." He scoffed.

"N----"

"And you think you are not worth anything." Agin cut me off.

"Will you let m---"

"And....." He continued his ridicules.

I glared at him while the icecream was dripping down on my hand. 

"Dont give me that look." He inched closer.

I dumped the icecream into the nearby bin and started walking ahead.

"Why are you so arrogant?" He asked.

"I am not. I am going home."

"Good, but I 'll follow."

I immediately recognized my mistake and turned back before he could flash back into his time space travel that he usually did. "I am sorry."

"I hate when you apologize. Can we get you home?"

I nodded and he wiped off the cream off my hand with his handkercheif gently. He caressed my hand and grabbed it rigidly, interlocking his fingers with mine. I stared up at him astonished. After a long heated walk, I finally reached home quite exhausted.

"Yerim...." He unheld my hand and kissed my cheek which burned up at the contact. "I'l see you tomorrow. Bye."

"B-bye." I sttutered.

"Ah and one more thing..... don't ...." He rubed the back of his neck. "Don't bother to bring your friends. They distract me."

"Ok...." Although I wished him to meet my friends but I compromised. "Bye."

"Bye." He bowed this time and walked away. 

I turned and rang the doorbell.

"Ah! Yerim...." Umma hugged me. "Show it to me." I took out my cell phone and gave it to her uninterested. "This is so cute." She exclaimed

I took it back and headed to my room after throwing the shopping bag at the couch. I sighed loudly and plunged into my bed when my cell did a beep. I rubbed my nose into the pillow before dragging my eyes to the cell phone. I clicked open the message.

 

"Check out your bag. You'll find your present inside.--- Myungsoo."

 

I jumped up and went out of the room, slamming the door behind and grabbed the bag from the coach to check it for any present. Why was I acting like a total materialistic person? I rushed the thought out of my mind and found the same bracelet which he lied about to give his mother as present.


sorry, i was a bit late ...... i hope you guys can tolerate..... next updates will be more romantic and thrilling ..... not so much idiot conversation.....