Sentimental Moments

My Lucky Year

"Let's go celebrate our new found feelings" Jonghyun whispered smiling vibrantly into my face. We both had rose dusted cheeks and rapidly beating hearts.

"Celebrate? How?" I was surprised I could make out words with how overwhelmed with emotion I was.

"Hmmmm we should walk to the corner ice cream shop. Just like we used to"

"You remember that?" those little trips to the ice cream shop were sentimental moments I held, so I was glad to know Jonghyun remembered them as well. 

"Of course I do. They were the highlights of my week for all of my childhood" I was even more glad that they actually meant something to him too.

We headed to the old shop hand in hand while swinging our bound hands back in forth. I got lost in the high of everything and how perfectly things seemed to be unraveling. My luck really was flourishing this year, and I decided I would have to go to church more often to show my thanks. Perhaps Jonghyun and I could go together. As a couple. Oh my god were we a couple now? Could I finally call him my boyfriend? 

I concluded that we weren't yet a couple. We would have to go on an official date and have an official kiss before we could become an official couple. 

We arrived to the ice cream shop. I realized that we hadn't spoken at all the entire walk there. We were both in our own worlds, but our worlds collided where our hands met and I knew we could share a connection without the need for conversation. 

Jonghyun was the first to cease the silence, "What do you think I should get?"

"You're kidding right? I do believe you would enjoy two scoops of strawberry ice cream in a waffle cone with rainbow sprinkles and just a few gummy bears" I beamed down at him.

"Whoa you remembered that? I'm a bit impressed I won't lie"

"What? Are you saying you don't remember my order? I'm deeply offended" I dramatically accused him putting my hand on my heart jokingly.

"Oooh slow down there. If I recall correctly you like cookies n' cream in a large cup for you are too clumsy to handle a cone, and your preferred toppings include rainbow sprinkles of course, mini candies, and a cherry." He got it down to the very detail. It made me very happy and giggly and gave me squirmy tummy feelings. 

The two of us ordered our lovely ice creams and sat down on a bench outside, because it was a beautiful day outside with just a bit of a brisk wind. Okay the wind was a bit more than just brisk, and my teeth began to chatter due to the added coldness of the ice cream. 

Jonghyun immediately noticed my discomfort and asked if I wanted to go inside. I shook my head and told him that it was too pretty outside to leave. He asked me to hold his ice cream, to which I welcomed and put a little green gummy bear into my mouth. From the corner of my eyes I could see Jonghyun taking his hoodie off and I wrap it around me. It felt warm and soft, just like him. 

"Thank you, Jjong" I hadn't called him that in so long. The nickname felt so refreshing to use as it made me even more nostalgic of our childhood spent at this very location eating ice cream and sharing laughs. 

He snuck his arm around my waist and pulled me closer so our sides were flushed up next to each other. Gradually, I leaned into his touch and took in his lovely scent and fell into a haze of Jonghyun. 

Jonghyun took my ice cream from me, and put a spoonful in his mouth.

"Hey don't do that, I don't want your germs in my mouth"

He looked to me foxily with a slight smirk upon his face. 

"Is that so?" He tilted his head to the side and looked at me deeply. I realized he was leaning in.

"Yes." I mumbled shortly, not willing myself to say more.

"Are you sure about that?" He replied gently his thumb across my face.

"...I don't know..."  Okay yeah, I was feeling a bit nervous.

"Perhaps you could have my germs for just a second?" he murmured into my ear, “Surely that won’t cause too much harm”.

I nodded my head slowly.

Jonghyun pressed our foreheads together, noses lightly grazing each other. 

"I don't know if you can tell...but I'm talking about giving you a kiss"

"Oh" I spoke despite already understanding his implications.

"Are you ready for that, Jinki?" His voice was much more gentle this time. It felt like clouds floating around me in an atmosphere made of him and only him, and I was completely surrounded by it.

"I am" I muttered my voice weak, but certain. I lightly wrapped my free hand the nape of his neck, only shaking slightly.

He swiftly moved his head up and down, brushing his nose and lips across my own. 

"Okay" he breathed against my lips. He grazed his thumb across the expanse of my cheek once again. It felt very soothing and helped prepare me for what came next.

He lightly released a gentle breeze of air as it trailed across my face. I knew I was doing the same to him because of our closeness. It felt intimate and safe. I felt myself longing for the touch of his lips against mine as I scanned my eyes down to his plump pink pair. 

I watched him gingerly purse his lips, and so I did the same. He slowly leaned in his face to mine diminishing the already close proximity we shared. My hand gripped his neck a bit tighter in anticipation of the contact.

My breathing heaved and my pounding heartbeat raced in my chest. 

Then, I lost consciousness of fluttering heart or my shaking hands as I felt soft velvety lips pressed to my own. They fit together perfectly, and slowly without too much movement they started to mesh together. He caressed his lips upon mine and I brushed my lips in response. He tilted his head at a deeper angle fully pressing his mouth to mine, lightly on my lower lip. 

And with that, he slowly released his lips from mine and retracted his face.

"How was that?" His breath tickled my skin.

"Pathogenic" I whispered with a tender smile. 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N) Hellloooo how'd you like that kiss eh? I googled ice cream flavors and toppings while writing this chapter and now I'm craving the crap out of it but its 4 am so I'll pass, plus I don't have any in my house.... As always your feedback is appreciated :) Thanks for readingggg