Chapter 24

As Time Passes

Myungsoo softly brings his lips onto mine, his hand gently curving around my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck slowly, both of us closing our eyes. It was a sweet, deep kiss that was energizing me and helping me to feel comforted. After a few moments, we break away and Myungsoo continues to rub my back, smiling kindly.

“Ji Eun, you’ll be fine, okay? You have your fans, you have your family, you have Jiyeon, you have Infinite, and….you have me,” He brings my hand to his lips, kissing the tips of my fingers as my tears decrease and my hiccups stop.

“Ah..is it okay to come back in now?” The doctor asks from outside the door and my eyes go wide automatically, pulling my hand away from Myungsoo. He keeps it in his grasp though, nodding to Dr. Kim.

“Yes, that’s fine. Is there anything else to talk about?”

“Ah...we were going to ask if you wanted to stay here for your treatment rather than go out as it seems like you’re quite famous. It might be a bit hard for you to become better if there are lots of people around you. If you’re in the hospital, then I believe your time in treatment would be faster and more efficient,”

I glance at Myungsoo, wondering what he thought. He nods a few times and I take that as a sign of affirmation.

“Yes please, doctor. That’s very kind of you...but people I want to come can still visit me, am I right?” I ask and Dr. Kim grins.

“Of course, yes people like Myungsoo, your family, and close friends can definitely visit you.”

“Ah, okay…”

“Shall we go to your room then?”


I lay back on the hospital bed as I skim through my messages, wondering who to reply to first. Myungsoo had gone out the building to buy some food for the two of us. I stop as I see a missed call from the CEO and quickly hit the call back button. My mind is full of worries as the call is dialed. He probably knew about our relationship now...Was he mad? Would he ask us to stop the relationship? Would Myungsoo be kicked out the company? I start to sigh but quickly halt it as I hear a voice on the other line saying hello.

“Ah, Mr. Lee, this is IU or Lee Ji Eun,” I say politely, sitting straight up.

“Ji Eun...yes, how are you feeling? I just heard back from the hospital and they told me about the situation,” He responds with a cordial voice. It was hard to detect his feelings from the voice.

“Ah…” I pause, not sure what to say.

“Well, it is very unfortunate this had to happen. It seems that we will have to delay promotions. I’ll post a formal notice about it later today. As for your relationship with Myungsoo, we’ve already confirmed with him that it is true. I’m not sure where all these sources leaked from, but now there are multiple evidences of you guys together. It would be impossible to try to deny the facts. For me, I already knew about your relationship since the day you walked in. It was quite clear Myungsoo’s affections towards you. If you would like to update your SNS about anything regarding the situation, I think it would help to draw the public’s sympathy towards you. However, please do not say anything specific of your whereabouts. Ah, I have to get going to a meeting. I’ll visit you some time, Ji Eun, but do rest well,” He ends hurriedly, obviously in a rush. I manage to say my goodbye before the line cuts and it’s silence again.

“Interesting,” I mumble, looking up when Myungsoo comes in.

“Chicken!” He says with an excited face that matches mine, holding up a plastic bag.  

“Yes! You’re the best,” I say with a grin, able to smell the aroma from the box.

“Did you talk to the director? I got an email from him,” Myungsoo asks while taking the bag off of the box, setting up a table between his chair and the bed.

“Yeah, I just talked to him. He said that my promotions would be delayed, which was sort of obvious. He also said that he confirmed our relationship...and told me to post something on SNS to make my fans happy,” I summarize the conversation, shoving a piece of chicken into my mouth.

“Mmmm” My face relaxes into a content smile, my taste buds alive with happiness.

“Good?” Myungsoo asks and I nod fervently.

I continue to eat and Myungsoo picks up the last conversation, “Okay, shall we take a picture then?” He asks and I shrug. I watch as he rummages in his backpack for his camera, pulling it out successfully as I wipe my hands on a napkin. Myungsoo extends his hand out to take a selca with the camera and I lean into his shoulder instinctively. As the camera clicks, he places a quick peck on my cheek, making me raise my eyebrows the slightest inch.

“Yah,” I say with a light nudge, my voice full of annoyance but sort of happy inside. I watch closely as the picture comes up on the screen and smile.

“Well...I have to say it’s pretty cute,” I say with a smug look on my face, Myungsoo nodding beside me.

“Yeah, let’s both upload it onto our SNS...though we can both have a different caption, hm?” He says and I agree. The next few minutes we’re both on our phones, typing sentences then asking the other for their opinion. Eventually, mine goes like this:

 

Anyeong, Uaena fans!

I hope you’ve been healthy, and maybe you know this or not but I’m currently in the hospital >.< There was a small accident, but hopefully I’ll recover soon! I also know this is a big surprise, but I hope you will support me and Myungsoo-oppa! I wish I could’ve revealed this in a bigger way, but some things just cannot go your way, hm? Anyways, stay in good health! I love you keke <3

 

I read it over a few times before finally posting it, seeing the number of likes explode on the picture. Comments immediately come in, some joyful some...not so joyful. I eventually turn off my phone, looking over Myungsoo’s shoulder.

“Did you post it yet?” I ask and he nods, showing me the post.

 

Inspirit...you’ve been healthy, yes? There is some news that has already been revealed but I wanted to tell you in my own way. A year ago, I met Ji Eunnie in the hospital, and quickly became close. We started dating only a month ago, so I hope you will encourage and support our relationship. I know it’s a lot to ask, but I trust that you guys will be happy for us? I regret the revealing happening this way, but there’s a reason for everything, no? Anyways, Inspirits you’re the best :)

 

I also watch as the comments roll in, more negative than mine. Wah, he really was popular.

“Don’t look,” Myungsoo says softly and I relent back to my bed, sighing gently.

“It just had to be told sooner or later I guess…” Myungsoo takes my hand, and I look over at him smiling.

“Yeah...but I wish it could’ve lasted just a bit longer. Just a bit…”

 

“It’ll be alright,” His voice cooes me and Myungsoo starts singing a lullaby, slowly lulling me to sleep…

 

Even if there were obstacles, hurdles in the way of our relationship, we still were together. And we would be in the future. Through pain, through joy, through hurt, through love...it would only be able to be overcome if we stood our ground and trusted the other.

 

Before I feel myself losing consciousness, I squeeze open my eyes to glance at Myungsoo’s angelic face.


 

“Saranghae, Myungsoo.”

 

 


Hiya! I've been...well, gone for a long time T-T I hope you enjoy this update as I've slowly put together this chapter over the last month. I think this will be the last one for awhile, as I really have no definite idea of where I want this to end. For now, though, this is the end and maybe I'll add a few special scenes in as the days go by hehe! I can't just leave this story xD Alrighty, well if you have any oneshot stories you want to happen message or leave a comment and I'll be happy to add anything in. Even if they're different characters, I honestly write better when somebody tells me a plot gah xD I hope you all are happy and healthy and not too disappointed with my ehhh writing but please do read and comment <3 Luff you readers :)