Chapter 21

As Time Passes

anyeong ~ ! Hope all of you wonderfluff readers are doing well! school starts tomorrow T-T anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter as i don't know what i just wrote i had to wake up early today to get used to how early i would wake up for school and it's so early gahhhh  anyways, ( i use that word a lot lol) i know it's a cliche-ish chapter but ya know, gotta write some drama in there huhu xD i hope you continue to read, comment, and subscribe as it means really so much to me :) luff you readers <3

 

 

I flop onto the couch in the waiting room, exhausted. It had been such a long day with the getting ready, performing, meeting fans, signing autographs...I hadn’t eaten much either besides the surprise cake. I hear a knock on the door and expectantly look towards it, wondering who was there. First, a huge bouquet comes, followed by a few stuffed animals. The bearer is a post office worker, so I sign the receipt and he leaves. I look suspiciously at the bouquet, finally approaching it and seeing a card. Taking it out, I read the note:

You looked beautiful...can I make you mine?

Who..sent this? There was no name, and the writing was all typed out. I tilt my head, wondering if it was from somebody I knew. Still...those words…

Another knock on the door jolts me, and I see it’s just Yonghwa.

“Ah, hey,” I say, trying to calm myself. He looks strangely at the room, raising his eyes at the stuffed animals and bouquet.

“Well, somebody outdid himself,” He says with a chuckle and I weakly smile.

“yeah...Though I don’t know who…”

“A fan?”

“Maybe…” I go back to my couch as Yonghwa inspects the flowers.

“What’s this?” Yonghwa finds the card as well, furrowing his eyebrows. “Ji Eun...this definitely is weird...you should tell your manager about this,” He says worriedly.
I wave my hand, dismissing his comment. “Nah, it’s not that big to tell my manager..he’ll get all worked up by it,” I say, inspecting my fingernails to make sure they were clean.

Yonghwa frowns, still looking at the card. “Just make sure you’re with somebody at all times, okay? Don’t be alone,” He says with a protective tone that I shrug off.

“Yeah, yeah..now go away, you’re making me annoyed,” I say with a look and he backs off with a grin.

“Okay...by the way, happy birthday,” He says with a charming smile that I can feel the flutters reacting to.

I chuckle when he leaves, still a bit wary of the bouquet and gifts. I leave it in the room, still not thinking much and exiting my waiting room to meet up with my manager at the lobby. As soon as I walk out of my room, I hear a murmuring of voices and briskly walk away, not wanting to be approached. Those voices were familiar, and I knew Infinite was coming to see me. Yet, I felt embarrassed of myself...Of my music, of my showcase. They were on a level so much higher than me, yet they had had come to my showcase and watched my performance. Why would they do that? I hear their confused voices as I walk away, lowering my head while finding my manager.

“Let’s go,” I say quickly, and we get in the car to drive away.


The next morning, I receive another gift: A box that had a beautiful dress inside of it. Another card was on top of it.

‘Please wear this...You’ll look stunning in it,” I shrug, putting it on before going to the mirror. With how tight fitting and short it was, it was a bit different from my usual look but whatever. I should make the owner happy, hm? If he/she went to such length to do all this for me. Choosing a bag, I check the news as my manager drives me to the company, seeing a few articles about my showcase. Most of them were positive, which made me happy. Already, my fan site was buzzing with news about Infinite’s surprise appearance. I bite my lip, trying to hold back my excited smile. I was getting one step closer to the plan Krystal had shared with me...Slowly, I would reach it.


For the rest of the week, I continue to receive random gifts, and by the end of the week my room is flooded with perfume, flowers, clothes, stuffed animals, etc. Jiyeon looks at me suspiciously, walking through the room to examine these things.

“You still don’t know who sent these things?”

“No..It’s pretty nice though,” I say, trying something with my hair in the mirror. I  don’t tell her about the cards I had received, each one having gotten more and more...well, creepier. The last one had talked about me appearing in a dream the sender had.

