Perfect Unison

My Lucky Year

I loved times like these. It was just me and Jjong relaxing and making music. I was on the piano and he had his head rested on my shoulder soothingly singing along to the tune of Sunday Morning. This week we both were pretty busy and hadn't had much time to spend together. That's why we set this Sunday aside to spend together to just enjoy each other's presence. The two of us lightly swayed back and forth, me getting in lost in his voice and him my playing. Slowly  the song came to a rest, but we were still swaying. 

 

"Hyung you smell so good" He crooned his head still on my shoulder.

"I didn't even shower yet, Jjong. I'm still in my pajamas"

"Yeah but that's how I like you to be. In your most natural state. It's when you smell most authentically Jinki" I just smiled and shook my head.

"It's true. I like you just a little bit sweaty. It's y" He mumbled as he nuzzled his nose in the crook of my neck. 

"Yah I'm not sweating"

"It's okay Jinki.  I told you I like it" He inhaled deeply into my neck and hummed in content as he exhaled. He repeated this a few more times until I started talking.

"Did you ever think we would end up together?"

"What do you mean? Like as a kid?" I nodded. 

"I don't really know. I do remember one time in middle school we were playing and I imagined what it would be like to kiss you. It made my heart all fluttery so I made myself stop, but it never really left my mind. Also, I know that when I was a little kid I used to want to marry you. I'm positive of this one, because I guess I use to tell my mom about how much I wanted to marry Jinki-hyung. Even though I didn't really understand what marriage was back then, my mom refuses to let me live it down. She's actually always kinda wished I got together with you."

"Have you told her that we are together, yet?"

"No, I wanted to wait until you told your mom, since my mom might tell her about it."

"Do I have to tell my mom?"

"She might not mind it, Jinki. You should give her the chance"

"Okay but I'm like 90% sure she hates gays"

"Why's that?"

"She's just implied some pretty homophobic things throughout the years. I don't wanna go into the details"

"Don't you think that if it's her son she'd be more accepting?" I didn't say anything.

"I mean she likes me, doesn't she Jinki?"

"Yeah she adores you. Almost as much as I do" I chuckled. Jjong just rolled his eyes.

"Well then she'll possibly accept us"

"I just don't want her to ruin this for us"

"Hey look at me, Jinki." He cupped my face in his hands. "Not your mom, not your dad, not anyone can ruin this for us. You don't need to worry about that. I've stuck with you since birth and I intend to do so much longer into the future. Okay?"

"Okay." I gave him a soft smile. He gave me a soft kiss, pressing his plump lips to my slightly chapped ones. He slowly pulled back, making me miss his warm lips. But he made up for it by resting his forehead against my own and wrapping his arms tightly around my waist pressing my chest to his. 

"We're gonna be good Jinki regardless of your mom. She isn't gonna stop us. Not unless we let her"

"And we're not gonna let her" I whispered.

"No we aren't." This time I was the one to give him a kiss. It was a bit longer than the last one and was slowly getting a bit more heated until I heard someone clearing their throat. Please be Shi Won. Please Please.

 

 

It wasn't. It was my mom. Well I was ed.

"Good Morning, Jonghyun-ah" Her tone...could've been better I won't lie.

"Good Morning Yuri-ssi" He smiled warmly at her probably trying to let his charm do us some good. Unfortunately the Kim Jonghyun brilliant grin wasn't gonna work on my mother. 

"What were you just doing to my son?"

"Umm..." Poor thing my mom wasn't giving him an easy time.

"We were kissing, Umma. Jonghyun is my boyfriend, now."

 

There was some silence. And some wide puppy eyes from Jonghyun. 

"So you are homoual, Jinki-ah" God why did she have to make is sound so sickly. 

"Yes, Umma" Irritation laced throughout my voice.

"I see. And I assume you still want to do this music thing?" She gestured the piano we both sat at.

"That's true"

"Jinki-hyung is a really talented pianist. Have you ever heard him play?" Gosh Jjong I wanted him to shut up but continue at the same time. 

"Yes, Jonghyun I know he is good. But not good enough to make it a career"

"He has the talent to make it a career. He will be successful I know it"

"Okay Jonghyun, but you can't know that"

"Well I disagree" I poked Jonghyun in the back so he knew to not progress. I knew it wasn't his fault or anything, I just didn't want a big fight to break out. 

"Umma, you're just going to have to accept me, because I'm not changing who I am to please you"

"Is this really who you want to be, Jinki? How can you be so sure at such a young age?"

"I'm sure. If I fail in the future I won't blame it on you, and it won't be your fault"

"But I can't have you fail, Jinki you're my son"

"I won't be failing if I'm happy. And I will be happy if I'm with Jonghyun and making music" To that, Jonghyun turned to look me in the eyes that were slightly glossy. He'd always been a bit of a crybaby, which I absolutely adored. 

"Fine, Jinki"

"What?" The two of us said in perfect unison. 

"I'll let you do what you want. I'm not a position to change you." Okay so it wasn't exactly acceptance more like....indifference? I guess I'd take it. 

"Thank you, Umma"

"Yes , thank you" Jjong smiled. 

"I'm going to go out for a bit" She said taking her keys and going out the door.

 

 

 

"Went better than I thought"

"I think she'll warm up to the idea more with time. I mean we did kinda hit her with a lot of new information"

"She better not go back on her word" I said.

"I doubt she will. She seems like a woman who sticks to what she says."

"I think you're right. Hope so at least"

"What did I say before, Jinki?"

"We're gonna be good?"

"That's right hyung. We are" he grinned and pulled me in for a kiss. That kiss grew into a passionate makeout session, only to be ended by my sister's loud giggling, before she yelled "You two, cut it out this isn't your dungeon" to which we gave her 'Wtf' eyes and started laughing. Once she left we once again resumed our kissing, because just like Jonghyun said no one could ruin us. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N) Hello how'd you like this chapter? Are you guys glad about his mom's reaction?? Please comment and lemme know :)