Amusement Park

My Lucky Year

It was now the second day of break and Jong and I were in his car headed to...well I wasn't quite sure yet. He'd told me to bring swim trunks and a towel, so I could assume it had something to do with water. 

"Jonghyun, where are we going?"

"Told you, not telling" he stated simply with a pleased grin on his face.

"Why not? You know I don't like secrets" I practically, okay, I flat out whined.

"Aigo it's not a secret, it's a surprise Jinki! You know, like when you threw me that surprise party when I turned 8 and fainted from the shock"

"Aish that was scary. Who knew you were such a scaredy cat? I mean it was just a couple sparklers"

"Well it was unexpected! And I had already been feeling light headed that day"

"Yep...I'm sure...real light-headed"

"Aigo shut up, ya meanie" He chuckled while turning into a parking lot.

I stretched my neck out of the window, trying to make out what the sign at the entrance said.

"And we have arrived at our destination: the amusement park"

"Whoa really? Is it the one we used to have season passes to?"

"It's a pretty small town, babe. Only one amusement park." He grinned leading me to the entryway with his hand resting lightly on my lower back.

I was completely beaming by the time we stepped foot in the park. "I'm not gonna lie Jong, I'm really ing excited right now"  I said while tilting my head up to look at the screaming kids coming down from the highest peak in the ride. 

"I am too, we haven't been here in like at least five years"

"So what're we doing first?"  I asked turning to look at my boyfriend. 

"Waterpark!" He screamed enthusiastically, stripping off his shirt as he did so.

I merely rolled my eyes trying my best not to laugh. "You're ridiculous". 

"I know I am, but so are you" Again another eye roll followed by a chuckle. 

"Hyung, take off your shirt I need to sunscreen you up" Jong exclaimed. 

"But Jong..." I groaned, feeling embarrassed about the whole ordeal.

"Sorry baby you don't have to if you don't want to. I just wanna protect that pretty pale skin of yours" He spoke giving me a small smile. 

"Just do my face for now" I said leaning my head down making a kissy face at him to ease the minimal tension.

He gladly pecked my lips, before squirting some of the white liquid onto his hands followed by him poking dots of it around my face and neck.

Being the silly silly child he was, he giggled like crazy as he rubbed it in saying that I was "already starting to burn" and that I "should leave the house more often" and I mean...he wasn't wrong. I was quite the homebody. I pretty much only left the house to see Jonghyun. 

About thirty minutes later we had made it to the front of the line to the log ride. I personally despised it, but with the way Jong gleamed when he saw it how could I say no? 

And so, I inevitably got a gargantuan splash in the face that no one should ever have to experience, but the picture we got and much to our wallet's dislike paid for was cute as hell. Jongie was waving both of his arms about showing off his underarm hair (I know it was weird but I found it really y) while I was clinging to his shoulder as we both laughed our asses off. 

After a thorough drying off session, we decided to get some fried dough, since that's what we always used to get when we came here as children. As we were waiting in line, I noticed a pair of girls not much younger than me pointing and giggling at someone in my vicinity (definitely Jonghyun). It wasn't that it really shocked me considering the fact that he was still shirtless, insisting that he had to get tanning if he wanted to be a bronzed beauty by July. 

I poked his back several times until he finally turned around to face me, and once his eyes were one me I tilted my head in the direction of the girls hinting to him that he was being stared at, which I hoped was unwanted, however you never knew with this guy. 

"Holy I think they just did the thing where they pretend to take a selfie but really take a picture of me!" He whispered not too quietly to me widening his eyes in detest. 

"What? People do that? That's so creepy"

"Ugh I know right. Hold this I'm gonna put my shirt on" He mumbled handing me his wallet and keys. 

"Good idea" I responded, before sending a not so discreet glare to the pair of girls who thankfully took the hint and started prancing away. 

Once we were seated at a sketchy looking bench eating our fried dough, I told him "You know, people are still gonna check you out". He gave me a confused look raising one of his eyebrows. 

"Babe even if I wasn't gay, I'd get a from you. Your pecs are practically begging to be drooled over with the way their peeking out of your tank like that"

"He doesn't seem to be effected" He said pointing over to an elderly man sitting a few feet away. 

