Deep Breathes

My Lucky Year

 

"So honey, we were talking with Mrs. Kim the other day and she mentioned how you said that you were thinking of not going to med school....of course that's just a misunderstanding, yes?" My mother spoke coldly to me at the breakfast table.

"Well....I haven't completely made up my mind. I'm just a kid" Oh crap, I knew where this conversation was going. It was one I had been dreading for years now.

"What are you talking about Jinki ?" Her fury wasn't well hidden, it was clear as day that she was pissed. It's not that I don't blame her...I mean I had been saying I wanted to be a doctor my whole life. It's just I wanted her to respect my personal opinion, and how it might change as I change as a person.

"I think I want to study music now. I don't really have the passion for medicine like I do for music" This was such a difficult thing to  admit to my umma. I knew she feared this. I knew this was the reason she was hesitant to let me pursue private piano lessons. I knew this is why it took so much convincing to let her buy me a piano my past birthday. I knew this was the reason she was about to explode in my face. And so she did. 

"Lee Jinki I did not spend good money on all those science camps and private classes just for you to give up on your dream. Your appa and I both told you that you will become a doctor, and you agreed. So why are you being so difficult all of a sudden?" Her eyes were blaring with fire, and disappointment. This wasn't exactly how I intended to spend my Sunday morning.

"This isn't all of a sudden, Umma. I've wanted to be a musician for years now. But it's for this reason that I've delayed telling you." I said indicating our current argument.

"No, you didn't tell me because you knew if I found out that I wouldn't pay for private lessons or a fancy piano that barely fits in the living room. You didn't tell me because you’re a devious son. Just tricking me with this doctor talk to get what you wanted. Well not anymore, I'm selling that piano the first chance I get. And if no one buys it within a week I'm donating it. " She spat the words out at me like poison.

"No Umma....please...you can't" I whispered, distraught by her cruel words. This wasn't the umma I usually knew. This was the side of her I never wanted to know, but always feared existed. 

"Stop talking, Jinki. You have no say in this. Not after how you've disappointed me."

"How have I disappointed you? All I've done is accept myself. Something you've always told me to do."

"Well I didn't know accepting yourself would bring about such horrible results"

"What's so horrible about music, Umma?" I couldn't recall when they started, but tears were quickly streaming down my face and I did nothing to stop them. Umma deserved to know what she was doing to me. 

"It would ruin your future. You've only been playing a few years. Talent can't develop that quickly"

"Oh now suddenly you’re the expert on music ?" This was odd, I never talked back Umma. I wouldn't do it again, but I had to let some of my anger spill out of me. 

To my surprise my mother just walked out of the kitchen, grabbed her keys and left for the garage. Later I saw her drive off in the car. 

I didn't know what exactly I felt. It was a mixture of anger, sadness, and guilt. Before I could even process my feelings I heard a knock on the door. 

Groggily, I made my way to the front door and pulled it open to find a bubbly Jonghyun. 

"Hi Jinki!!!" Then he saw my face. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" He stepped in, closed the door, and put his hand on my lower back as he led us to my room.

We both plopped down on my bed and he raised my head to meet his.

"Talk to me, hyung" His voice was gentle but firm, I could tell he really wanted to help me. It felt good.

"I told my mom about the med school thing"'

"Oh, so she took it badly?" I just nodded my head feeling the tears stream down more and more.

Jonghyun brushed thumbs across my cheeks wiping away the droplets. 

"Sshhh it's okay, Jinki. Just take some deep breaths. In and out Jinki in and out" We both inhaled and exhaled in sync. I found the action calming and my crying started to dissipate. Jonghyun ran his hands up and down my back when they no longer needed to wipe my tears. They weren't gentle touches, but firm giving me both comfort and reassurance that I would be okay. If that wasn't enough reassurance, the constant cooing in my ear saying "It's okay. You're beautiful and make beautiful music and will be okay"

"Okay" I croacked out after the nth time of hearing the praise.

"Okay" Jonghyun replied back, much more firmly. He gave me an encouraging smile, and I gave him a half smile back. 

"What do you want to do now, hyung?" Jonghyun asked in a soothing voice.

"I just want to relax." I heaved out. I could feel the tension in me, and it was not pleasant. I wanted it out of my system.

"Want me to help you...?" He looked up at me intently in the eyes.

"How?" I didn't know what he was getting at here.

"Just lay down, hyung" Cautiously he guided my body into a laying position.

"Close your eyes, Jinki" And so I did.

After a few hesitating seconds, I felt a lightly shaking hand trace down my chest. I realized where he was going with this. I also realized I welcomed it more than I would have expected as I let out the faintest sigh. 

That reaction must have built his confidence because the next thing I knew Jonghyun was rubbing gentle circles on my stomach above my thin t-shirt. The more he rubbed, the more the hem of my shirt was raised, revealing my stomach. 

When it was about half way up, I felt really exposed and started breathing deeply having the rise and fall of my chest become prominent. 

After a strong exhale, I felt a pair of soft warm lips against the skin of my bare stomach. A few more kisses were placed across the area, before they rose higher and higher up my chest. 

Slowly my shirt was pulled back down, followed by gentle hands making more lazy circles. His lips moved from my chest up to my neck as he gave long plump kisses to my neck. A soft gasp escaped my lips. To that, a beautiful pair of gentle lips were placed against my own in a moment of harmony. 

"Feeling better?" He whispered, his breath dusting across my face.

"Not quite” I pulled him into a firm and hard kiss.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

 

 

 

(A/N) Ok wtf was the chapter.....idek this is probably the least confident I've ever been about a chapter, but maybe that means it's good...?! Anyways thanks for reading this and hopefully I didn't disappoint :) Have a good day <3