Revenge keeps ones wounds unhealed

Bad Blood

Yerim's POV

This girl Taeyeon helped me reach main road and I took a cab home. While on my ride back to home, I just relaxed my senses not thinking about him, who seemed to decay all the fortunes in my life; Miyoung being one of the main blessing that life granted me, and I thought it was Myungsoo's evil aura that she talked to me like she hated me. I was now not even regretting breaking up with him. He deserved it and I had the right to live my life my way, not his way! It was a 15 min ride, when I got off the cab and headed home. I always had spare keys with me, in case umma was late or had a tour. And since it seemed she wasn't home, I used the keys and barged in. She didn't even bother texting me. Then, I always knew my umma, so I went to the kitchen and slid opened the refrigerator with a container confining dinner that had a small note that said, I'll be late. Just that. Ok, although I felt angry but at the same time, it was very relieving that umma wasn't there to nag me as it was 10 pm. I took the container with me to my room.

I sat on my bed and opened the container, munching on the rice with chop sticks. I had to call Yoona so I did and she picked up unexpectedly.

"YERIMMMMM....... I am so worried."

"Are you alright Yoona? You seemed anxious earlier?" I asked with concern.

"I.... I asked him..... I asked and he said....... he said..... OTTOKHE!!!! Its horrible."

"Omo.... I am worried now too. Hurry up and don't panic."

"Sungyeol said the kiss never happened and left. He also handed the whole work to me, so now I am gonna make the assignment alone."

"You serious?" NO WAY

"How could he act like that!!!!!" She whined loudly.

"I wish I was at your place." I sighed in despair. And this despair wasn't shallow but its depth was somewhere unknown to mankind.

"What do I do now?"

"Ask him again why he did that? I mean, he has to explain. It was a kiss. Its not simple and he can't get away with it."

"Don't tell Miyoung, ok?"

"Yaksok."

"Gomawoooooo, will you help me?"

Hard question, Yoona. Will I? Or should I even? "I will but I won't confront him."

"Ahhhh.... ok but you have to be there. Cheer me up."

"Then meet you tomorrow, jjang."

"Ne...."


Who knew this could also be one of my worst days...

Yoona and I, as usual met up and walked to school together. She told me to stalk Sungyeol, so when he'll be alone, she'll attack him again. "OK Yoona." She really had no other choice and I had no better plan. As we both enetered the classroom, my eyes straight went to my Miyoung and she was staring outside. Although she had few friends, she was always happy, or used to be... because of me, she lost her boyfriend whom she adored whole heartedly. Miyoung.... I followed my eyes and walked to her seat. She hardly noticed me but when she finally did, she tucked her head down.

"You hate me..." She mumbled.

"Miyoung..... I can never hate you." I whispered playfully. Then I saw Yoona giving me a worried look as she was taking her seat, but I gestured that all was well.

Miyoung smiled at me. "I broke up.... but...... we'll carry on the act till highschool."

"Surprise, I broke up too." I winked at her and she giggled.

"Boys are not worth it."

"Ye... I better go back to my seat... and Miyoung I have a club activity with Yoona, so I won't find time today, but tomorrow will be yours."

She suspiciously eyed me. "Ok princess."

Princess!!!!!! "Miyoung?" I bulged out my eyes. That was the my bully name.

"Sorry.... it slipped out."

"k...." I smiled and went to my seat.


"Ok, bye Miyoung... Annyeong." I waved her goodbye as she vanished.

"We have one hour left. Is he even in the school?" It was afternoon and all our classes ended.

"My instincts say that he stays even at night.... you know bullies do that. I saw that in T.V." Instantly, my cell pone started ringing. "Should I pick up?"

"Who is it?" She asked.

"I don't know." I just watched the unknown number being popping up on my screen. 

"Pick up."

"ok...." So, I picked up. "Yoboseyo, who is it?"

"Sungjong."

OMO.... I abruptly pushed the cellphone away from my ear and darted a look at Yoona. "Its Sungjong."

"What does he want? Talk to him.... hurry up." Yoona squealed.

"Hello, its Yerim." I replied on the phone.

"I know. Can we meet up, right now?" He demanded

"Right now?" I put my hand over the speaker. "Yoona.... he wants to meet...."

