Chapter 9

As Time Passes

anyeong ~ another day, another chapter hehe sorry this one is a bit later but it's a bit longer as well, I think. Big things coming up! I also might not be able to update daily this week as I'll be on vacation :P Anyways, pleasee continue to read, subscribe, and comment! All of your words help me to become even more determined to write >.< I luff you <3

 

She runs to me, a big fake smile plastered onto her face.

“Ji Eun!” My sister yells out, hugging me tightly.

“Unnie…” I mumble, sitting still as she continues to hold me. I was still in shock. What was she doing here...and why was she here with Dr. Hunter? She steps back, grabbing onto his arm warmly.

“You know him, right? We’re dating now,” She crinkles her eyes, smiling happily at Dr. Hunter, who grins back.

 

Wait, what?

 

They’re dating?

 

My sister...and Dr. Hunter...are dating?

 

Widening my eyes, I don’t know what to do. The right thing would be to congratulate them. Yet, I couldn’t do it. Nothing inside of myself cheered them on at all.

 

Na Yeon continues on, “Sorry we didn’t tell you earlier...We met when you were admitted into the hospital, so actually it’s all thanks to you that we’re together!” She giggles lightly, now holding hands with her...boyfriend.

I try to smile, “Ah...well...I have to say, this is...surprising…” Trailing off, I look around, biting my lips. Fortunately, Infinite’s there.

“Who’s this, Ji Eun?” They ask me curiously, looking at my sister while she also looks interested at the group.

“Infinite, this is is my sister, Lee Na Yeon. Unnie, this is Infinite…” I say quickly, still in mindshock.

They both chit chat a little bit, Na Yeon asking me a few questions while I just remain silent. We weren’t super close. When both of us were young, Na Yeon had been so friendly and nice, yet as we got older, she drifted away. More important than family was her social life, friends, and..love. With her charming personality and good looks, Na Yeon had brought home guys on multiple occasions. None of them worked out though. However, this time it had to be Dr. Hunter who she set her eyes on. Of course, the one person whom I cared about.

All of a sudden, I feel my chair going straight and I look up to see Dr. Hunter moving me.

“Infinite and your sister are going to go ride some of the coasters. I’m not one for them so I’ll stay with you,” He smiles kindly and all of a sudden I feel bad complaining about his relationship with my sister. It was their lives, not mine.

I softly smile back, taking a deep breath. “That...honestly shocked me. I would’ve never expected my sister and you..to be dating,” I crack a smile, looking down.

Dr. Hunter starts to speak but I continue on, “I’m not against it or anything...Just, it’s just…”

I close my eyes, “I like you. Not in a brother-sister, friendship type of way...Just as Dr. Hunter, I like you,” I bite my lip while turning my head to look at him, wondering why I was confessing. He widens his eyes. I guess it was his turn to be shocked.

“I know it’s unfair to tell you this now, but I just needed to tell you that. Anyways...yeah…” I let out my breath, not realizing I had been holding it in. Dr. Hunter stays quiet for a while, and the whole minute of silence is a tense one.

“Ji Eun..” He starts and I know I’m going to cry. “I feel so honored that I’ve received your friendship, and your love. I wish I were able to reciprocate it, but Ji Eun, I’m still so proud of you and all that you’ve accomplished. I know that you’re such a sweet, lovely girl inside and, again, I’m honored to know you,” Dr. Hunter says softly, hugging me as he finishes speaking. A few tears drop down, no more than that and I break away from the hug, chuckling to make it not awkward.

“Well, you shouldn’t hug me too much or Na Yeon might get jealous,” I joke, trying to lighten the atmosphere. I hear a noise behind me and turn around, seeing no one there. Ah, maybe I was just hearing things.


