When nothing goes right...

Bad Blood

Yerim's POV

"Please come inside." The maid in her 20's made a way for me.

"Is Miyoung home?"

"Ah... yes she is.... and she is diagnosed with typhoid."

"Oh..." I placed my hands' tips over my lips. I felt ashamed for being mad at her for not coming to the party.  "I'll go to her room." I said and checked the time on the wall clock. It was already 6:30 in evening.

I carefully opened the door which led to Miyoung's room. "Miyoung-ah...."

"Yerim-ah...." She was in her bed with blanket covering her. She looked really pale.

"Miyoung-ah...." I opened my arms to embrace but got pushed to the side.

"Ok, stop... you melo-drama..." She rolled her eyes and moaned. 

"How did you get into this trouble?" I asked and sat on the fluffy couch like it was my room.

"I invited the germs and we had a tea party and they liked me a lot and they asked if they could stay and---"

"Ok.... i get it."

"So," She yawned. "How was the party?"

"T-the party?"

"Yes.... the party? Your dress tells you went to the party."

"They did not let me enter."

"OH.... good..." She smiled but looked angry. "When will you understand... you have to fight back. What took you so long? I thought you would run to me after school. I was expecting you earlier."

"Ummm..... I got.... lost?" I raised my brow as if myself unsure of what I was saying.

"Why are you blushing?"

"No.... I didnt get lost.... I...." I thought of an excuse. "Ah.... Did you tell Howan?"

"OH NO!!!"

"Miyoung.... dont get over hyped."

"Call Howan.... Where's my cell phone.....AAAAHHHHH....."

"What happened mam?" The maid made her entry into the room.

"CALL MOM." Miyoung yelled.

"Miyoung... I'll check it out for you... it must be here somewhere." I said to Miyoung and stood up. "You can leave this to me." I bowed to maid who shrugged in response and left. "Miyoung.... calm down ok... Check below your pillow."

"Its not here..." She looked up at me after checking.

"Let me check your drawers and table."

"Yeah do it.... " She said while thuding her head into her pillow. "He must be worried."

"I just dont understand why isnt Howan here by now.... or why didnt you call him?" I asked while examining her drawers.

"I was just so dizzy to call and yeah.... he didnt contact too... Did he come to school?"

"Dont know." I shrugged.

"Did you find it?"

"Nope not here...."

"I cant lose it... where the hell did it go?" She yelled for her maid again but this time her mother came inside the room.

"Miyoung... we can buy you new one." Her mom said as soon as she made her unexpected entrance.

"I'll lose all my contacts..." Miyoung whined.

"Oh hello ... Yerim..." She diverted her eyes to my direction.

"How are you?" I asked almost politely

"Did you know where her cell phone is?" Her mom's tone was sarcastic.

"I checked her drawers but it wasnt there... I dont have any idea where it went to..." I said as if i am proving myself innocent.

"You sure?"

"Yes..." I confirmed.

The maid came running to the room.

"Just do something.... what a bad day..." Miyoung yelled.

"Mam... I've checked other places but I cant find your cell phone."

Her mother glared at me as if I had her cell phone hidden in my boots... Well I really didnt.

"You dont have cell phone, Yerim?" The lady inquired.

"Yes... I dont need one." I said.

"Mom... why are you asking that to her??" Miyoung asked with disbelief.

"Wondering... if she took your cell phone?" She looked at me with scary eyes.

I dropped my mouth open and then looked at Miyoung.

"STOP IT..... Just buy me a new cell phone..." Miyoung sounded embarrassed.... more than I was. "Yerim.... I'll talk to you later.... You can go right now.... Seriously...." She hid her head under her blanket.

"Bye Miyoung... I hope you recover soon." I murmured.

Her mother mumbled some curses under her breath, ofcourse directed at me and even the maid looked amused. I felt like my heart was jumping out in my throat. It was a bad day for both of us, worst...
With a depressed mood, I stood up and left to save me from further insult. It was 7 and darkness prevaled the sky. I stared up and closed my teary eyes.That was the worst day... I felt extremely ashamed. How could someone suspect me of such a guilt? I moved further and I saw a few food stalls in the next street. I ran to the one selling tteokbokki. I bought some and headed to home.

