The idea of Double date

Bad Blood

Yerim's POV

As soon as our latte appeared over the table Miyoung stared at me with something shady going on in her head. She then squinted her eyes at me. "Double date!" She uttered.

"But---" I was harshly interrupted.

Someone from my back poked my arm. "How could you skip without me?" Yoona squealed and pulled a seat, now sitting over it.

The same moment Miyoung gestured me to keep the conversation a top secret between two of us. I nodded. "But it seems you bunked the class too." I grinned at Yoona, changing the direction of Miyoung's and mine conversation.

"Songsaengnim is absent,I guess .... cuz... um the class was cancelled." She shrugged her shoulders. "Why did you two skip?" She inquired with her spy eyes.

"We wanted some free time. You know.... the schedule was so busy and I thought you would take the class and we could get notes from you." Miyoung's words were cold but her accent and eyes warm.

"Yeah...." I added and pressed her hand with my hand. "You can also have this latte. I really don't feel like wanting this." I made a real annoyed expression.

"I can order mine, you know." Yoona flicked my forehead that caused an evil laughter out of Miyoung.

"You guys!" I pouted.

"No wonder Sungyeol enjoys bullying her." I heard a comment thrown at me.

"Yeah... even her friends do it." Another remark from the same group of girls. "Black hole!" 

Miyoung stood up as a reaction in anger but Yoona grabbed her arm and made her sit down. "Just don't waste your energy over the dumbies." Yoona clearly uttered the statement so that the girls could hear her.

I remained silent. It was always heartbreaking. Always. No matter how many times I told myself I really don't care. As I was drowning in my self created malevolence, my ultimate fear stood in front of me. I looked up at Sungyeol and he wasn't staring at me. How? Why? His eyes were fixed on Yoona. Oh no! What if he makes Yoona his bully target! This time I thought I had to take a stand for my precious Yoona because she never deserved the same treatment. Well I didn't either. Ok so well, why is he looking frustrated?

Yoona stood up. "Is it about assignment?" Her eyes glittered at him as she asked.

"No..." I think that's what he murmured. His eyes then drove to mine. I was staring at him dumbfounded. The moment our eyes locked I regretted and diverted the direction of my view. However, I looked up at Yoona who was still standing eagerly waiting for his answer. I noticed all the eyes on us. 

"Then?" Yoona asked further.

His eye balls again moved towards me, just eyeballs but just for a second. He had a tensed look over his face that I only had witnessed when we kissed accidentally and unfortunately. Ok, now the wait was killing me, but the instant he kissed Yoona on her lips, my eyes reflexively protruded out and Miyoung for the third time rose up from her seat. The kiss lasted for almost 2 second. He then without looking at any person in the cafe, left. Miyoung fell over her seat shocked. Yoona however, even more surprised was still standing, eyes still widely opened, but then she blinked twice and instantly looked at me.

"Y-yoona... y-you ok?" I barely spoke.

She just nodded and dived back into her seat.

"This is.... I mean..." Miyoung darted a look at me then at Yoona.

She knew Yoona had no knowledge about my kissing mishap. But that was an accident and this one, it was an actual real willful kiss. Unconsciously, I was smiling at Yoona. She was silent but blushing. 

"Huh.... Howan is calling again. Yoona... I'll be back. We'll figure this out, ok?" She patted her back. "Yerim... you take care of her." And thus she vanished.

"Must be a miracle that she's gone." I sighed. "Yoona, Miyoung is unaware that you like him. I think you should talk to him now."

She spanked her red cheeks and blinked. "Yerim help me."

"Lets get outta here." The immediate clamour caused by the sudden kiss was too distracting. So, we left the cafe and entered the playground. I grabbed her arms. "Go and confess." I thought it was the best moment she could declare her feelings to the unsentimental Sungyeol.

"Then come with me. I want you by my side when I say so." Yoona insisted me to come along... That was never going to happen!

"He would definitely shun you. You know he hates me. But I'll be you know.... I'll watch you too from a corner. So, go .... show some nerve." I propelled her forward. The bully gang was standing near the soccer field. I watched them and they were surely making fun of Sungyeol, at least it seemed so. I pulled back Yoona. "Not now... we'll wait until he is alone."

She nodded. "Should we keep an eye on him?"

"He's your partner in assignment... so you two can be alone only when working on the assignment."

"Ok... I got it." She winked at me.

"Yerim..." I heard my name so turned back and found Sungjong standing right behind us. I turned pale. He wasn't part of the gang but I knew he would enjoy back biting our scheme to Sungyeol. "I think we should start working. We can go to the library." But his sentence gave me life. He wasn't keeping an eye on us but it was simply because we were unexpectedly paired up.

"Huh..." I instantly lost words. I was so unsure on how to respond to a guy I barely speak to.

"I'll be going to Hyo unnie in the club room." Yoona smiled.

"Uh.... ok." I replied as Yoona left.

"So..." He gestured me to walk forward.

I blank faced started my pace towards the library. Both of us remained silent throughout the walk. After reaching the library we just considered some books that could help us in literature assignment.

"Issue these books" He handed over two books to me.

"Ok thanks." I headed to the librarian and issued them and left the library as soon as possible but he joined me too.

"Where are you leaving to?" He inquired. He too had 2 books in his hand.

"Do you want to finish this work now?" I asked politely as that was the only possible reason for him to stick around me.

"No..."

"Ok..." I sped up.

"Yerim... mind giving me your cell number.... umm for the assignment?" 

"Ask Howan for it." I barely looked back. The books were too heavy that I staggered.

"I can pick them up for you." He proposed.

"No thank you." I bowed but was still heading forward. He kept on following me. Everything was awkward these days, totally. 

"So.... are you meeting up with your boyfriend these days?"

Hello? What kind of question is that? "I'll head to the club room now." I answered incorrectly to his query. 

"I am heading that way as well." 

"Uh.... I think I should head home. Umma is constantly calling on my cell phone haha..." I rubbed the nape of my neck as I turned back to face him.

"Umma or him?" He smirked and I shooted a brow. "Ok... but don't avoid me. Or we won't make it... I mean the assignment."

I bewildered just nodded. Well he was quite right. The person persistently hitting on my cell phone was Myungsoo, apparently my boyfriend, actually a vampire? I shook the stupid thought out of head. Omo! He once acted a vampire... I bit my lower lip. What if? No way! !!!

 



Is he a vampire? Haha...