"That's cause he's over 70 and could probably use some " 

Jonghyun just looked at me with the biggest "You're an idiot" face, before bursting out laughing, quickly followed by my own. 

"Okay Jinki, literally no one is looking at me right now, except you."

"Alright for now, but just you wait." I said narrowing my eyes at him in an intimidating way. 

 

Our next stop was the tallest rollercoaster in the whole place. 

"You sure you're tall enough to ride this, babe?" I teased, loving the way he sneered at me before going on his tippy toes to give me a kiss. 

"You sure you aren't too scared? I do recall a certain time in which you cried for your mommy before puking all over the seat"

"Aish I was like five! I don't even know why they let me on that ride" 

"Yeah I'm pretty sure you got the employee in trouble when the manager came over"

"I don't remember that..."

"You were probably too busy cleaning up after the little...accident"

"Aigo so rude!" I scolded jokingly, giving him a light shove. 

 

We finally got into our seats after a much too long waiting line. And then we started climbing. Up and up the impendingly high peak. I made the grave mistake of looking down and seeing the now ant-sized people. 

"Jongie, hold my hand"

"What is someone a little scared?"

"Jongie now! Please" I begged reaching out my hand waiting for its companion. 

Relief washed over me as I felt a tight grip on my hand. "I've got you, Jinki" He cooed right before bellowing out a series of yelps and screams as we accelerated down the track twisting left and right followed quickly by a dark black tunnel. "So this is how I die" I thought to myself squeezing our hands together even more. After a few moments of wondering what hell would be like, we were fortunately returned back to the start of the ride. 

 

"So what do you say, hyung? One more time?" He grinned unbuckling my seatbelt as I was still in too much shock to do so. 

"Come on" he said gently guiding me out of the seat and towards the exit. 

"Did you really hate it?" He asked.

"Hate? No, not hate. I had fun, I just didn't like that tunnel part. That was not for me"

"Yeah I liked the inital fall the best. It was so revitalizing to be going so fast" 

 

 

"Oh look the ferris wheel! What a not initmidating or life-threatening ride! Let's go" I joked, but still pulling my boyfriend in the direction of the ride.

"Good choice hyung, it's sunset now so it'll look really nice when we're at the top" He smiled genuinly to me before linking our hands together once more swinging them pleasantly. 

We sat down in our little cart across from each other. Well, that was before Jonghyun quickly moved over so he was sitting next to me, resting his head on my shoulder. 

I sighed out relaxedly, once my head was resting ontop of his. "This is nice" I smiled. Although I knew he couldn't see it, I was pretty sure he could tell I was. 

"It really is" he replied quitely murmuring, not needing to speak to loudly due to our intimate position. 

The two of us stayed like that tranquilly until we reached the top. 

"Hyung," he spoke raising his head from my shoulder, "kiss me" he said. 

So slowly, I leaned in closing the already minimal distance until my lips were on his. He responded immediately, molding his lips against my own and bringing his hand up to cup my jaw as mine rested on the side of his neck. His tongue gingerly brushed across my lower lip before proceeding to entangle itself with my own slowly and lovingly. 

We both parted naturally after some time, our breaths hitting each other's gracefully. 


"I've always wanted to do that" He whispered, trailing his thumb across my cheek. "This is also something I've wanted to do" He grinned proudly, as he whipped out a big black marker and uncapped it, the strong scent filling the confined space.

"What do you mean?" I asked, wondering what was going on in that silly brain of his. 

"I wanna write our names on the wall. To remind us of this moment"

"Then we can come back the next time we come and add another heart or something..." I suggested, before realizing how cheesy it sounded.

"I like that idea" He smiled cutely. "Here baby you write it, your handwriting is neater than mine" he said handing me the marker. 

And so I did. I inscribed a cute little "Jinki + Jonghyun". 

"Wow, so I guess you just decided your name gets to go first then..." he sighed looking at the ground pouting.

Momentarily, he picked his head up while smiling widely and giggling like crazy. 

I simply smiled, rejoicing in the thought of filling this wall with hearts with the person I love. 

 

(A/N) I hoped you enjoyed the next installment in jonyu's spring break dates :)