Glowing Crescent

My Lucky Year

I was getting ready for school, when I looked in the mirror to be faced by my doom. I had two dark red hickeys spread out nicely on the side of my neck, and damn did they stand out. I had to do something about this. Quickly I stepped into my sister's bedroom and looked at all the makeup spread out wildly on her dresser. What the was all this stuff? I knew the basics: mascara, lipstick eyeliner, concealer, but what the living was "Pore-Free Flawless Brightening Face Primer"? Without getting too caught up in all the products I found the concealer and hastily plopped some one my neck.

"Jinki, what the heck are you doing?" Shi Won asked. Woops, apparently she was still in her bed.

"Ummmm.... trying to look nice?" Yep. I'd been caught. This was going to go over well.

"You want...your neck to look nice…? Oh my gosh do you have a hickey?"

"What? No, gosh you no I don't get those"

"Oh really...then what would happen if I just took this makeup remover and..."

"Okay! Okay fine yeah I have two hickeys." This wasn't awkward at all.

"Whoa two?! From who? Have I met them?"

"Yeah, you've met them"

"It's Jonghyun isn't it" she said blatantly crossing her arms. Like it was obvious.  Which it so wasn't. I kept my crushes very discreet.

"...how did you know...Wait! Have you seen us…?" Please say no. Please say no. I do not need my big sister watching in on my intimate moments with my....special person.

"No, I haven't seen you gosh I'm not that creepy. I wouldn't spy on my little brother. Just listen in on his very loud phone calls with his best friend in which he shares every little detail about his love life. I can't help it. We have very thin walls." , I'd have to remind myself to speak quieter from now on. 

"So you know everything" I sighed in defeat.

"Yep. Sure do. Now let me blend that for you it looks atrociously unnatural." 

 

 

 

Later at school Jonghyun and I were walking through the hallways to English. 

"Hey, Jinki?" 

"Yeah?"

"Why are two certain marks missing from your pretty pretty neck?"

"Ummmm...what?" I muttered out. Did he actually notice? 

"I gave you hickeys...and now there gone. I wanted you to show them off silently as we walked through school" he pouted adorably jutting out his lower lip.

"I..I...show them off?"

"Yeah, you know be like 'Hey what's up? You see that y guy next to me? Yeah, he put these here' "

"....right.." Yeah I was down right perplexed.

"You know I wanna give you some more on our date tonight"

"Really?" I perked up. This was exciting news.

"Definitely. You've got a lovely neck" he says tracing his fingers down its length. I had to hold back a shiver. 

"Oh....okay.." Thank you, I know I have a way with words. 

"I'm gonna pick you up at eight tonight, okay?"

"Okay..."

"You can stay the night at my house if you want..."

"What?"

"No, not like . Just like the other day when we watched Totoro together. It was peaceful. I liked it a lot. You know, other than the fact that you broke my favorite lamp.

"Okay."

"Gosh Jinki, do you have any other words than okay?" Jjong rolled his eyes.

"Yyy-ess" I stuttered out "I can stay the night. I'd rather be at your house than mine at the moment"

"Any progress with your mom?"

"Nope, but she'll bring it up soon. I can sense it" 

"Alright I just hope she accepts you"

"Same here, Jjong"

He slung his arm around my shoulders in a comforting gesture

"I think she'll come around Jinki hyung. She loves you"

"I hope you're right"

 

 

7:46 came along quicker than I imagined, and my twenty minute power nap ended up being....four hours long. I only woke up in the first place was because Taemin called me after I wasn't responding to any of his texts about my date. Oh right. I had a freaking date! I had less than fifteen minutes to get ready and holy my face was so oily from my nap. Gosh  why did sleeping always have to make me so greasy? I quickly dashed to the bathroom and washed the living hell out of my face. I looked up at my reflection. Okay face was looking less disgusting, but hair on the other hand...it needed some work. But I did not have the time to style it so I settled for quickly finger combing it and throwing on a beanie. Wait no, I look creepy in beanies I totally couldn't pull off the skater look. I yanked the hat off which only messed up my hair even more, so beanie it was. I put on some semi casual clothes, or at least what I thought was semi casual- a polo and skinny jeans? That's what Taemin said to do when he responded to my frantic texts asking: What the am I gonna do Tae???! Im so screeeewed :/ I have nooooo time and Jonghyun's going to kill me if I keep him waitingggggggg. I got a bit dramatic when I texted. What can I say, I was nervous as hell. 

7:59 came and I could see Jonghyun walking to my house from the window. He looked so hot and I could barely even see his face. I took a last minute look in the mirror and decided to not wear the damn beanie because skater plus polo preppy boy didn't mix. The front door dinged and I opened it up to find a very nicely dressed Kim Jonghyun standing in the doorway. He was wearing a white button down with the sleeves rolled up and some black slacks. For God's sake the guy was biting his bottom lip and scratching the back of his neck. What a douche. But he was one fine lookin douche. 

"You look good" He said smirking and eyeing me up and down. I suddenly felt a bit self-conscious and my cheeks in as a nervous habit.

"Thanks. You too" I mumbled out. Oh man, was I really blushing? Already? I had no willpower when it came to resisting the blush. 

"Okay, let's go then" he grinned widely taking my hand in his. 

"Where exactly are we going on this lovely evening?"  

"Just follow me hyung" he sing -songed in a cute voice.

We walked for a bit down the sidewalk lightly swinging our clasped hands. 