"Oh nooooo...... wait, tell him you are on your way home." Yoona came up with an idea.

"Ah...." I spoke on the phone. "Sungjong.... I am.... not in school. I am heading home."

"Ok, then we'll carry on next time. I hope you know 2 days are left in the assignment submission."

"Yeah sure. Ok bye." I cut off and exhaled out loudly. "Lets go..."

"Should we split up? Whoever sees him call the other one?" Yoona advised.

"Ok... that'll save time."

"Ok.... I'll head that way." And then she dashed off in air.

I begin walking my path. Yoona was totally anxious and I too wanted Sungyeol to answer her genuinely, that might also help me relax more on this whole Sungyeol topic that Howan started. I walked through the corridor and tred upstairs towards my old science lab that I missed so much these days. My sixth sense seemed to direct me that way too. Sometimes I used to think that the reason Sungyeol bullied me was that room, he might want the room to fight his loneliness too. That surely wasn't the reason but I headed anyway. Now, as I was reaching closer, I made feeble, soundless footsteps. Although there were no student to be seen but if Sungyeol really was there, I had to be more cautious. I peeked into the next corridor and YES! I found him. He was with Dongwoo two room away from the old science room. I smiled like crazy and took out my cell phone.

"Just tell me the reason!" Dongwoo yelled and grabbed Sungyeol's collars. I rubbed my eyes with one hand and then looked there way more watchfully. "You knew I like her! Still!! Everyone's hot topic to gossip about is your and Yoona's kiss! Are we even friends?"

"Dongwoo idiot!" Sungyeol shoved the guy away harshly and then secured his collar. Rude! "I am not interested in that boring girl."

"Then WHY!!!!"

Instead of calling Yoona, I waited to hear the reason, since it might hurt her. I was so alert not to make a single sound as any feeble sound was obvious at that place now, with their voice echoing in air.

"Boys played a bet and I lost. End of story." Sungyeol shrugged his shoulders.

I inhaled sharply, accidentally. NO! Due to a bet? He literally gave her a little hope, false hope. His sharp evil eyes squinted at me. Fine! I surrender. 

"Yes?" Sungyeol walked to me but I didn't run away. Not this time. I couldn't defend Miyoung back then but I had to do it in case of Yoona. I was a coward but I wanted to water the plant of friendship that belonged to me. I decided not to call Yoona, and to make up Sungyeol's mind on either apologizing to her or definetly going out with her. Before he could gain access to me, I stood out and walked to him and watched his astonished expression. His confused eyes looked at my eyes and usually I used to shiver but that time, I fought back, staring back at him.

Myungsoo made me strong. He did.

"Look at this girl..." He laughed and turned his eyes back to Dongwoo who was still frowning at him.

"Apologize to her. You broke her heart." Thos were the words I dared to apeak.

He bulged his eyes at me. "You.... are that ugly princess I hate so much? How dare you ?" Without second thought, he yanked back my hair through my pony tail and pulled back harder.

"Sungyeol!" I called out.

He cupped my chin. "Listen Yerim! You're telling her nothing. And if you do---"

"Why are you so cold?" I tried to speak when my chin was clutched.

"You'll be responsible!"

He didn't expect me to fight back so I pushed him away. He destabilized, but soon gained steadiness. 

"You'll regret princess." He pointed his index finger at me.

"You have to apologize or ....."  This time I looked down. "Or go out with her...." I rapidly muttered out.

Dongwoo chuckled and came towards me while I backed off. This time, he cupped my cheek and kissed me on lips for a second. He drew back slightly and then turned back to Sungyeol. WHY DONGWOO!!!

"Dongwoo..." Sungyeol muttered before I could even ask.

"Did you feel that!" Dongwoo asked.

Feel what Dongwoo!!! I was supposed to feel something! Horror!!! I felt my whole body shivering. This was the most unpredictable event for me.

"I felt the same rage when I heard you kissed Yoona." Dongwoo mouthed.

I squatted down, hands shaking like crazy. I rubbed my lips with my arm and ran my fingers through my hair. My life was hell!

"You're sh**" Sungyeol swore.

"You're worse." Dongwoo smiled.

