Unnerving Feelings

My Lucky Year

"Thanks Mom, just give us a few minutes to finish up please" Jonghyun yelled to his mother. 

Then he looked to me and said "I forgot I'm still in my uniform. I'm gonna change, this shirt is way too tight for me. Do you wanna borrow something of mine?" 

"Umm..no that's okay. I don't mind my uniform"  I mumbled back to him with a fastly beating heart. 

"Here just take these okay?" he said as he chucked a white t-shirt and navy sweats to me. 

"A white shirt? It'd be a miracle if this is stain-free by the end of dinner. I've got quite the tendency to spill and stain" I said trying to ease the awkward tension I knew only I felt.  

"That's okay. If you stain it, you can keep it. Actually you can just keep it regardless, I never wear it" 

"Uhhh"

"Just say 'thanks', hyung"

"Okay thanks, hyung" I rolled my eyes at my fail of a joke. Jonghyun nicely let out a soft chuckle. I couldn't tell if he was laughing at the joke itself, or at my stupidity. Both is probably the accurate answer actually. 

"Hmmm I think you should call me hyung more often"

"Why's that? If I remember correctly I'm the older one here"

"True...but I act older"

"You think so?" I asked starting to feel a bit more playful. 

"Yes, definitely" he nodded. 

"May I ask how?" 

"Definitely not"

"Okay then, hyung" I giggled. He gave me the biggest grin, and I giggled even more. 

A moment later he undid his tie and started ing his shirt. I noticed his mole in the center of his collar bone that I'd always been captivated by. It was just so cute and y and so unique to him. He had no other moles that I knew of other than this one, and it just made it all the more special. 

I quickly dashed my eyes towards the ground so I didn't stare at him undress. Because I would pretty much definitely get a and I pretty much definitely did not want that to happen. 

"We should probably hurry up, my mom's waiting" and with that he turned around and slid off his shirt. I could only see from the corner of my eye, because I too turned myself in the opposite direction in my best attempt to not be a major ert. It failed the second I heard his pants hit the ground. I couldn't help it okay? I took a quick glance behind me and I scanned my eyes across his muscular back and made my way down to the oh so y smalls of his back. My eyes went lower and lower as they glazed over his pink plaid boxers down to his toned thighs and strong calves. Light hairs covered his legs just slightly enough to catch them in the sunlight. 

As soon as he moved to pick up a shirt. My eyes darted away and speedily started to change into the clothes he had given me. I ed my shirt in what felt like two seconds with how fast my fingers were working, and slipped off my slacks. I couldn't help from feeling very self conscious as I stood so bare in his presence. I knew he wasn't looking towards me, because why would he? But my heart still beated rapidly and my hands still got a bit sweaty as I bent down to pick up the sweatpants. They were kinda short on me considering the fact that I had a few inches on Jonghyun, but I still enjoyed the fact that I was wearing Kim Jonghyun's sweats. I then slipped on the t-shirt and not so casually inhaled his scent. It smelled like y cologne, but underneath it I could luckily make out his natural scent. That was what I truly loved. It smelled like fresh summer dew and light tingling breezes and happy chirping birds flying high up in the sky. I never wanted to stop breathing in this aroma that was Jonghyun. 

"You ready?" he asked me still with his back turned. 

"Yep. Let's go" 

As we headed downstairs to the kitchen, I noticed that he was wearing a tight black tank top. It revealed his perfect shoulders and of course, his mole. This wasn't going to be distracting at all during dinner. I'd just not look at him at all. Simple enough.