"Jjong, look it's a crescent moon" I knew they were his favorite. He always used to make me stargaze with him when there was one out. We used to lay down in his backyard with a few blankets and just take in the sight of the night sky. 

"You know why I like them so much?" Jonghyun enquired.

"No, you've never told me before"

"It's because they remind me of your eyes. The thing I like about eyes is that they show a variety of emotion: sorrow, guilt, jealousy, joy. And when your eyes show joy they turn into little mesmerizing crescent moons that I can never seem to look away from.  So every time I see a crescent in the sky I think of you.”

I smiled so hard and then realized my eyes were doing the thing, and then tried to stop smiling, but I just couldn't. 

"Hey look there they are now" he giggled looking towards me. "They're one in the same" he said pointing from my eyes to the moon. Too cheesy this guy.

I covered my face with my hands so he couldn't keep giving me that burning gaze. 

"Jinki don't hide" he took my hands in his own and intertwined our fingers. The burning gaze returned and this time it was ten times more intense and also ten times closer to my own face. The gap thinned until our lips met for a soft kiss. 

"Hyung look we're here" he whispered turning his head to the left. I looked in the direction to find a local coffee shop I had gone to a few times when I had been craving some chai. They made really warming chai.

"Oh. They make nice chai here" I stammered.

"Hehe I know. You ordered it here that day I saw you” he beamed. "You know, the day I fell for you" he dramatically dropped his voice an octave. I think it was meant to be funny, but it just made me hot honestly. 

"Stalker." I snorted trying to sound like I wasn't a little hard at the moment. 

"Yah, it's not like I followed you here, okay? You just happened to show up looking all cute and cuddely" he said wrapping his arm around my waist. 

We ordered our drinks. Both of us ended up getting chai, but two different flavors. Mine was apple and his vanilla. 

"Wanna sip, he offered. Or are you still afraid of all my menacing germs?" he teased.

"I mean one sip can't hurt" I snatched it away from him, as he took mine. 

"Mmmm yours is good" he hummed. 

"So is yours" I smiled as we exchanged the teas back. We looked at each other in the eye, "Switch?" I asked, and he nodded adorably as he took apple chai back. 

"Anything else on the itinerary tonight?" I pondered out loud figuring there was more planned than getting chai at our now special cafe.

"Yep. One more thing" we had just arrived at his house. "Just wait here real quick" he spoke handing me his drink. 

A minute later he came back with two sweatshirts and a bundle of blankets. "Here put this on it's gonna get a bit chilly soon" he said handing me a big red sweatshirt, to which I pulled on over my shirt and kinda not so discreetly smelled the breezy cool Jonghyun scent I adored so much. 

"You totally just sniffed it" he sneered.

"I did. Just to confirm that it smelled like dog "

"Yeah, great comeback there Jinki" he smirked even more.

"Now tell me, what do I smell like?"

"Hmm" I dug my nose into his shoulder "You smell like cheap cologne, with undertones of a cool summer breeze"

"I feel like you just read that from customer review on amazon"

"No it's true. It reminds me of morning dew and fresh pollen. You're kinda a y flower I guess"

"Did you just call me a flower boy?" he chuckled.

"Maybe.” We set the blankets down and then laid on top of them. 

"What do I smell like then?" I beamed. 

"Lemme think" he snuggled much closer to me and even wrapped his arm around my middle making me very conscious of that area. 

"You smell like warm sugar but also a bit spicy. Like cinnamon and nutmeg. The sweet spices. The ones you just wanna burry your nose in" and so he buried his nose into the crook of my neck. 

"Makes sense I guess. I eat a lot of sweets" I softly laughed. I picked up my drink and brought it too my lips, before realizing how gravity worked and had chai spilling all over me. 

"Oohh Jinki, are you okay? Did it burn you?" he worried sweeping his hands across my face to get it off.

"No it didn't burn me it's cooled off by now. Sorry about your sweatshirt..." It was sorta drenched in tea. "On the bright side it'll smell like vanilla now" 

"Not nice Jinki vanilla though, processed coffee shop vanilla" he pouted. So cute.

"It's okay though I don't mind. Here take it off I'll go get you a new one, I've got loads" and then he was off practically sprinting into his house like this was some dire emergency. I'd like to see how he acted in a real crisis. 

Soon we were back to lying down and looking up at the wondrous night sky. 

"Hey, I think you still have some chai on your neck" he murmured moving closer. 

"I don't think so...."

"No you do. You have some right here" he muttered his tongue lightly on my neck. "You know what I said about hickeys earlier?"

"Uh huh"

"Can I?" he spoke softy. I felt his gentle breath across my neck.

"Okay" again with me and the okay's. 

He brushed his tender lips on one little spot of my neck. He placed a few more chaste kisses on the same area, before he started to ever so lightly. My heart was speeding up and hands were getting a bit clammy unfortunately, since a moment later he connected his hand with mine. His tongue began dancing along the spot making the area even more sensitive. Now he was nipping at the red mark to which I released a deep sigh. Jonghyun retracted his head and placed it on my stomach, "Just one for now" he spoke softly making it barely audible.

We looked up at the striking black night marked by its sparkling lights and glowing crescent. It reminded me of my face and how I had been marked with little stars all across my sky. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N) Helllloo I think I might've actually liked this chapter hbu? Sorry I didn't update yesterday but i wasn't happy with what i had done so i added a bunch more lol Also thank u sooo much for 52 subscribers that's awesome!!!! Bye Bye ;)