Chapter 18

As Time Passes

anyeong~ first off: THANK YOU FOR 50 SUBS! i feel so happy hehe ;3 Maybe I'll put in a random chapter where ji eun and myungsoo have a date and all...like one of those special eps...this chapter focused a bit on hyukstal a bit as i wanted to introduce that and a little cliche scene as well as i'm sorta lazy right now and can't think of any better stuff xD as always, i hope you enjoy the chapter and please continue to read, comment, and subscribe! luff you <333

 

Myungsoo POV

I freeze when Yonghwa says her name, not wanting to believe it. He was one of my closest friends. I wanted to support him, but Ji Eun was mine. I loved her.

"I need to go," I say suddenly, my expression vague and clouded. Yonghwa looks at me curiously and starts to talk but I just walk away, needing to find Ji Eun. She had dated Yonghwa? Why hadn't she told me? Was this why she was so hesitant to start a relationship with me? I let out a breath as I reach outside, kicking the trash can in front of me. Where was Ji Eun? I needed to see her right now.


Krystal POV

I smirk, watching as Myungsoo leaves Yonghwa with an expressionless face. So now another competitor had entered the field. It was strange, seeing Myungsoo act in a way he had never shown me before. During My Lovable Girl, he was basically my only friend on set. When I had gotten frustrated about my acting, it was Myungsoo that was able to make me calm and rational. Was it only...was it only me that thought our friendship had something more? I clench my fist, pulling my fingers in then loosening.  It was so unfair, though. All these guys fawning over Ji Eun. She had only been here for a few months, but everybody was complimenting her, praising her like she was a goddess. Myungsoo- he liked her. I bite my lip angrily, continuing to watch when somebody comes up to tap me on the shoulder.

“Soo Jung!” The cheerful and familiar voice lifts my lips as I turn around.

“Min Hyuk,” I say with a small laugh, hugging him automatically. It had been so long since I had seen him, though we texted often.

“Good to see you...How’s the trainee life? It must be hard since you have to go through it once again,” He gives me a knowing look and I sigh.

“So annoying. I’m not sure why they made me go through it...Anyways, how are you? Sometimes I wish we were in a drama together again. Heirs was so much fun,” I say with a soft smile, remembering all the laughs and memories.

"Yeah, though I'd only do it if I was a couple with you again," Minhyuk says out of nowhere and I punch his shoulder. He was always so playful, but I guess that was just his personality. When I first met him, I thought he was shy and introverted but Minhyuk definitely proved me wrong there.

"Minhyuk!" Yonghwa comes now, grinning.

"Ah, hyung! Member dinner tonight so we came to pick you up," Minhyuk grins at Yonghwa, showing the keys. “Ready to go?”
“Yeah…” Yonghwa turns to look at me, “Ah, Krystal, nice to see you. Would love to talk but,” He gestures to Minhyuk and I wave my hand.

“Oh, no, it’s fine..enjoy it!” I say with another smile, though I was sort of sad to see them leave. There was nobody really around, so I guess I would be eating dinner by myself tonight.

Minhyuk waves bye as well as Yonghwa, turning around to leave. I too turn around, slowly walking out the doors where I would reach my empty dorm where I would eat a salad as I was on a diet. And...I’d be alone. Sometimes, my life felt so meaningless. All this hard work..would I make it to the top? And even if I did...would I be happy? My face is glum as I leave the company and I start to hear faint calls of my name from somewhere.

“Soo Jung! Soo Jung!” Turning around, I widen my eyes to see Minhyuk running down the hall, chasing after me.

“Hey..?” I say curiously, wondering what had happened.

“You looked unhappy,” Minhyuk says honestly, “and I wanted to ask if you wanted to join our dinner,” He says in between pants, laying his hands on his knees.

I process his invitation for a while, somewhat confused. Nobody had ever reached out their hand to me before like this.

“Umm..is that okay with the other members? I don’t want to intrude if it’s just a private dinner or something,” I say hesitantly, looking down.

“No, no! They’re totally fine...in fact, they want you to come. You should join,” Minhyuk looks eagerly at me and I can’t help but to accept. Nodding shyly, I smile while running my hands through my hair, happy that I wouldn’t be alone tonight. It was about time I enjoyed being with other people.


Taking out my umbrella as it was raining outside, I wave bye to Infinite as they drop me off at my dorm. It had turned out to be such an awesome day, thanks to them. Though the day started bad with not getting the MV position and seeing Krystal with Myungsoo, Infinite had cheered me up and helped to clear away some of the stress and anxiety. Humming, I approach the doors of my building, stopping shortly when somebody comes up behind me, wrapping their arms around my chest. My heart rapidly speeds up as I can feel his breath over my head, and the warmth coming from him was extremely hot.

“Where were you? I didn’t know so I waited out here,” Myungsoo says softly and I widen my eyes. It had been pouring a few hours ago and his hands were so cold.

I turn around, looking at his pale face. “Yah! Are you okay?” Placing my hand on his face, I immediately know the answer. Myungsoo was definitely sick. He gazes at me softly as I try to get my arm over his shoulder to help him up to my room. Jiyeon wasn’t here tonight, so Myungsoo could sleep on my bed. I manage to get him inside and in the elevator in no time and soon enough, he’s in my dorm.

“Okay, let’s lie down now,” I say to Myungsoo and he mumbles a few words that I don’t catch. He crawls onto my mattress slowly and I pull the covers over.

