I miss you

Bad Blood

Yerim's POV

That week was bizarre, more like the most uncomfortable days that I wont forget . I spent all my days with Yoona. We would walk school and home together, do club activities (more like gossips) and had some fun activities. Howan never bothered to ask whether I was fine. I just felt like he was enduring me all along just for the sake of Miyoung. The bullying continued but nothing big occured. I had no contact with Miyoung and I was quite afraid to visit her since the last encounter. I always wondered how would I act when Miyoung will get back, cuz I felt attached to Yoona. 

All of these new changes were nice but disturbing at the same time. One day, I had a little talk with Miyoung over my umma's cell phone and she told me that she would be good to come the following week. I was happy to hear but that uneasy feeling developed again. I vowed to myself that once Miyoung is back, I would form a trio, me, Yoona and Miyoung... no one should feel left out, right?

Above all, I had no little meetings with the mysterious guy. He never showed up but I still never missed a single day to visit the temple, everytime with a little dying hope that he would come. I wondered if I did something wrong, or if he's ill? or he hates me now...??? Questions with no answers. I lost my appetite completely. I just wished that Myungsoo would return one day. At nights, I would dream about me, Miyoung and Yoona together and then I would go to the temple and ask Myungsoo why isn't he coming? My mind was extremely occupied and there was no escape definitely.

At Sunday, Miyoung asked me to meet her at the library so that we could study for the upcoming exams and I agreed. I wondered If I would bump into Myungsoo like I did before.

"Yerim...." I was on my seat when Miyoung appeared with the maths book. "Its the best key book."

"You sure?"

"Yeah..." She winked and sat beside me.

"When's Howan coming?" I asked uninterested but I knew she would have invited him too, afterall, this was their secret date place.


"He isn't coming. Umm, can I ask you one thing?"

"Sure?" I was a bit hesitant as I knew what she was going to ask.

"Howan told me---"

"Yoona is not a bad girl, she wants to be your friend too. She has no friends in school, can't she join us?" I asked and looked at her with puppy eyes.

"I thought you like her more..." She murmured.

"No Miyoung, no ones above you. No one can replace you but... she helped me when you were not around and.... I want to help her too."

"I am not sure. I know nothing about her..." She tucked a hair strand behind her ear.

"Trust me...."

"Ok.... lets study."

I nodded and she dug herself into the book. She was a bright student and our classmates often called me a leech, as, according to them, I used to her qualities. But... like she doubted that I might like Yoona more.... I would never doubt her that she would ever regret being my friend, but I was not sure about Howan. These days, he felt so distant that I thought we never knew each other. 

Miyoung suddenly paused and looked at me. "Girl... you're blushing again."

"W-what?? No."

"Is there something you're hiding? I think you like someone?" She smirked at me.

"Not at all..." Answer to the 2nd question.

"Ok, since I trust you."

I think I blushed even more red at her comment. She trusted me but... I was hesitant in telling her anything about Myungsoo, and besides, he vanished like he never appeared in my life. Sometimes, I thought all those incidents were my imaginations. 

"Ok... I think its late now..." Miyoung pointed at her watch.

"Yeah... Lets go." I smiled.

We both stood up and I think... I saw some hallucination cuz I wasn't sure if that was what I saw. 

"Miyoung... I'll follow, you leave."

"Where are you going? Ok, I wont ask." She smirked again. "Go... but come back soon. I'll be waiting at the entrance."

"Yeah.. I'll take only 5 minutes."

"Hahah.... take your time." She grinned more widely that it irritated me this time. I turned around and she grabbed my hand. "Time waits for none so go."

"What are you talking about? But I'll keep that in mind."

"Good luck." She released my hand and I noticed that the dark orange and purple colors filled the sky, peeking from the large windows of the library. Maybe Miyoung was right. I needed to confirm if I really saw the mysterious boy or not. With heavy steps, not to produce a ruckus in such a place, I followed my instincts and I actually saw him returning a book. I stepped forward but some other people gathered and I couldnt reach him in time. I followed him to the outside, ignoring Miyoung who was right there waiting for me. I even heard her calling out my name but I was lost, lost in what? or where? I wasn't sure.

It was evening now and I somewhat lost my way back because road and streets were filled with people. In between the group of people, I again saw a vision of the boy. I mumbled out his name but I knew a feeble voice would never reach him so I again tried with a more hearable voice but I was always a coward and so shy to shout in public a boy's name. 

"Myungs---" This time I actually shouted but a large hand pressed against my lips. Another hand gathered around my waist and I was dragged out of the crowd. The person leaned against a wall, I guess, as my back was pinned to his front. 

"Why were you shouting out my name?" He whispered to me and my eyes bulged out. His grip over me losened and I took the chance to slip out. I faced him this time and placed a hand over my parted lips. I backed off a bit as I recognized him as the mysterious boy. 

Just after realizing that all those moments were not just stupid imaginations, they were actual incidents, my throat dried as if pouring all the fluid into my eyes and within the next second I felt a drop rolling down my cheek. I never had a feeling this vexatious. It was a feeling of relief and uneasiness. Was that even possible to feel two opposing emotions at the same time? I guess, it was.

"I need an answer." His cold eyes met my teary eyes. "Hm?" He demanded again.

I couldnt reply back as I was having an emotional imbalancement. All these days I was trying to avoid this awkwardness that I felt towards him but... today, it was overflowing and most of all, IN FRONT OF HIM. I tried to hold back. "M-myun-gsoo?"

"Yeah? Answer?"

"I...."

"Yes?"

"I miss...." I paused and gave it a second thought. I wanted him to join my world. "I missed you."

He chuckled and his eye color changed to warmer side, that he said he only showed to me. "I don't believe that."

"Believe me." I hiccuped.

"Can I hug you?"

"W-what?"

"Don't friends hug after a reunion?"

"Were you planning to never come back?"

"I thought... you didn't like me."

"No, I do like you...." Ok, that sounded a bit stupid. "As a friend, I want you as a friend, a close friend."

He rolled his eyes and then gave me a 'Yoona tight squeezy hug', but ofcourse, I felt uncomfortable.

"You're not comfortable?"

"No.. its not that."

"Then hug me back, since you missed me?" His tone had a bit of sarcasm.

A thought circled in my mind that he might leave again so I tried to hug him back but I was afraid if he could hear my heart beat.
 

He parted. "Lets go somewhere if you're free."

"No, I have to go, Miyoung must be waiting for me."

He again leaned forward, closer to my face; then a certain thought stopped him from further proceeding. "Bye." He drew back.

"Bye." I said and turned around, hoping to turn back. I stood there for a few secs waiting for him to say 'have a nice trip home' or something, anything.

"Don't tell Miyoung about me." I heard him say but when I turned back, the mysterious boy teleported again to some other place. And how was I supposed to not tell Miyoung about you?

 

__________________________________________________________________

Hope you guys are enjoying... XD