Not ready for love

Bad Blood

Yerim's POV

I used to wake up at 7, but that morning, I got up 30 minutes earlier. I took a refreshing shower and after slipping into my uniform, I went to umma's room who came home late at night.

"Umma..." I patted her shoulder and she hid her face under the sheet. "Umma? wake up." I whispered but whispering wasn't working. "UMMA? WAKE UP! I AM LATE!!!"

She got up off her pillow fanatically and her hair looked haphazard "Oh...." She removed the sheet before realizing that it was 6:50 am. She gave me a confused look after returning her eyes to me. "So, why did you wake me up?"

"Umm... I want to make a sandwich.." I made a puppy face.

She stared at me with half-closed baggy eyes. "You're acting strange. I'll make you one."

"NO...... I mean no..... I want to try it..."

"Are you dumping it into Miyoung's tummy?"

"No... I told you she's ill." Well, it was somewhat true, if we replace Miyoung with Myungsoo.

"Ok fine..." She stood up and folded her sheets. "Lets go..."

"Ok." I said, excited.

"Umm Yerim....??" 

We were heading to the kitchen. "Yes?"

"Have you forgiven me?"

I stopped moving any further and the my whole life rippled before me in a second. Those were so happy, carefree moments of my life but... it all changed on my 16th birthday, when I vowed not to dream again.

"Answer me, Yerim." She asked with pleading eyes.

I stepped forward to the kitchen and she followed.

She kept me in darkness, she told me highschool was a step to a fun life, she told me appa loved me, she lied about everything related to my grandparents, she misguided me on every step, making everyday a fairytale, when it was not... How could I possibly forgive her for spoiling my mind for 16 years?

"You are rude to the people who care..." Urgh... gotta stop these words from circling in my mind.

"Get the bread, Yerim..." Umma started her instructions and I followed. Along with the lettuce, mayonnaise and sliced meat that she suggested, I sneakingly added tomato slices, cheese and peanut butter. I wished that this sandwich turns out to be the best, cuz yesterday, Myungsoo didnt seem to have a good mood.

"Ok, time to go....Annyeong." I waved goodbye and umma waved back with a smile.

It was a long walk and deep down I was hoping for Yoona to hop to me and hug me. I was so used to her sweet caring gestures.

"Yerim??" I knew the person was Yoona. She hugged me. "We live in the same neighbourhood. Never noticed.... haha..."

"Yeah..."

"I often saw you walking by, but I thought you didnt like me ...." She paused and stared at the road, "Hmm... like the other girls in our class." She mumbled.

GIRLS DONT LIKE THIS ANGEL????


"Lets go..." She started a slow walk with me. Within the next 15 minutes, I couldnt find a good topic to talk about.

"I heard your art sense is good..." Yoona smiled after the long pause when we were at the school gate.

"Yerim..." Howan came running to us. "Oh, Hi Yoona." He greeted her.

"Hello Howan... how are you?" Yoona smiled back.

And then begin the formal conversation. I stood there staring at them. "Lets move to the class."

"Yeah...." Howan hurried along with us. "Its english right? I heard you did well in the previous class."

"I ...... I just read a paragraph." I replied.

"Lets go." Yoona entered the class.

I first peeked inside to see whether Sungyeol's busy or too free to annoy me again. I saw him on his seat, but he seemed to be in a deep thought. I hoped he never notice me and successfully, I made a dash to my seat.

Later that day, I and Yoona sat on a bench during the lunch break. I used to spend my precious time in the un-used old science room, that I got trapped inside on my first day, Why am I bringing that horrible memory again? Besides, I was trapped inside the same room, about a day ago. 

"Yerim.... I think we can be friends."

No, not another friend.... "But we are too much different. You are so popular...." I intermingled my fingers. "And..." I bit my lower lip. "I am just a freak." I mumbled.

"No... you are definitely not a freak."

I was hoping she'd say something like Sungyeol's the true freak but she never did. 

"All the girls hate me.... I think we are similar." She replied, hesitatingly.

I bulged out my eyes.... Girls really hate her????

"Why are you so shocked? Don't girls hate you too?" She asked, patting my back.

"I think everybody hates me, because I have so many flaws, but you're flawless." I, then paused. "Maybe that is the reason.....they are jealous???" I mumbled with narrowed eyes.

"Don't know... so...." She looked at me with bright eyes. "Ummm do you.... like someone?"

"L-like??"

"Yes... we both can share this secret." She grabbed my hands in excitement. "Come on.... thats a total girl thing and you should tell me. I'll tell you mine too."

"Umm...." I thought hard but nobody came to my mind. Just then my mind played back a kiss that I had, an unexpected event to ever happen to a girl like me.... "Ummm Sungjong....???" I muttered hastily. 

"You like Sungjong???"

I blushed like crazy and shook my head, then pointed a finger to a guy standing behind us.

"What?" She asked and turned around to see who it was. "S-SUNGJONG????" She stuttered shocked and then looked at me a bit ashamed.

