Chapter 6

As Time Passes

anyeong ~ Here is chapter 6 (a bit longer but I thought it was pretty interesting) and I hope you enjoy >.< Please continue to comment and subscribe because it means so much. I'm open to any comments and advice you have  (including grammar, plot, character, anything!) so please continue to read ^^ Luff you guys <3

 

I hear noises somewhat near me, and I struggle to open my eyes. Ah, they were so heavy. Fluttering open my eyelids, I look around. Dr. Hunter was near the door, murmuring to the nurse some things. I stare at him, watching the way his face showed different expressions and his long fingers scribbling things down. I glance at his left hand, seeing that there was nothing on it. Somehow, that made me happy.

 

What?

 

I blnk, surprised at myself. That thought had come out of nowhere. Turning to my other side, I pull the blankets over me again, the noise of the sheets alerting the others that I was awake. Dr. Hunter comes over, and I reluctantly draw the sheets back, showing him up to my eyes.

 

“Ji Eun! How are you feeling? I was so worried…” His eyes look sympathetic and I softly smile under the sheets.

“It’s okay...I’m fine..” I say almost in a whisper, looking away. “What happened though?” I quickly ask, wondering what I had done. All I remember was the nausea, dizziness, and ringing.

Dr. Hunter sighs, “It’s partly my fault. We had left you alone since you were so..affected by Suzy’s passing...but that resulted in a low blood sugar adding in the mental stress that you already had...I’m sure you were exhausted as well which resulted in you falling unconscious.”
I nod, biting my lip. Suzy...My eyes glaze up and I swallow, trying not to cry again. I pull the covers over my head, calming myself.

“Do you need to ask me anything else?”

“No...I’ll catch up on you later, okay? And…-”

“Ji Eun! Surprise!”

 

I hear another voice entered the room and sit up, curiously looking at the door. Infinite was there, bearing a gift basket in their hands. All of them come towards the bed, Dr. Hunter scooting out of the way with an amused expression.

“Ji Eun...are you okay? We were so worried,” One of them looks sympathetically at me and I widen my eyes at how girlish his face was. If he put on a wig and dress, he’d be prettier than most girls.

“Yah, Sungjong, we rehearsed this. Don’t just start speaking,” Another boy pushes the first one on the shoulder lightly and I slightly move farther away on my bed.

“Anyways, Ji Eun...We’re so sorry if we added to your stress, we really didn’t mean to. Will you forgive us?” A third member comes near and hands a basket full of goodies to me. I take it with wide eyes, still not quite sure of what was going on. They all get in a horizontal line, bowing slightly.

Dr. Hunter comes back, starting to speak, “Ah, Ji Eun...I forgot to tell you, but Myungsoo over here helped catch you when you fell. If not for him, you might’ve had a concussion or worse,” He places his hand on the shoulder of one of the guys on the end and we have eye contact for a brief second.

Before I look away.

Clearing my throat, I thank him, “Ah, thanks….M-myungsoo,” I stutter a bit, feeling awkward.

I watch as the guy who had given me the gift basket whispers to Dr. Hunter, both of them lighting up with smiles.

“Also, another surprise,” Dr. Hunter starts and I brace myself for something weird, knowing him. “Infinite, will become your nurses for today!” He says with a grin and my mouth literally drops.

 

Mwoh?

 

“Yayyyy!” All of the members break out into a celebration, except for Myungsoo and another one next to him.

I stare skeptically at the group, then focus back to Dr. Hunter. “You’re leaving me in the care of these people?” I rephrase what he said, trying to grasp my mind.

“Is..that even allowed?” I ask with an eyebrow raised.

Dr. Hunter shrugs. “It’ll be fine..and I’ll join you guys sometime today,” He smiles then nods at Nurse Rhodes, my usual nurse. “It’d be good if you were able to walk around and help our new nurses today as well. What does Ji Eun usually do in the morning?”

“Ah..” She looks down on her clipboard, “She takes a shower every morning around this time.”

The Infinite nurses change to a bewildered expression. “Ah..okay, come on Ji Eun, let’s go!” They start to walk out, expecting me to follow.

“Yah!” I yell, making them walk backwards into the room. “I’m not able to walk that far, so help me into the wheelchair,” I sigh with an annoyed expression, swinging my legs to the side of the bed.