“It’s so hot,” Myungsoo says softly with a frown and I bite my lip.

“Just go to sleep, hmm? You’ll feel better,” I say cheerfully while checking his temperature with the thermometer. Yup, a fever.

As he closes his eyes, I get up and look at my surroundings, wondering what I should do first. I wet a few towels, placing one on Myungsoo’s head. I start to go to the kitchen when he starts groaning and I immediately return to his side.

“Myungsoo? Myungsoo! Are you okay?” I say worriedly but he keeps his eyes closed. I lean in to hear, and I hear him say a name.

“Do Yeon...Why are you here?” He says over and over and I crinkle my eyebrows. Who was she? I shake my head, wanting to clear assumptions that were starting to form. If only Krystal hadn’t said those suspicious words. I go back to the kitchen, taking out some medicine as well as making some soup. I was pretty decent at cooking, and I had enjoyed it when I was in middle school. I finish quickly and pour the soup in a bowl, adding a spoon and bringing it to the bed.

“Myungsoo...wake up,” I tap his shoulder lightly, and he blinks a few times before looking at me.

“Do Yeon?” He says with furrowed eyebrows and I shake my head.

“No, it’s Ji Eun. Now drink this medicine and soup, okay? It will make you get better,” I give him a spoonful of medicine which he downs quickly, coughing a bit afterwards. I feed him the rest of the soup as he gazes at me, still a bit of confusion in his eyes. I knew that high fevers make one hallucinate at times but it was still the first time I had seen it happen.

Myungsoo finishes the bowl of soup finally and I wipe his mouth carefully with a napkin while smiling. It was nice, taking care of him like this - even if he didn’t quite remember who I was.

I start to take the dishes back to the kitchen when Myungsoo grabs my wrist.

“Where are you going?” He says urgently and I turn my head.

“Just back to the kitchen, it’s okay,” I try to comfort him but he still holds on tight.
“No...stay with me, “ Myungsoo whines with puppy eyes and I relent.

“If you say so,” My lips curl into a smile, happy that he wanted me to be with him. He continues to look at me, not satisfied.

“What do you want me to do?” I say after a while, noticing that he was restless.

“I can’t fall asleep…” Myungsoo says softly. He then holds up the covers. “Sleep with me,” He says demandingly and I widen my eyes. The normal Myungsoo would never say this. Yet here he was, pouting and inviting me to sleep next to him. Was this a dream? For some reason, I move towards the bed, and unconsciously I find myself next to him, Myungsoo. He wraps his arms around me, pulling my head to his chest as I curl up happily next to him. Though it was probable I would catch his cold, I didn’t care. Just being next to Myungsoo made every problem go away. All I could think about was how close I was right now to him, how our bodies were touching each other. I close my eyes, feeling warm and happy.


Myungsoo Pov

I blink, my eyelids fluttering as the bright light shines through the window. Where was I? Yawning, I look down to see Ji Eun curled up next to me, her face angelic. I move subtly in order for her not to wake up, smiling at her sleeping face. Though I still didn’t know why the situation was like this, it’d be nice to make it last as long as it could. I check my phone, seeing it was already nine. I browse a little on the web, becoming bored. I look back at Ji Eun’s face, her eyebrows now furrowed. Should we have some fun? I lean closer, placing my fingertips on , then pulling away. She suddenly opens her eyes, looking at me with surprise.

“Morning,” I say with a relaxed smile. Ji Eun watches me, blinking a few times.

“What did you do? I felt something…” She says cautiously, trying to figure out whether I kissed her or not.

“What do you think I did?” I raise an eyebrow. Ji Eun responds with a scrunched face, annoyed.

“how should I know? I was sleeping,” She responds exasperated and I laugh.

“Well, good to know you’re all better now…” Ji Eun relaxes her face, relieved that I wasn’t sick anymore.

“Yeah, did you take care of me well?” I say, moving my hand to adjust some hairs near her face.

Ji Eun nods, distracted my fingers. “Of course I did...though why did you co-” She suddenly sneezes hard, turning away so that she could get a tissue.

I look at her worriedly, sighing. “Why did you come sleep with me? I must’ve made you sick,” I frown as Ji Eun blows her nose.

“What do you mean why I slept with you...You’re the one that was all: I can’t sleep so come in here with me,” Ji Eun imitates a little kid voice and I scoff.

“I said that?” I say skeptically and she nods.

“Yeah, it was strange to see you so childish,” Ji Eun says nonchalantly while I bite my lip. I had never known I was like that while sick.

“Anyways, now it’s my turn to take care you, okay? Get comfortable in the bed while I get some soup out of the pot,” I start to to get my feet out of the bed but Ji Eun stops me.

“No, I’ll be fine...let’s just stay together like this for now…” She says gently and I look at her. Was it just me, or was Ji Eun different than normal?

“Okay…” I say with a small smile, moving back to get inside the covers. Ji Eun closes her eyes, resting her head against my chest as I lean back on the pillow. It was nice, somewhat to just be alone with Ji Eun. It had been a while since we had just a calm moment like this. I look to the side where the chair was, suddenly remembering something from last night.


 

“Do Yeon?”
“No, it’s Ji Eun... “


 

I adjust my head to look at Ji Eun’s sleeping face, suddenly worried. What had I said last night?