I sigh, gathering my stuff to take my leave. “I’m gonna go to get some food, let’s have a party, hmm?” I say with a quick smile, leaving before Jiyeon can say no. I quickly walk down, seeing how dark it is outside. I shrug, not really caring as the convenience store was only a few blocks down. Besides, there were street lamps.


Jiyeon POV

I sigh as Ji Eun leaves, a small smile on my lips though. It had been a while since we actually talked, as she had been so busy. At times I envied how lucky she was, yet Ji Eun was so sweet and nice to me that it was hard to hate her. I try to clean up the mess of stuff in our room, my expression curious when I see a stack of cards at the bottom of the basket that a few stuffed animals were in. I open a few, reading them quickly before becoming anxious. These cards...they definitely weren’t from an admirer. This person sounded more like a stalker. I quickly stand up, knowing that Ji Eun was alone right now. “Ugh..” I grab my phone, calling her a few times but no answer. I see her phone on the bed and sigh. “Ji Eun! Why…” I run out the door, not seeing her anywhere. Where had she gone? Quickly, I look in Ji Eun’s contacts, seeing Myungsoo’s number. He lived near the company, right? Maybe Infinite could help.

The phone rings, finally a tired voice on the other end.

“Ji Eun?”

“Hi...this is her friend, Ji Yeon…” I say softly, suddenly feeling shy.

There’s silence on the other end and I’m afraid he’s going to hang up.

“Wait! Um...so Ji Eun has been receiving gifts for a few days...no not just for a few days...for this whole week she’s gotten a lot of weird gifts and I just found out about these cards she’s gotten. I’m pretty sure this isn’t a fan but a stalker and I’m really worried as she’s out alone right now and I’m trying to find her but…” My emotions are too much and I start to choke, really scared that Ji Eun was in danger.

“Okay, we’re coming,” I hear his short answer then the line cut off. I almost drop down, my knees feeling weak.

C’mon, Jiyeon, don’t just sit there pitiful. Do something! My mind thinks and I start to run to the convenience store, yelling Ji Eun’s name as loud as I can. A few minutes later I hear somebody calling my name and whirl around, seeing Myungsoo and a few others from Infinite. Well, not a few others...all of them had ran here as soon as they could.

“Have you seen her?” I can hear Myungsoo’s desperate voice and shake my head with a worried face, sighing.

“I don’t know what to do...I should’ve gone with her but she just left, if she’s gone I don’t know what to do, I just,” I bite my lip, feeling my eyes glaze over.

“It’s okay, it’s okay,” I feel Sunggyu patting me on the shoulder with a comforting smile, ruffling my hair. “We’ll find her, don’t worry,” He gives me a reassuring expression, making me nod and feel a bit better.

I look back at the rest of Infinite, seeing them running down the street to search already.

“Well, shall we ask around?” Sunggyu says confidently and I smile, following him as he goes into the convenience store.


Ji Eun POV

I’m on my way to the convenience store, humming as I keep my head low. Rushing out so quickly, I had forgotten to put on a mask or cap to cover my face. I’m walking on the sidewalk when I hear steps behind me...click, click, click, click. The repeated sound makes my guard go up, and I start going faster. The clicks go faster as well. I can’t turn back, but I was almost at the convenience store. I’m about to cross the street when suddenly hands cover my mouth, pulling my body away from the street crossing and into a parking garage closeby. As he was covering my eyes, I couldn’t see a thing but next thing I know I’m in a stairwell. There’s two men opposite me, both of them quite fat with dark shaded glasses. They both wear pleased grins, rubbing their hands together as I move my body closer to the wall. These people, they couldn’t be trying to…

One of them starts to approach me, leaning down to caress my cheek. “Ji Eun-sshi,” He says sugar sweetly while I widen my eyes, turning my face so he couldn’t touch it. The man doesn’t stop, bending down and gripping my chin so he could see my face.