One of the guys rushes towards me, Sungjong behind him. “Sorry, sorry,” He brings the wheelchair towards me and I grab the handle, mustering my strength as I move from the bed to the chair. The guys somewhat stare at me, wondering how they could help. I shake my head, trying not to smirk at their cluelessness. Wheeling towards the drawers, I take my bath items and goes towards the door when somebody behind me starts to wheel me. I look around, seeing one of the members there.

“Shall we go?” He says with a gentle smile and I turn back around, somewhat surprised at his thoughtfulness. It was hard to wheel myself 24/ 7 and I had blisters on my hand from it.

Guiding Infinite to the bathrooms, I start to go in when I realize they’re still following me.

“Why...are you going into the women’s bathroom?” I say confused, staring at them wide-eyed.

“Ah...don’t you need help...showering?” One of them says, also wide-eyed.

I...need help showering? Starting to laugh, I realize why they were so awkward all this time. “Wah, you really thought that? No, I just needed somebody to make sure I go in and come out...you don’t need to help me with the process though,” I get the words out through more chuckles, Infinite just standing there stunned. Even Myungsoo was just staring blankly. I shake my head, smiling at all of them. They were so clueless. “Anyways, I won’t be long so just stay there, okay?” I chuckle again, wheeling myself into the bathroom again and starting the water quickly.

I manage to take off my hospital gown quickly before the water gets too hot and put in my shampoo. Humming a tune, I brush my hair out, raising my eyes at the length. I usually get it cut when it reaches my shoulder. Maybe I should grow it out this time. I rinse out my hair, turning around to get the soap when I see a huge spider on the hinge of the shower door. Widening my eyes, I scream loudly and take my brush, cringing in the corner as I watch it move around. I continue to scream, wanting someone to kill it.

All of a sudden, Myungsoo barges into the room, and I hear his voice, “Ji Eun! Did you scream? What’s wrong?” He stops outside my door, obviously wondering whether he should go in.

“There’s a spider…” I whine, my fear revealing itself in my voice. He sighs outside, maybe thinking that it was only a minor problem. I watch as the spider moves towards me and I move away, screaming again. “The spider! It’s going all around the walls,” I let out a deep breath, feeling terrified.

“Okay, I’m coming in, so turn off the water,” Myungsoo says loudly, waiting a few seconds before he comes in. I barely put on a towel as he pushes through the door, inspecting the walls for the spider. When he sees it, he slams on the wall, just barely missing it. I watch as it comes nearer to me and widen my eyes.

“Myungsoo, get it! It’s coming!” I yell, scurrying away. He grimaces, his ears were probably hurting from my high pitch voice, and hits the wall with my brush.

“Ah...got it.” He says simply and my fear fades.

I let out a deep breath, feeling relief. “Thanks…” I breath out, avoiding eye contact. He rubs his neck, looking away.

“No problem...um...I’ll wait outside for you,” Myungsoo turns away and goes out, my eyes following his footsteps. Feeling my cheeks get red, I quickly turn on the water, glancing at the walls one more time to make sure there were no bugs. All clear. Finishing my shower quickly, I get out and quickly change. Some days I actually did wear normal clothes. The hospital allowed that for patients who had to stay for a long time.

Coming out, I see that Infinite was still there and pick out Myungsoo from the group. He was scrolling on his phone. Looking up, he makes eye contact with me before both of us look away. Ah, this is going to be awkward.

The rest of the members, not noticing anything, crowd around and start to push me back to the room. “While you were showering, all of us except Myungsoo tried some of the hospital food and it was horrible! How do you survive?” Sungjong asks as we arrive back at the room and I go back into the bed.

“Oh, here’s a good snack shop across the street that I sometimes get my doctor to go for me. They have normal food...and ramen…” Exactly as I expected, the guys ooh and ahh the mention of ramen. Who didn’t love that comfort food?

“How about we’ll get snacks and Sungjong will stay here with you?” One of the guys says, the others brightening up.

Sungjong nods and I shrug. Whatever was fine I guess. As long as I wasn’t alone with Myungsoo.

The others leave as Sungjong sits crosslegged on my bed. “Are you okay…?” He asks sincerely and I raise my eyebrows.

“About…?”

“Oh..well actually, we know. About..you know…how…” Sungjong bites his lip, “you’re going to...pass...soon..?”

“What?!”