When dinner came, I was not surprised when I couldn't advert my eyes Jonghyun. I did somehow manage to play it fairly cool and actually gave his mother proper eye contact when she spoke to me. She mainly asked very basic questions that you'd get from a dentist or relative, "How's school going? Do you like your teachers? Do you play any sports?". Naturally I answered them like reading a script because...well I kinda was. "School is great, I'm enjoying all of my teachers, and no I do not play any sports". The only question that really rubbed me the wrong way was when she asked, "Do you still want to go to medschool?". A question I get a lot from people who'd known me for a while like Jonghyun's mother had. Pretty much, I always talked about being a doctor when I was a kid, because that was what my parents had raised me to do. It was a fake aspiration that was forced upon me by my parents, and I didn't realize I didn't actually have any interest in becoming a doctor until high school when I discovered my love for music. In particular, the piano. I started taking lessons at school to get more extracurriculars, but ended up taking private lessons outside of class and found I had a real talent for the instrument. I didn't usually like to praise myself, but I definitely took pride in my skill of the piano, even though I'd only been playing for a few years. It wasn't even a hobby anymore,it was a passion. Music was truly what I wanted to study after high school, not medicine. Of course I hadn't told anyone this. I told my parents I only wanted to take private lessons because it would look good on my college applications. I knew that would be the only reason they'd accept. Ever since then, when people ask me about becoming a doctor, I'd just say "Probably, but I'm keeping my options open" which had sufficed for now. At dinner that night, I couldn't help but sigh a little, because I hated the fact that I had to become a doctor. There was nothing wrong with doctors or anything. They were very respectable people. They just weren't me. 

I could sense Jonghyun's eyes on me as I sighed. I hoped he didn't notice anything unusual, but his gaze was on me for long enough to tell that he did. 

After that, the dinner ended pretty soon and I was getting ready to head home when Jonghyun asked me, "Hey do you wanna watch a movie with me? It's a Friday night tradition I have with myself" Whoa a movie....at night...just the two of us.....sounded like a date to desperate ole me. I couldn't reveal this enthusiasm of course. I couldn't be that obvious. 

"Umm... I don't know it might be too dark to walk home after it" You know where I'm going with this Kim Jonghyun...

"You can spend the night right? Or do you have something to do tomorrow morning?" 

"No, I can! I'll text my mom now and tell her I'm staying here" Way to bring up your mom Jinki. Real cool. 

"Really? Great!" He started walking up the stairs and I blindly followed. In seconds we were sitting on his bed giving me unnerving feelings about what occurred here earlier. Jonghyun on the other hand seemed utterly content as he pulled open his laptop. 

"So what do you wanna watch?" he asked not looking up from the laptop. 

"Oh, I thought you already had something in mind" 

"I kind of do...it's a surprise" 

I just nodded my head as he pressed play. 

We both laid back with our heads touching as I saw the credits come up. The movie was 'My Neighbor Totoro' a favorite of mine when we were friends. I made him watch it with me all the time and he never complained being the good friend he was. I hadn't watched in so long I was so excited to watch it again, especially with Jonghyun. 

"Oh my god" I gasped out and grinned widely. Clearly I hadn't gotten over my childhood obsession with this movie. 

Jonghyun turned his head towards me chuckling then sat his head on my shoulder. I unsurely leaned my head on his. It felt blissful. I closed my eyes  and just reveled in the moment. When I opened my eyes again they felt heavy and I realized how tired I was. I slouched back a bit on his bed to get a little more comfy. Then, Jonghyun wrapped his arm around my waist, pressing his body up against mine. I quickly turned my attention to the movie so I didn't get too...caught up in our current positions. 

Soon after I felt Jonghyun's breath steady as he let out gentle rushes of cool air onto my neck. Slowly I too drifted off into serene sleep feeling warm all over. 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N) Heeeelllllooooooo! What'd you think about this chapter? Their relationship is slowly but surely progessing right?! It's only 2 am now I'm so proud of myself! I ended up staying up to SIX THIRTY AM a few days ago idek but it was kinda fun Im not gonna lie. I got to see the sun rise. But now I'm paranoid I've screwed up my sleeping schedule lol hopefully I haven't....anyways have a goodnight you lovely people and thank you so much for reading my story <3