“Ah, so cute,” I struggle to get out of his grip, my expression a grimace as I look away. The other man comes now, holding me down so I can’t move.

“What should we do now, hyung?” One of them says to the other.

“Hmm...shall we just play a little then leave? We can even take some pictures as well,” The other responds, chuckling.

I try to get up and leave as they’re talking but they push me down, my back on the floor as my head hits the cement. Ow...it reminded me of when I was in the hospital and would fall trying to get to the window.

While I’m thinking the other advances on me, moving my hair away. I try to move him with my hands but the other holds me down again, grabbing my hands and not letting them move. The one on top of me starts to rip my dress open, and I can see him salivating as my skin is exposed. These creeps. I reverse my body, getting my hands out of the grip so I could hold the clothing close to my chest against the floor, my back to the erts.

They slowly advance again, step by step as I curl up as tight as I can, not wanting them to come. My eyes are wide as my anxiety levels slowly start to climb upwards, making it hard for me to breathe. They grab my arms, pulling me upwards and slap my face, disgusted.

“Yah, did we tell you to move? I don’t thinks so, not stay still!” One of them says, smiling when he sees my exposed flesh again.

“Alright, get me the camera, this’ll make a good photo,” The other one starts to go to where his bag is, and I close my eyes as the man in front of me places  his hand on my waist his breath right in front of me.

I can feel his face coming towards mine and I turn my cheek to the side, only for his hands to grasp my cheeks, pushing them together as he tries to kiss me.

“Go away!” I yell, my hands shaking as I can feel his lips almost on mine. Wasn’t there anyone to help me? Mom...Dad...Unnie...where were you….

 

Myungsoo….help me……


 

All of a sudden, another person hugs me, pulling my body towards them for warmth. I stay still in shock, my eyes opening automatically to see who was there. Myungsoo...He gives me a quick tender smile before turning away to look at the other two men.

“You bastards,” Myungsoo says in a deep growl, punching the both of them hard as they cower a bit, sliding down onto the floor with a kneeling position. I bite my lips, wanting to cry. I slide down the wall, my body shaking as I press my knees to my chest close together, wanting to become invisible.

“Ji Eun..” Somebody finally says, and I can recognize Myungsoo’s husky voice. I open my eyes as he wraps his jacket around me, giving me something to cover myself in. I stand up, still averting my eyes. This just had to be the way we reunited after three months. All of a sudden, Myungsoo pulls me into an embrace, his hands cradling the back of my head carefully. I wrap my arms around his waist, trying to calm my fears. As we both pull away, I see the Infinite members reach the stairwell with Jiyeon, a few police officers behind them. Myungsoo gives me a cap to disguise myself and I lower my head, trying not speak.

The officers take the two men outside, apologizing for all the trouble we had before Jiyeon almost knocks the breath out of me, hugging me so tight that I have to ask her to lighten a little.

“God, I was so worried, Ji Eun...don’t do that next time,” I can see her red eyes and smile reassuringly, patting her back.

The Infinite members hug me as well one by one as I see their worried faces start to relax. All these people, they had searched so much for me...Yet what could I do for them…

“Well, you should go rest,” Myungsoo smiles gently at me, and I nod, following Jiyeon back to the dorm as the Infinite members stay behind us, making sure nobody else would bother me.

Both of us are about to go inside when Myungsoo grabs my hand, the other Infinite members suddenly turning away to give us privacy.

“Myungsoo…” I mumble, still not able to look him in the eye.

“I missed you so much,” He says with another hug, his strong arms making me feel protected, loved.

“Me too,” I whisper with a small smile, my face buried in his shirt.

“Do you want to go to the movies this weekend? There’s a really small cinema around here that nobody goes to,” Myungsoo asks, pulling away from the hug so he could see my face.

I barely nod, a small blush starting to form on my cheeks. It had been so long, I sort of felt like we were strangers again. Still, it was nice.

I smile, knowing that my feelings were as strong as ever for Myungsoo...maybe even more with the time we spent apart.

I loved him.