Day I got to feel needed

Bad Blood

Yerim's POV

 

"Yerim?"

I turned back and found Sunggyu standing at a distance. He lessened the path and walked to me. I turned to him completely, ready to hear his apologizies for all the yesterday's mishap. "Sunggyu... its alright. You don't have to apologize." Cuz its all fake.

"No Yerim. I prepared for today's talk." He started to walk towards the old science room and asked me to follow.

"Please don't waste your time and go take the class." I said while walking behind him.

He ignored my words of pure advice. As we reached the room, I sat on a stool and he dragged another stool, sitting beside me. "I am going to tell you the true side of the guy you hate."

"I am not interested." I said.

"Lee Sungyeol..the guy you hate, he's not a bad guy."

I smirked at his stupidity. "Tell me more but I won't believe. It still will help me kill time." I taunted.

"You only act helpless in front of him." He smirked back.

"He is a danger to me." I gave him the most accurate reason of my fear. "He hates me and declares it everytime I encounter him."

"He used to be a good little boy..."

"But then his parents got divorced and he started hating everything and turned into a bad guy..."

"Yeah but---"

"And then he made his ultimate goal to make my life a hell." I continued.

"Aniyo"

"Then what?" I asked irritated at how this guy was indulging his energy in favour of his psycho friend. 

"Yes, his parents got divorced. The mother he used to adore left him with her noona. He thought he was useless and could do nothing to stop the separation. I met him back in those days when he was lonely. We became good friends, following Dongwoo and then Howan. We were like best friends. But then you came to our life."

"Uh me??" I was lose at words. Why me? When me?

"Sungyeol first saw you when you were in middle school."

"Not when he bumped into me at the first day?" I asked astonished.

"No.... Since that day, Sungyeol started acting weird. He never came to any of our group gathering. Once Howan said he'd help to find out the problem so he directly asked Sungyeol. He replied there's nothing wrong with such an arrogance. He told us he doesn't want us anymore in his life. He said he wanted living the life of a bad boy with no feelings and rules in his life."

"But why do you think its because he saw me one day?" I was so confused as it actually concerned me.

"He changed .... to alter his view of you."

"W-what view? Of me?" I stuttered with the tension building inside of my churning stomach.

"I am not done yet. Howan reached you guys on purpose to be friends with you, so that he could introduce you to Sungyeol, but that dummy himself fell for your best friend."

"I never knew Howan was close to you guys."

"You remember the party noon?"

"When he tied me to a chair and locked the door? How could I forget?"

"And later when we met you in a street where his dog started barking at you?"

"He was horrible."

"He wasn't barking at you."

"Don't lie to me." I sneered.

"We saw a guy following you so he decided to confront you. His dog barked at the guy stalking you that night."

"I d-don't get it!"

"He was trying to scare away the guy." He stood up. "Yerim...."

I looked up at him.

"At the end of the story, every character reveals his true self. You'll be in shock when it happens." Saying those universal words he faded out of the old science room. I shuddered just at the thought of something that disturbing.

Rest of my day passed in the club room, learning patterns for posters they made. Hyoyeon unnie assisted me well as she knew I was such a naive at learning new things. I laughed together with Yoona and other girls at the gossips too dense for me and I didn't ask the meaning behind all the thick things they were discussing. It was closing time, almost 4:30 when Hyoyeon unnie reached me and squeezed my arm.

"Yerim? I would like you to meet my mother." She said and I was astonished at the sudden invitation.

"Um.... well....." I couldn't reply back with confidence.

"Can I come with her too?" Yoona whined from behind me.

"Yeah yeah..... jeballl!!!" I turned back and hugged her.

"You two can bring other friends too."

"Unnie..." I called her out and she gave me a bewildered expression.

"Y-yeah?"

I had some questions I wanted to ask her about her dongsaeng. Like what kind of guy he really was; one that I imagine or the one that Sunggyu told me about. Nevertheless, he was a bad guy for me.

"Yerim? Tell me!" Hyoyeon unnie asked once more.

"I..... I will surely visit you."

"Ah~~~~  good then." 

"Yoona... lets go home." I entagled my arm with hers.

She hesitantly backed off. "What about Myungsoo?" She whispered to me.

"Uh..... oh yeah.... wellll.......yeah! I just.... forgot. Then.... see you later." I grabbed my bag and left the room. Myungsoo used to come to the temple at 3 and I was purposely late but I didn't want even my friends to know what kind of guy I was dating. I decided to handle this problem named Myungsoo myself.