I raised my head to look at Sungjong's smug face. I was so embarrassed right now.... I called out his name just to inform Yoona that he was behind her and.... something really stupid happened. Yoona might cover this up now.

"Oh well." Sungjong rolled his eyes at the idea that I like him, NO I DON'T. Well I used to have a crush on him but... now I dont feel like it.

"No.... Sungjong... you misunderstood something..... She didnt s-say that.... what she meant was---" Yoona was interrupted.

"Ok.... whatever.... Can you give me some of your time, I need to talk to you."

I stood up as Sungjong gestured me to leave.

"Hey Yerim.... You go to my club room. I'll join you there." Yoona winked and I nodded.

Her club room, I guess, it was on 2nd floor? She was really popular but her club was not. I even didnt know what was it for. I started walking upstairs where some of the girls passed by. 

"Don't you feel like Jun songsaengnim shows a little too much sympathy for Yerim?" The girls were going downstairs. 

I just stood still after hearing what they said. I looked back at them and they were just giggling at me. Why dont they understand? He's like this with everyone! He's just a nice guy...

I ignored them and headed up to the 2nd floor's third room. I slid open the door and carefully closed it. It was smaller than the old science lab but less messier. However, some cloth banners were lying half on a large table and half on the floor. Then I noticed a girl with short blonde hair sitting on a chair near the table, reading something like a magazine. Who was she? She looked up as well and noticed me too. We held our eyes locked with one another and then she diverted her eyes to the magazine again.

"Yerim..." Yoona entered and then closed the room. "Please have a seat." She dragged out a seat for me and I took it. The blonde girl was now looking at me with twinkling eyes.

"Unnie... this is Yerim."She told the blonde girl. "Yerim... this is Hyoyeon unnie, our senior and she's going to debut in a girl group.Isnt it exciting?"

"D-debut?" The word was something I could never even imagine of.

"Hi Yerim.... Nice to meet you." Hyoyeon unnie grasped my hand and shook it violently. "I've been wanting to meet you..... aish.... she's so innocent." Was she sneering at me? Nonetheless, I smiled at her comment and then bowed. "Why does Sungyeol bullies her?" She asked Yoona. Yoona shrugged her shoulders in response.

"H-how do you k-know?" I asked. "Yoona, you told her?"

"I am Sungyeol's older sister." Hyoyeon unnie replied and my mouth dropped open.

"Do you bully too?" I asked before I could halt my words from slipping out. "Sorry."

She chuckled. "No... I don't." She bit her lip. "Sungyeol's.... a bit... more fierce. He's just hotheaded and never shows that he cares....Our parents are divorced and he lives with our father, so I hardly find time to meet him. I am really sorry, I just cannot help you, cuz you're on his mind and he won't stop, unless you get out..... of his mind. You understand?"

"What do you mean?" Yoona asked, as much shocked as I was.

"I mean...." Hyoyeon unnie thought for a while to find words. " You know.... he thinks you're a theme of bully, so he would, unless you prove him wrong. Thats what I meant."

Yoona sighed in relief. "Thats something impossible." She posed a tired smile at me and I looked away. "Oh well, lets start with the real work, she's gonna join our club."

"What?" I asked startled. "But what its for?"

"You see, we make banners for other clubs and stuff like that. Yoona told me you like art, so we thought you will be a good addition." Hyoyeon unnie again took my hand and shook violently, God, so much like Sungyeol.

Both the girls did some spicy gossip and I just sat there with sealed lips and bulged eyes, I thought where the world was going these days, most of their gossips were things I couldnt understand but I never asked anyway.

"Guys, I am late....." I stood up, grabbing my bag's strap.

"Going so early???" Yoona whined, while she stood up. This time, i hugged her tightly like I was paying back all the love that she showered on me. 

"Goodbye Yoona, Goodbye unnie. I am so glad to have you guys.... I'll work hard for this club. F-fighting."

"Fighting..." Hyoyeon unnie exclaimed.

Yoona kissed my cheek. "I am glad to have another friend."

I paid back with a smile and left the room.

I rushed out of the school and ran to the temple, a yearn developed inside of me. What kind of yearn was it? I was unaware of that. I entered inside the territory but found no one on the porch. I stepped forward and sat down on the porch. I hummed a song that was glued to my mind these days and waited for almost what seems like forever. After 30 minutes of wait, I entered the temple and it was just a small empty entique room with beautiful scripts designed and encarved patterns on the wall, some old large carton and a metal storage box. A smile appeared over my lips, as I took out the lunch box with 2 sandwiches inside. I waited and waited until dusk but he never appeared.

 

____________________________________________________________

 

Sorry, Too much long chapter and again no Myungsoo but i am trying to develop the story.... I hope you guys wont get annoyed. And instead of details of rooms and etc etc, I focus more on dialogues.... if its annoying too? tell me and I would try to add details.
Oh well congrtax to Infinte for their 6 wins with BAD and its such an addictive song......