Absolute Adoration

My Lucky Year

 "Jinki hyung, come over here" Jong cooed to me, patting his sweatpant-clad lap invitingly. 

Naturally, I scooted across the length of the long green couch of Jonghyun's living room and swung my legs over his own entangling them together, making the two of us blush bashfully. I felt his thick arm wrap around my shoulder, pulling me closer into his warm body. 

"So what do you wanna watch?" I asked, hoping he’d say he didn't care, because I knew very well that there was a Shrek marathon starting in five minutes that I had my eye on. 

"Jinki, I already know you want to watch Shrek, it's literally circled in green on the calendar in your room" he giggled moving his arm gently across the expanse of my back. 

"...well they're like my favorite movies..." I mumbled twidling my fingers.

"I know, and so we'll watch them. I mean you watched that Disney marathon with me last month, right? It's my turn to return the favor"

"We're in a relationship, you don't owe me favors...I wanna do what we both want..."

"Of course baby, don't worry I want to watch Shrek with you" He smiled kissing my cheek affectionately. 

Thinking it over, I was probably a being a bit too dramatic about our movie choice, but at least Jong didn't seem to mind. 

 

I got up from the couch at the millionth commercial break to make some extra buttery popcorn for the two of us, but it seemed that that wasn't enough to satisfy Jonghyun's cravings as he soon followed me into his kitchen and grabbed the chocolate chips out of the freezer. 

"Popcorn is just salty, we need sweet too!" He cheered popping two of the morsels into his mouth. 

"Quick, Jinki catch!" He exclaimed tossing a chocolate chip in my direction. 

As expected, I failed to catch it, but Jonghyun made up for it when he pranced over to where I was standing in front of the microwave listening to the pops go off. He leaned forward slightly opening his mouth revealing one of the chips resting on his tongue, tilting his head a bit. Although I'm sure to most he looked utterly stupid, I couldn't help but look at him in absolute adoration. I thought to myself that I made a good choice in falling in love with this guy. He really was good for me, wasn't he?

I placed my hand to rest on the back of his head, pulling him in and swiping the chocolate away with my tongue, only to quickly pull back giggling and covering my mouth with my hand to shield my blushing cheeks and chocolately lips. 

Before Jonghyun could respond, the microwave beeped loudly interrupting our shenanigans. 

Jong reached to grab the steaming bag out of the microwave and poured its contents into a huge silver bowl for us to share. 

We made our way back to the comfy couch, cuddling back into our human ball of love. My head rested on his shoulder, with my nose pressed deeply into his neck, because I knew that was where he applied his cologne. I took in his wonderfully fresh scent. I swear this guy could go a whole week without bathing, and I would still find him irresistible. 

"Jinki, quit sniffing my neck your favorite part is coming up" He joked poking at my thighs to get my attention. And I was glad that he did, it really was my favorite scene; when Donkey meets Dragon and they fall in love...Aish this guy made me so mushy gushy I couldn't handle it. 

"Who do you think you are, Dragon or Donkey?" I asked Jong. 

"Me? Oh I'm definitely Dragon" 

"Oh, why's that? I thought I was more like Dragon?"

"You're definitely the funny one in this relationship babe, I just bat my eyes all pretty staring at your beauty"

"Nah that's me, silly. See, look!" I said dramatically batting my eyes and pressing my forehead against his.  

"Hmm maybe we're both Dragon then...just gazing at each other all day. Sounds pretty accurate" He smiled, before kissing me gently, pulling his hand into my own and the top of my hand with his thumb. 

I sighed softly into the kiss, closing my eyes and just relaxing. It felt so nice to not have to worry about messing up and doing something to turn him away. We were at the point in our relationship, when we could easily do things like kiss or cuddle so naturally. I had grown so accustomed to the feeling of his lips pressing against my own, and the way his tender hands caressed my cheeks, my neck, my shoulders, and my legs. 

I reveled in the moment for as long as I could, before I inevitably had to pull away.

We resumed our cuddling as we laid across the couch lengthwise with my body pressed into Jonghyun's chest as he lovingly rubbed my belly from under my thin t-shirt. 

 

One bag of popcorn and about 500 chocolate chips later, Jonghyun gave my ear a light kiss before whispering, "Hey baby?"

"Yeah, Jong?" I asked turning my body to face him. 

Jonghyun looked at me with those loving eyes as he gracefully brushed some hair out of my face, before keeping his hand there to my cheeks. "I wanted to ask you something" he starts. 

"Okay, ask away" I said grinning widely, hoping to comfort him. 

"So, you know a few months ago when we were talking about...um having ?" He asked gingerly as if every word he said was carefully constructed before coming out of his mouth. 

"Yeah" was all I could say, not really knowing where he was going with this. Well okay that was a lie, I had a decent idea where he was going with this...

"I just wanted to ask you if you think you're ready to...you know think about it. Not necessarily jump right to it, but I wanted to know if you've been thinking about it, or if it's like never passed your mind since that conversation months ago" 

Well that was a loaded question. I knew whatever I responded would have my boyfriend contemplating for at least the remainder of the night, if not more. 

I decided to tell him the truth, since that tended to work out most of the time. 

"Umm okay well I've thought about it a little bit, but not too much. I still don't think I'm totally ready but...but I feel a lot more comfortable with the thought of it than I used to" 

"Okay baby, I just wanted to know 'cause it's been on my mind a bit too recently." He smiled looking somewhat relieved but mainly just loving and affectionate. 

After that the two of us decided to take a nap, our arms cradling the other's body, our legs entangled together, and our breaths just barely grazing each other's.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N) Sorry it's been so long I had two weeks of APs followed by a week of six tests *cries* but I have a three day weekend next week and I promise to update!