I walked out of the school gate and watched the temple's fence keenly from a distance ... and yes, I saw a boy's figure staring at my direction. Ok, that time I stood still and waited for him to come to me, to test if this guy really teleports. We both kept on staring at each other from quite a distance but he didn't move.

Move! 

"Waiting for me?" I heard his voice whispering from my rear. Instead of turning back I kept on looking at that figure standing near the fence and awkwardly it was still watching me. Now I shivered and couldn't even turn back to catch Myungsoo and hit him in the head. The figure, that was not differentiable, was still.

"Turn back Yeriiim..." His hands were on my waist now but I still didn't turn back.

"Omo!" I murmured as I noticed the figure to be Sungyeol. I abruptly turned back and found Myungsoo smirking at me like I failed at something. "But you never let strangers pass that fence."

"What stranger?" He asked confused and I looked back ...... *foosh* the figure was gone and I was now maaaad!!!!! 

"We are not together for now, so go .... date some other girl." I pushed him away.

"Yerim! I need a chance to explain myself!"

"Ok, lets hear out your story right now." I folded my arms.

"Well..." He scratched the back of his head. "2 years ago when I was 15, I went to a fortune teller and I believe these kind of things."

"You do?"

"Can we sit somewhere?"

"Tell me here, right now mister!"

"Ok ok..... I was with Woohyun that day and I asked about my future love as I was exhausted due to all the girls of my school following me."

"What did she tell you pabo??!!!!" I yelled in discontentment.

"She told..." He closed the distance between us. "She'd be really innocent, a nerd, ugly, a highschooler my age. She'd be cute but stupid."

"Ohhh.... you think I am ugly?"

"I thought you believe every word that Sungyeol utters. Doesn't he call you ugly?"

"Ah! You!!!" I pointed at him but couldn't say anything in defence.

"Hear the important part out, the reason I selected you and rejected all other girls." He smirked and lightly his lower lips. "She'd be y." His eyes did a quick scan of my body.

"Myungsoo!"

"Yerim!"

"Just tell the reason!!!"

"Woohyun would be able to identify her."

"What kind of stupidity is that? You broke too many girls from inside. Just checking them, whether they'll agree on having fun with Woohyun. How pathetic!"

"Shhh!!!! Your eyes change aura. And only Woohyun could study that."

What the hell was that? I experienced the same thing on you. "I..... I don't get it."

"Pabo!" He flicked my forehead. "You change your eyes' aura according to the situation. Understand?"

But you do the same!

"Believe me. I couldn't sleep at night peacefully since I met you."

I exprerienced that too. I pondered over it and the story he told me was almost geniune. 

"Answer me right now! And remember I won't live without this girl." He gave me a sudden hug and then squeezed me. "Love me back and I'll excite you to the sky."

"W-what is that supposed to mean? And you're going to kill me Myungsoo!" I attempted to push him back but failed miserably.

"You'd become a real princess, right out of fairytales. Please marry me!"

"Eh?" I murmured at his sudden proposal but I guess he actually was even more shocked than me because he slowly retreated back and stared into my eyes with a confused and goofy look dancing over his face.

"No.... I mean.... when we become adults ..... and.... yeah.... ok? Then marry me...."

"Lets go home now..."

"Haha... you want me to meet your mum?" He shooted his brows. 

"Well its not important.... my umma... Since I am going to decide my partner.... and for now I have to go home."

"Na..... we are going out." He picked me off my feet.

"No... please..... my school guard is watching us!"

"And do we care darling?"

"And you are forgetting we are not married yet!" I rolled my eyes. "By the way.... why is that called dracuLa punch?"

"Uh.... my classmates add dracuLa to every little thing I do. Like dracuLa cough, sneeze, wink..."

"Wink?"

"As an example dear...butthead!" He laughed.

"Shut up!" I playfully hit him on the shoulder. Besides he wasn't a bad guy and I...... I loved him and wanted him sooo much to stay forever in my life and become my ugly prince, if I was an ugly Cindrella.



 

Thanks for tolerating slow updates....

Reason behind the word dracuLa punch..... have you heard eoeo by uniq? they say drunk in love at a part amd I always used to hear Drucula punch lol.... so, I checked out the lyrics and *boom*... i felt embarrassed but happy since I got a good term....