Serious Help

My Lucky Year

 

I was still half-asleep when I noticed how warm I felt. It wasn't just the fact  that I wasn't cold, but inside....I just felt really warm. I breathed in heavily and took in a very familiar scent, but I couldn't quite identify it. Then I rubbed my head on my pillow, however I didn't know that last time my pillow felt so smooth. Not to mention it was vibrating.

Ever since I was a kid I had a stupid habit of kissing my pillow every morning. I got kinda lonely in the morning and I liked to pretend I had someone to wake up next to. Of course that's just creepy and sad, but I didn't particularly care because it kept me happy. 

But on that morning I really should have contemplated my actions before pressing a big smooch to my pillow. At that moment, I finally understood that I had just kissed skin. It happened to be Kim Jonghyun's skin. It also happened to be right on top of his y mole. To that, I immediatly jerked back a little to hard and ended up falling off the damn bed. And just to my luck I brought his lamp down with me. I'm always so smooth, aren't I? 

Naturally a big crash ensued and Jonghyun woke right up. 

"What the hell?" he grumbled in a very raspy morning voice. He rushed his fingers through his brown tresses and looked around the room probably looking for the cause of the clamor. 

"Good morning, Jonghyun-ah" I mumbled with an apologetic smile and raised shoulders. 

"Jinki? Why are you on the ground?"

"Because I fell...."

"Well here take my hand" I did and he helped my up and back onto the bed. I couldn't help but notice how soft his hands were, and how rough mine were in comparison. 

I slumped back onto the bed and groaned because my hurt from my fall.

"Are you okay, hyung?" he asked looking down at me with very concerned eyes.

"Yeah I am, but your poor lamp isn't" I said grazing my eyes at the shattered pieces.

"That's okay it didn't work anyway" he chuckled.

"Really? Then why'd you keep it?" I asked grinning up at his beautiful face. 

"I don't know I really liked the way it looked with my room"

"Oh....well I'll buy you a new one! One that looks even better in your room" I chimed trying to make up for my unfortunate clumsiness. 

"Okay I'm gonna take you up on that. Let's go to the furniture store later today, okay?"

"Yes! Yes! I'll buy you five new lamps Jonghyun, I swear"

"Hehe I think one shall suffice. I don't even have enough room for five" he giggled giving me his happy puppy eyes. 

I nodded my head in response and getting a bit lost in the depths of his eyes. I started to think about what would've happened if Jonghyun's mom hadn't interrupted what we were doing yesterday...and how it would have felt...and then I knew I had to leave his house quickly if I didn't want to make an utter fool out of myself. 

"I-ii should go, so my mom doesn't call me and embarrass the out of me..." I mumbled suddenly feeling very awkward in his presence. 

"Oh okay. How about we walk to the store at two. It'll give us time to shower and eat. I'll meet you outside your house alright?" 

I knew it wasn't one, but god damnit this sounded like another date. I'd have to call Taemin later and tell him everything because I needed help if I wanted Jonghyun. And I really wanted him. 

After saying 'see you soon' to him I left his home, and rushed over to my own, because I realized it was already noon and I only had two hours to prepare for our date. 

"Hey Taemin, I need to talk to you" I urgently spoke to him over the phone. 

"Why, Onew hyung what's wrong?" I could hear the concern in his voice. I was glad I had Taemin as a friend, he really cared about me. 

"Nothing is wrong, I guess...it's just I think I have a real chance with Jonghyun" 

"Of course you do Onew"

"Okay but like...we're going on a date in two hours. And I spent the night at his house....and we slept in his bed....and also I think we almost kissed...help me I'm so confused Taemin" and I wasn't lying I really had no idea if I was interepting these things right or if none of it actually meant anything to Jonghyun. 

"OH MY GOD HYUNG how did all of this happen in one day?! I'm so happy for you though. Onew this means he likes you too!" he screamed to me, causing permanent damage to my eardrums. 

"Wait, no this doesn't mean he likes me"

"Well you're going on a date aren't you?"

"Kind of...we're going to buy a lamp together...I guess I'm exaggerating it's not a date at all.."

"Well if you flirt with him, it'll be date. You can flirt right hyung?" he asked like flirting was an easy skill.

"Of course I can't flirt Taemin! No one's ever even liked me before. I have zero experience. Teach me how to flirt!" I was flat out panicking at this point. I had finally processed my lack of experience and my confidence deflated. 

"Don't freak out Onew, it's really not that hard. Just remember to stay natural okay? You don't wanna sound scripted or anything. All you have to do is subtely compliment him. I mean there's more to it but that's pretty much all flirting is. Usually people try to casually touch the other person, but knowing you you'll probably screw that up"

"Hey, a little faith would be nice right now, Taemin"

"Sorry hyung, but c'mon you can be pretty clumsy"

"Ok fine no touching...but compliments? How do you make them subtle?" I agree I was bombarding him with way too many questions, but I couldn't help it. I needed serious help.

"You know, say stuff like 'not as beautiful as you' and like....'you look really cute today' "

"Taemin that's so cheesy"

"Well, I'm not super experienced either hyung"

"Okay you're right. I'm sorry, I'm just really nervous. What should I wear?"

"Something casual but cute"

"Such as?"

"God do I have to do everything?" I knew he was rolling his eyes on the other end.

"Kind of" 

"Just wear a fitted t-shirt under a hoodie, zipped half-way with the sleeves rolled up, a pair of skinny jeans and your converse"

"Whoa that was shockingly specific"

"Hyung, you do realize that's just what I wear everyday?"

"Oh is it? Well it sounds good, I'll wear just that...wait what about my hair? It looks atrocious"

"You're gonna shower right?"

"Well yeah"

"Just wear how you normally do. You don't wanna look too done up or he'll notice"

"Don't I want him to notice? Isn't that the point of dressing nicely?"

"Okay you want Jonghyun to notice, but you want it to look effortless, and not like you talked to your friend for an hour before deciding what to wear"

"Haha okay Taemin"

"Are you good now, Onew? Just relax you've known him for so long and are already comfortable with him if you let yourself be. He probably already likes you anyway from what you told me, so you just need to give him a little push to make the first real move"

"I could make the first move..."

"If you want to go for it, I just don't find that all that realistic"

"Well I'll just try the whole flirting thing today and see how that goes"

"That sounds good. Oh and Onew?"

"Yeah?" 

"Why the hell are you guys going on a date in which you buy a lamp?"

"I broke his lamp this morning" I grumbled embarrassed to admitt this to Taemin.

"Okay I'm not gonna ask"

"Thank you, Taemin-ah"

"No problem. Tell me how your date goes later, okay?"

"Okay I will. Goodbye"

"Bye hyung"

Now all I had to do was remember everything Taemin just told me and do them all at the date. I should've been taking notes. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
(A/N) Hi Im really sorry for the long wait. I'm gonna try super hard to update tomorrow to make it up to you guys. The next chapter will be about their adventure's of lamp buying. And holy I've got 33 subscribers on this! That's pretty awesome to me so thank you to everyone who's still reading this :) please comment I wanna know what you guys are thinking about the story