Chapter 2

As Time Passes

Here is the second chapter! I hope you enjoy this one too! Infinite will not appear in this chapter but there will be some soo hyun x suzy! (i know she's with min ho...but....still can't stop shipping hyunzy ._.)

“Okay, so you want me to contact Woolim Entertainment and ask them if Infinite can come?” The doctor says to me, his face a little confused. “Wow, Ji Eun, I didn’t know you were this into kpop,” He grins, thinking that I had discovered my passion or something. “I’ll ask the foundation, and I’ll tell you when they’ll come, okay? Wait eagerly and recover well!” He walks out the door, cheerfully whistling a tune. Guess I had made his day or something. Laying back onto the bed, I smile when I think of Suzy’s smiling face. She would be ecstatic when seeing Infinite. This would be like a dream come true for her. Turning to my side, I take my computer from the table and open it on my stomach. Logging in, I type in Infinite on the Google search. I didn’t really know who they were, just that Suzy was in love of them. Looking at the pictures, I somewhat snort at the clothes. Wah, that’s really…different. But I guess they’re Korean so maybe that’s why. As English was my mother language, I didn’t understand their songs at all, but Suzy was born in Korea and had been raised there before coming to the states to get better treatment. Well, they weren’t so bad. At least it wasn’t One Direction or something. I so think that those people are gay. And that’s just weird.

Closing the lid, I place the computer back on the table, looking back up at the bland white ceiling. I hope they would come quickly, Infinite. Suzy would love them. And if she was happy, I was happy too.


“Are they coming?” I ask the doctor first thing in the morning, my eyes darting to meet his. He smiles hesitantly, nodding. “Of course, I’ve contacted the foundation and they promised to have them here by the end of this week!” He grins at me, thinking that I would be overflowing in joy. Well, inside I was. “Cool,” I say nonchalantly, placing a foot down beside the bed again. Would I make it to the window today? Steadily, I shift my weight to my feet, wavering slightly as I stand up.

“Ji Eun! Don’t try! You’re going to fall!” The doctor tries to run around the bed but it’s too late. I take a step, and –

Thump.

Ow.

That actually did hurt more than usual. Sighing I wait for the doctor to help me up, not meeting his worried gaze. “Why do you try to hurt yourself? Be patient, and I assure that you will be able to walk in no time,” the doctor smiles caringly and I hesitantly look up with glassy eyes, the throbbing in my head starting to fade.

“Okay,” I whisper quietly, feeling my heart rate go up. Though I would never admit it out loud, the doctor was really kind. He probably was the second most important person to me. Yet, I don’t even know his name. Being kind of forgetful, he never carried his name tag around. Actually, he didn’t look like a doctor at all. He was tall, had broad shoulders, light brown hair, sparkling hazel eyes, and a warm smile. It was no wonder that all the nurses giggled when they walked by him. Yet, I never had enough courage to ask him his name.

“Remember to come at 1, Ji Eun. I still didn’t inform your parents, but the hospital will make me soon,” The doctor sighs at me, ruffling my hair. “I know it’s not fun, but the longer you stay away, the longer you stay here,” He clears his throat, turning and walking out the door quickly. I watch as his figure leaves, crumbling back into my bed. What should I do today? Taking out my computer, I log onto my email, wondering if Suzy was online. I stare at the screen, willing for her name to turn green.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I turn to look at my door, hurriedly closing my computer. “Who is it?” I ask curiously, since nobody really knocks on my door. All the nurses just walked in, and…well, I wasn’t one to have many friends who visited me.

“Ello,” A bright face comes in, and I recognize the visitor. Kim Soo Hyun. Why was he here?

“Hey,” I say with a glum face, not interested in seeing him.

“That’s all? You should be honored that I, Kim Soo Hyun, has come to see you, my dear,” He flamboyantly walks into the room, and I raise my eyebrows.

“Oh, so you got the prosthetic,” I say, an upturn in my voice. I was genuinely happy for his recovery, since we had been entered into the hospital around the same time. For a few weeks, we even shared a room together.  

“Yup, I finished my PT a few days ago and I’ve come to visit all of y’all,” He grins sitting next to my bed. “I heard you also got quite a surprise, hmm?” He says with a knowing look.

I smile a little bit. “Yeah, though I just did what Suzy would like. I asked for Infinite to come,” The moment I say the word Suzy, Soo Hyun's face lights up. Everybody knew he had a crazy crush on her, but nobody really said anything. And I knew Suzy didn’t mind. She might even like him back, for all I know.

“Ah, really? Wow, that’s really nice of you,” Soo Hyun smiles genuinely at me, and I wave my hand while shaking my head.

“No, she should get all the wishes in the world for how great and wonderful she is,” I smile softly, thinking of Suzy’s radiant smile when I had told her the news.

“Yeah…” Soo Hyun agrees, and we sit there for a moment, just being in awe.

“Anyways, shall we grab her and go eat lunch?” I nod toward the door, feeling hungry.

“Sounds great. Oh, do you need help getting in?” Soo Hyun looks towards the wheelchair, and for a moment, I could see repulsion in his eyes. Of course he would never want to touch that chair ever again.

“No, it’s fine. Just give me a moment,” I move my feet to the side of the bed, leaning and grabbing the handle of the chair. As quickly as I can, I get myself into the chair and adjust my shirt. “Okay, let’s go,” I say with a quick smile, wheeling towards the door with Soo Hyun behind me.

Knocking on Suzy’s door, Soo Hyun and I wait outside until her voice answers. As Soo Hyun wheels me in, Suzy’s eyes light up. “Have you heard about the kpop group?” Her face shows her eagerness and I shake my head lightly. “Not yet, but I’m sure they’ll come soon.”

“Of course, yeah...” She grins and looks at Soo Hyun. “Ah, hey! I heard about your surgery! So glad it went well, do you feel fine now?” Suzy glances at his leg for a moment, not a waver in her voice at all. Sometimes it amazes me how her voice is so steady.

“Yeah, it feels amazing,” Soo Hyun beams, “Ah, Ji Eun and I were pretty hungry so we were wondering if you wanted to go eat lunch?” His voice shakes slightly, obviously nervous from her constant eye contact.

Humming, Suzy thinks for a moment. “That should be fine, I don’t think the doctor’s going to visit me anytime soon,” Smiling, she starts get ready to get out of the bed, which is quite a complicated process. I move the wheelchair at a better angle for her to get in. Struggling, she tries to move herself but sighs. “I think I’ll need the doctor to help me,” I nudge Soo Hyun, raising my eyebrows. I mouth the words ‘help her’ to him.

“Is it…okay if I try?” Soo Hyun asks Suzy, walking forward a bit.

Looking up, Suzy nods slightly, a little surprised. “Yeah…though I don’t want you to hurt yourself…”

“It’s fine,” He responds, bending down to pick her up in his arms and gently place her down in the wheelchair.

Mumbling a thank you, Suzy smiles to herself and I grin at the two of them. How cute.

“Um…actually…I think I need to go to my PT right now. I just remembered…So, how about the two of you go have lunch? Since you’re already in the chair and all,” I say innocently, seeing Soo Hyun's eyes widen.

“You sure, Unnie? Weren’t you hungry?” Suzy worriedly takes my hand, and I smile softly. “Ani, it’s okay. I think the doctor will get upset though if I don’t get there soon, have fun!” And with that, I wheel out, looking back to say bye to Soo Hyun.