Could've been worse

Bad Blood

Yerim's POV

 

"The day i could die...." I read the words from the remainder on my cell phone, placed on my right side, next to the pillow. I changed into my uniform and lazily took steps downstairs and headed to kitchen.

"Yerim..." Umma cheered up just by the sight of me. I yawned and took a seat on the kitchen table, waiting for my breakfast and lunch to get prepared. Myungsoo once said I won't understand the difference between my well made sandwich and umma's simple sandwich.... what could make it better than mine? I thought. "Yerim-ah..." Umma called me. "Help me out, pack your lunch box." She said.

I stood up and went to her, I stared at her shoulder from the backside. "Umma..." I mumbled and she turned to me.

"What?" 

I startled her with a sudden hug. 

She hugged me back and rubbed my spine with her slightly wet hands. "Are you ok?"

I parted and packed my lunch. "I don't have any appetite." I said. I left the breakfast uneaten over the table and headed outside. That day, I didn't wait for Yoona to join me while I walk to the school. I had to do this alone, fight back while not trembling from fear; still one part of my heart screamed that the day would be the death of me by the hands of Lee Sungyeol. I reached school safely, without Sungyeol popping out of the secret hidden corners. I entered the school gate. and took every of my step carefully. During my way to my locker, I bumped into SungJong, hell! WHY WHY WHY??? But he didn't bother even looking at me and I sighed in relief for the first time while he ignored me, cuz I had a little crush on him before so I always used to curse myself for not being pretty enough to catch his attention. It didn't matter now how I looked.

God protected me from bumping into the danger and I stepped to the lockers. I opened it and took out my english book. All of a sudden, the locker closed with a thud and startled the hell out of me. I inhaled sharply and found Sungyeol's firm hand over my locker.

"Yo!" He exclaimed.

I frowned without making an eye contact.

"OMO.... are you trying to scare me....???" He opened the locker and again shut closed it.

I turned to leave but he grabbed my arm tightly and pressed even more that I squeaked. "Why are you doing this?" I asked humbly with a feeble voice. Is that what courage is ?? But it did affect him. He paused for a minute in that posture and I didn't try to set free.

"Because you irritate me." He clenched his teeth. "Whenever you appear in front of me, my heart beat raises and I just turn into a predator who wants to kill his prey."

"You call it irritation?" A boy said, standing behind Sungyeol. I recognized him as Howan. "Lets go Yerim..." He smiled at me and Sungyeol automatically let go off my hand, and I followed Howan.

"What else do you call it then?" Sungyeol yelled when we were a bit away.

"I dont think you'll like it if I say it out loud." Howan shouted back and we both hurried to the classroom.

"Thank you Howan. You saved me." I felt safe.

"Ah... there's Miyoung." He waved at her. "Yerim.... I want to talk to you about Myungsoo." He said, turning to me.

"I understand. I won't invite him next time when we gather."

"No pabo, thats not what I meant. You stay away from him."

"You're saying this because of these bullies?"

"No---" Someone pushed both of us forward as we were standing at the door. 

"YAH! Make way." Dongwoo yelled while his hands rested in his pockets.

"YO YO YO...... Calm down, gotta treat the princess nicely." Sungyeol mocked and grabbed my hand firmly, dragging me through the seats, while students were hiding their faces behind their books. I saw Miyoung stand up. Ignoring Miyoung's frown, Sungyeol made me sit on my seat and bent closer to my face. "Anything else princess?" 

"You forgot to say Ugly..." Howan mocked. "Why don't you leave her alone?" He huffed.

"Whats your problem? Isn't Miyoung your girlfriend? Worry about her." Dongwoo patted Howan.

"I wasn't talking to you!" Howan glared.

"Look what you've done!" Sungyeol said to my face and I backed off. He smacked his hand over my table.

"Sungyeol don't you think that's enough?" Miyoung said, standing right next to him.

"Yea yeah....." Sungyeol rolled his eyes and went to his seat.

"You okay?" Miyoung asked with concern and I assured her with a smile.

"Where's Yoona?"

"I think she's late." Miyoung replied and went back to her seat.

Our english teacher arrived at the moment and everyone greeted him. "I have a little announcement." There was an uproar in the class. "After your finals for this semester are over, we have decided to set a farewell party for your senior batch." Another uproar, but it wasn't much greater than the one  exciting my heart, Sungyeol eyes had been set on mine and I was shivering. "Sungyeol..." Jun songsaengnim called out his name and we both startled. 

"Y-ye..." He barely spoke up.

"Are you listening?" He asked and then diverted his attention to the whole class.

"For now I'll disclose just this information. We'll discuss everything after your exams are over."



It was off timings and everyone was leaving yet I was stuck with Howan.

"Why did you send off Miyoung?" I glared at him.

"You don't worry about her. I just want you to stay away from Myungsoo, understand?"

"Why?" I asked harshly. 

"He's not what you think he is.... or what we think he is."

"What do you mean?"

"Just the way he looks at you? Don't you feel it too?"

Omo.... did he notice the changing aura around him, or his eyes softening and then instantly changing into cold ones? "I don't get it...."

"Its a thing only a boy could understand."

"And what is that supposed to mean?"

"Guys.... I am back and Sooyeon wasn't searching for me." Miyoung raised a brow while folding her arms.

"Just keep what I said in mind. Bye..." Howan whispered to me.

"Come with us." Miyoung waved to me.

"Miyoung, I forgot my bag back in the classroom because of Howan. I'll be back."