"Umma loves tteokbokki..." I murmured to myself. I felt a bit lonely and scared alone in the street. Worst day....
I felt like someone's following me. Then fear started to fill up in my body. "I should hurry up." I had my vision backwards to see if anyone's stalking but to my disbelief I got bumped into a chained wild dog. I couldnt tell the breed. I fell over my hips and the dog snatched the packed tteokbokki from my hand with his teeth.

"YAH!" Someone yelled and it felt a bit familiar. I looked up and found the demon standing in front of me with the chain in his hand.

"I think you should stop it." Within the dim street light I could guess that along with Sungyeol, the other boy was Sunggyu, the imposter.

"Why should I?" Sungyeol sneered at me while his dog barked at me and I felt shocks in my head. This dog was the scariest of all. "Good Boy..." He patted his dog who again barked wildly and then sniffed me closer.

"Stay away..." My voice was shaky.

Sungyeol laughed and bent to grab my elbow. He made me stand up while I was rubbing the over flow of tears with other free hand. He glared at the red marks over my wrists and I followed his gaze to look at my bruises.

"You shouldnt have tried to break free..." He said without an evil grin.

"Then..." I sniffed. "What was I supposed to do? Die?"

"You could have done that." He smirked and I hated his smirks.

"That would have been more painful." I murmured while looking elsewhere I bit my lip to not shout it at him

He looked at me dumbfounded as if I said something he never planned or expected to hear.

"I think we should leave..." Sunggyu poked his back.

"Loser..." He mumured and as soon as he escaped from the scene, his dog again started the barking show. I was afraid to take another step as my whole body was shaking in fear. I lost my yummy teokkbokki and the dog is still barking, just like his owner. I felt like I should run for my life and I managed to run as fast as possible. I knew both Sungyeol and Sunggyu would be laughing at me but I had no other choice but to show how scared I was.

Umma opened the door and I fell into her arms crying out loud.

"Yerim..." She rubbed my back. "What happened? Dont scare me like that?"

"I WANT TTEOKBOKKI...." I whined like a crazy kid.

"Is that what you want?"

"RIGHT NOW!"

"oK.... calm down....Right now come inside." She kept her warm arms around me.

"You are rude to the people who care... but you never gather the confidence to stop the bullies." Why did Myungsoo's words revolve in my memory right now??

Next Day (At library)

"Where Howan could be??" I asked myself as I entered the general library, in the morning.

Later at the night yesterday, I recieved Miyoung's text that she found her cell phone and was extremely sorry for her mother's behaviour and she wanted me to hand a book to Howan who would be at the library in the morning and wouldnt go to school for some reason that I didnt ask;  but I couldnt find him. I sighed and leaned over a book rack.

"Where is he?" I murmured

"Who?" I raised my eyes to meet his cold eyes.

"You? What are you doing here?" I asked to find Myungsoo at the library.

"Actually you are blocking my way, I came here to get a book. But you are here for a 'he'?"

"The 'he' is Howan."

"Oh..." He pulled out the book just beside where I was standing. 

"I was really blocking your way. Sorry."

"Dont be sorry. Did you meet Miyoung yesterday?"

"She is not well... because of typhoid."

He didnt respond as if uninterested in the question he himself asked. "You are in your uniform... you'll go to school?"

"Yes... but Howan's not coming and I need to give him his book back. I borrowed it a week ago."

"You can give it later."

"But i cant contact him then."

"You dont have a cell phone?"

"Umm... no..." I looked up to read his expression.

"See you later..." He seemed a lot distant.

"Yeahh...." I tucked a lose strand of hair that ran out of my pony tail.

"Did you bring the sandwich?" He looked at me with his peripheral vision.

"How could I miss that?" I smiled as he smirked.

"Yerim...." Someone patted my back and startled me. I turned back and found Howan.

"Oh Howan...." I looked back to introduce Myungsoo but he was gone. Why is he so fast?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if the story is a bit lengthy and needs time to develop.... and sorry if the updates are bothering you... but i am totally free and didnt feel like updating the other fic I've started... I hope you enjoy and thanks to the subscribers ... <3