Wonderful Dreamland

My Lucky Year

 

It was currently 6:30 and I had approximately thirty minutes until Jonghyun was to come over. I may or may not have ordred take out and put in on plates for us to eat....what can I say I'm not much of a cook. I could not get my head to calm the hell down. My mind was filled with buckets of pessimistic what if's and all for what reason? I don't even know...okay I supposed that's not completely true. I was kind of supposed to tell Jonghyun that I loved him today. So yeah I think it's fair to say I was sweating profusely like a maniac in nervousness. 

I glared at the clock ticking onwards and onwards, and God I could not stand it any more. I had to something, or nothing at all. I opted for taking a nap, because that was always my go-to to calm my nerves. Without thinking too highly of the consequences, I walked over to my living room and laid myself down along the length of the sofa. Quickly I realized how truly tired I had been from such a long day of responsibilities, so when I shut my eyes they stayed that way as I drifted off into a wonderful dreamland. 

In my sleep I remembered vaguely hearing the sound of the front door opening and closing, but I didn't think too much of it because, well...I was sleeping. Specifically, dreaming about going to a superhero academy with Jonghyun and learning how to bend fire from Prince Zuko. My brain could muster up some pretty weird shirt and I won't go into the details of our lessons...

 

 

Once we had learnt to bend Jonghyun (over a table) my brain started to regain consciousness and I fluttered my eyes open, only to be met with a long smooth neck. As I was still feeling very fuzzy from my nap, I snuggled my nose into the silky skin even more inhaling and deeply taking in the scent of the brisk spring outdoors. 

 

Finally, after a long series of waking up and falling asleep I opened my eyes for good, opening my mouth in a roaring yawn. 

"Look who's finally decided to rise and shine" That familiar voice softly whispered to me. 

"Mmm? Oh Jonghyun, it's you" 

"Yes it's me you were the one who invited me over in the first place, silly" He bopped my nose in completion of the sentence. 

"Oh that's right. I took a nap" 

"Yes I can see that"

"Did you take one too?"

"Yes, you looked like you were having such a good time, I thought I'd join"

I simply nodded, as he shifted his body so our faces were mere inches from each other. 

My gaze naturally went to his follow his big brown orbs as they stare admirably back at me.

“I love you.” He said.

Hmm? What is this? Wasn’t I the one who was supposed to say it? Aish I had just woken up, I couldn’t handle these passionate confessions.

“I was gonna tell you that…” I pouted.

“You know most people just say ‘I love you too’”

“I love you too” I grumbled as he leaned in to give me a chaste kiss.

“Now that that’s establish, let’s go eat. That take out smells delicious”

“Take out? Aish I cooked that with my bare hands!”

“Jinki hyung, you can’t even boil eggs correctly”

“Okay fine, I ordered it. You caught me”

“You were never fooling anybody” He chuckled.

As we were eating the amazingly tasty Chinese food, Jonghyun asked me, “So have you talked with Taemin yet?”

“Yeah”

“…And?”

“I don’t know. He said he’d talk to Minho. I really don’t know what to feel about the whole situation”

“You don’t have to know what to feel. Just listen to what Taemin says and advise him the best you can. I know we both don’t want him to get heart broken, but sometimes it might just be inevitable”

“I really hope not. I hate it when Taemin isn’t all sass and sarcasm. Makes me feel uneasy” I spoke grimly.

“Hey, it’ll be okay Jinki. Taemin is a really strong kid. He’s gonna be fine regardless of what happens”

“Yeah…yeah you’re right he is a strong kid”

A brief silence passed as Jonghyun started feeding me his dinner, to which I obliged because at that moment I was much too tired to raise the chopsticks from my plate to my mouth.

“Jonghyun?”

“Yes baby?”

“When did you fall in love with me?”

He looked at me with a look so endearing I didn’t know how to control the gymnastics my heart was performing.

“I’m not exactly sure. But I remember that time we walked to the furniture store, and we hugged after you told me you were gay. I can only think of that time as being purely loving and innocent and I just felt so pure. Because of you. You made me feel alive after a long time of just living life for the sake of living. After my break up, I thought no one could accept me for who I actually was, well except for you. Because you’re my Jinki and I knew you wouldn’t abandon me for something as superficial as uality. So if I had to pick a moment, I would say then”

After that I couldn’t remember much else of the evening, once my lips were on his and his hands were in my hair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N) Hi sorry the chapter was so short. I'm having a bit of writer's block (please don't punch me haha)