Hushed Tones

My Lucky Year

Jonghyun and I walked back from school to his house to work some more on the project. It was already Friday and I had to say this week had been pretty amazing. The two of us were working everyday after school and had started becoming more and more comfortable with each other. Jonghyun had started to casually touch me in conversation. It was just simple pats or nudges, but I no longer flinched away from the contact. Yay progress! 

I was hoping that since it was Friday maybe Jonghyun and I could do more than just schoolwork. Possibly just hang out...like friends? God I just wanted to be friends with him. It shouldn't be that difficult of a task right? I'd just gotta relax and not over think things. I was sure we would be friends eventually just with the shear amount of time we spent together. 

We were about to arrive at Jonghyun's house when he asked me, "Hey hyung, I forgot to mention this earlier but my mom wants you to have dinner with us tonight. She wants to catch up with you and stuff. I guess like your mom and I did on Monday. Would that be okay with you?" 

Would that be okay with me? I didn't know...the thought of it was pretty nerve wracking. I mean I was so unbelievably awkward in situations like this, or really just situations in general. I was a pretty boring person anyway, why would his mom even want to talk with me?  Honestly the only thing going on in my life right now is that I was head over heels for her son.  And that was probably not something I should bring up at the dinner table. 

I did want to maximize my Jonghyun time however, so I guess I'd go to the damn dinner. 

"Umm... yeah I can have dinner with you" Was that phrasing bad? It kinda made it sound like I was accepting a dinner date invitation. Now he definitely knew I was into him. Would it be awkward between us now? Not that it wasn't awkward now. Aaaand I was over thinking again. Something I promised myself I wouldn't do. 

I breathed in and out and carefully looked up at him. Naturally he was oblivious to my worries and just said "Great! I'm glad you can" 

When we arrived at his home, we headed up to his room and I sat down at the side of his bed. I knew we weren’t comfortable enough with each other yet for me to lye on his bed, but I desperately wanted to lye where he laid every night and take in his lovely scent that I only got hints of during the day.

I really loved his bedroom. It was fairly simple, but not nearly as plain as mine. It had midnight blue walls and a queen-size bed right in the middle with a striking black comforter. There were also several bookshelves piled with the largest manga collection you've ever seen. I could even see one manga I had given to him for his eighth birthday. It warmed me up a bit that he still had it. I wonder if he'd ever read it. Maybe I'd bring it up later…I definitely wouldn’t.


After a few hours of working, Jonghyun turned to me and asked, “Wanna take a break from the project? ”.

To that, I looked up at him with bright happy eyes and said, “Of course” in a much- too enthusiastic manner.

“What do you wanna do?” he questioned.

And me being my awkward self naturally responded with “umm…I don’t know”. While in my mind of course I was thinking that we should make out.

“Okay let’s just talk then” he said throwing his body back onto his bed and crossing his arms behind his head. He pated the area of space next to him and glanced up at me with a small grin.

I assumed this meant he wanted to go on the bed next to him, but since I was apparently incapable of moving at that moment I mumbled, “Hmmmm?”.

“Come here” he said patting the spot once again.

This time I listened and slowly made my way to the side of the bed. Jonghyun was staring right up at me and I found myself getting lost in his eyes. The intense brown orbs gleamed in the shine of the setting sun. I could even see the slightly blue rims of his contacts surrounding his brown beauties.

I soon caught myself realizing that I was laying down next to Jonghyun on his bed, staring into his eyes and being just a few inches away from his face. Before I moved away, I took in his whole appearance once more.  I saw his slightly tilted head, hair lightly brushing across his face, perfectly shaped eyebrows subtly furrowed. Before I could process what was happening, he raised his hand to my cheek and gently brushed the area under my eye with his thumb. The touch felt so relaxing, I instinctually closed my eyes and focused on the tingles racing around the area. When they finally drifted away I lifted my eyelids and looked up. 

"Sorry...you had an eyelash" he almost whispered. Only with our close contact could I understand his hushed tones. He held up his fingers to my mouth just tempting me to kiss them. "Here make a wish" this time in a full whisper. 

I shut my eyes once again, pursed my lips and sent a gentle flow of air out of my mouth. Moments later I opened my eyes and looked straight into Jonghyun's. We were so close it felt almost...intimate. I could see Jonghyun's face relax as he slowly tilted his head and leaned his face towards my own. With his face so near mine I couldn't help myself from drifting my eyes down and staring at his lips. They were bright pink and had the most flawless arches I'd ever seen. They were plump but not huge like mine. They were ever so slightly chapped and they were leaning right to me.  The gap between us was gradually ceasing and I only did what felt right and leaned towards him. I was sure our lips were millimeters from meeting when the I hear a shout from downstairs "Jonghyun, Jinki dinner is ready". 

 

 

 

 

(A/N) Hey guys I'm back! What did you think of this chapter? I'm not so sure about it, but I posted it anyways. I'd love to hear your feedback. Well have a good night (it's currently 4 am I think im going insane)