The next second, Sungyeol punched him in the face and I didn't muster up courage to look directly at him. But the vibe... it was beastly as always. Dongwoo punched in his stomach and Sungyeol grabbed his waist, pushing him on the floor, and punching him continuously in the face. For once, I moved my teary eyes up to look at him, and yes he looked beastly. He had obvious loath in his eyes and was all red in the face. My cell phone started ringing and with speed, he rushed to me and grabbed me as I stood up. His biceps were now squeezing my waist.

"Just have some mercy on me! Why are you so cruel!" My trembling lips pleaded.

Dongwoo stood up with blood rushing out of his lips, and I couldn't look at them so I looked away. He just went away like nothing happened.

"If... by any chance she hears the story from your bloody mouth, I promise I'll kill you." He repeated his previous action and cupped my chin, staring at my lips. "You know better, how much I hate you!"

"Then why did you ever stalk me?" I murmured. I was fed up of hearing I hate you I hate you when I didn't even know why.

Myungsoo brought this confidence in me.

"I think you've lost your senses. If I would ever stalk someone," He glared into my eyes. "She'd be really pretty." He jerked me back. "I hope you love your life." And then whoosh... he was gone and I finally looked at the cell phone screen, Yoona's call which I picked up.

"Any progress?" She asked.

And there I was, unable to halt the flow of tears. "Ani..."

"You ok?" She sensed my unstable voice.

"Umm..."

"If you're not ok... go home."

"Hmm...." I nodded and cut off the call. 

Why was my life like this? and those around me weren't living a so happy life. I was alone there, so began to cry out loud. Dongwoo kissed me as revenge. So the story Sungyeol liked me now had many witnesses. Dongwoo took his revenge, involving me, not even confirming whether Sungyeol still likes me or not? Fine then people, you all can use me, laugh at me and I'll cry loud. And then I thought nothing could stop the release of emotions. I lost Myungsoo, then I kinda lost my dignity. Boys kiss girls out of revenge or a bet? Is this the world I am living in? Probably these were some really mild realities of life but they still hurted because they weren't unnoticed for me. I had no one to share my feelings. I thought life would be easy without Myungsoo in it but I forgot life was worse before his arrival. He brought so many good changes in me and then I lost him. Lost would be the wrong word, I consciously shoved him and he went away. He said I would crave him and won't find him. Why was he so right?

"Yerim..." A soft pat was all I needed right now.

Myungsoo..... I abruptly hugged the person who dabbed my back. "Come back!!! Please! I am ruined without you!"

"Why are you crying? Is everything ok?"

"How can it...." I drew back and looked at the figure's face. "ok?......Sungjong." I murmured embarrassed. "I am....." I hate when you apologize. "I am...." I just couldn't say sorry, just couldn't.

"Come with me." He located his arm around my shoulders.

"Please... please leave me alone." 

"You need to wash your face and you'll feel 1000 times better."

"Please!!!" No matter how much I refused he still dragged me to lady's room.

I splashed water over my face several times but I couldn't stop crying. Rather the tears were over producing. I poured water over my head too lower the head ache. "Come back...." I murmured in between my tears with shaky voice. Within  a minute, I left the room and came out but Sungjong was still there, probably waiting for me. 

"You look better now. Here..." He handed me a cola can. "It'll refresh you more."

"I apologize..."

"You don't have to. By the way, I heard you broke up with that .... umm.... I don't exactly know him."

"Who...." I hitched down my uniform skirt. "Who told you?" Not looking directly at him.

"Just heard. But I guess you're not over him yet."

"You should not meddle in my matter." I told him but in a polite manner.

"You've changed... so much. But don't lie to me next time, or else you'll get caught like this." He smirked at me and caressed a hair strand that made its way out of the pony tail. I hurriedly stuck it behind my ear. His smile disappeared. "See you later."

I nodded. He left, out of my sight and I headed home. I needed some good sleep, after finishing the cola can that I too wanted.



 

 

I had this story in my mind long ago.... almost somewhere in early 2015 when I saw the dream, but I was afraid the storyline was too boring and SHORT..... And this is hard to believe that its getting lengthier... idk wats happening.....

btw hope you guys are not bored.

BOLD LETTER SENTENCE MEANS SOMETHING THAT MYUNGSOO TOLD YERIM.