Myungsoo POV

I decide to go with Infinite and try out some of the roller coasters. As soon as I get to the first one though, I duck out. Heights...were not my thing. So drop towers were definitely out. Since I didn’t want to be alone, I decide to go back to where Dr. Hunter and Ji Eun were, hopefully getting company from them. I start to say hi when I see Ji Eun tearing up. Was everything okay? I quickly take a seat on the bench behind the two of them, placing my cap lower so it would cover more of my face. I listen to their conversation, feeling slightly sinful that I was eavesdropping. Ah, so she liked Dr. Hunter. Well, I somewhat could tell that from the way she brightened up whenever he was near her to when they were hugging each other when Ji Eun was crying. I had...somewhat felt jealous of how close they were. However, knowing that Dr. Hunter was in a relationship somewhat comforted me. For what reason? That...I didn’t want to know. As Dr. Hunter stops speaking, I stand up, deciding to not listen any further. At least I knew that I had a chance with Ji Eun. Wait…...what was I thinking? What was that thought just then? That I...had a chance with Ji Eun? that’s crazy...How could I like her so quickly? I shake my head, trying to let that thought disappear. Did I like her? If so, since when? When she fell into my arms? When she started smiling? When she...It doesn’t matter. All I know is that I love her, Ji Eun. She had...become someone precious to me.


Dr. Hunter and I wait for Infinite to come back and see them soon enough.

“It was so much fun! You should’ve come!” They all say, laughing and talking about how high it was, when it dropped….I look around, not seeing Myungsoo.

“Where’s Myungsoo?” I ask curiously, looking at Sunggyu.

He also looks around, shrugging. “I don’t know...he left after seeing the first ride so I’m not sure, really…”

“Achoo!” I look to see Myungsoo entering the group. “Sorry, I just left to get some tissues,” He smiles.

“Oh! Let’s go on that!” Na Yeon points upwards to the Ferris Wheel and all of our eyes brighten. The view was stunning.

“Yes! I want to go on that!” Sung Jong says excitedly, jumping up and down.

I chuckle as we all go together, waiting in line before our group becomes first. Sunggyu and Woohyun go in, then Sung Jong and Sung Yeol, then Hoya and Dongwoo, Dr. Hunter and Na Yeol, and finally Myungsoo (he was wheeling me) and me as the last duo. Fortunately, I was feeling strong enough to walk up the ramp to go inside the carriage. As the doors close, I immediately look over at the window, being in awe at how gradually the crowds of people were becoming smaller and smaller. I glance back at Myungsoo who was peacefully looking over as well, taking a few snapshots with his camera. He turns to look at me, smiling and pointing his lens at me before the expression on his face changes. A confused, somewhat angry face comes and I realize he's not looking at me but something behind me. I turn to look when he grabs my hand, pulling my body to his tightly in a hug

"My-Myungsoo?" I stutter, my heart starting to beat faster and faster.

“Just stay this way,” He says softly, and I relax into his arms. I know what he was trying to protect me from, though. I had already seen them kissing and being cuddly as I turned to look at the view. Still, it was comforting that Myungsoo was trying to let me not see it. I’m not sure how he knew of my feelings for Dr. Hunter, but...I didn’t really care.

He lets go after a while, coughing as he looks away. I fidget with my fingers, not sure of what to say.

Suddenly, I hear a loud pop, and look up to see fireworks lighting up the sky. Wah, it was beautiful. My eyes shine as more fireworks come up, spreading out into a million of glittering lights.  

As the fireworks end, our ride comes to an end as well and we both get out. The rest of the group is there already and all of us decide to go get some ice cream. Myungsoo continues to wheel me, though I tell him several times that it’s okay to go hang out with the rest of the guys. He also buys me ice cream, which is sweet. As we’re eating our dessert, he starts speaking, “Want to go look around? It might be nice to eat outside.”

“Sure, if you want to...I don’t really care,” I smile, taking a napkin to wipe my face. I see that he has some on his cheek and lean over. “Ah, you have some right here,” I use my thumb to swiftly wipe off some chocolate and sit back down. My face turns red and I quickly look away to try to calm myself down. Ah, why was I so fluttery today?

We decide to go outside and I point to some of the game booths. “Let’s do them!” I say excitedly, wanting to get one of those huge stuffed animals. He chuckles at my childlike voice and patiently wheels me over, paying for the game. It was a shooting game in which you had to point the gun in order to hit over the glass bottle in three tries. I try my first shot...and fail desperately.

“Oops,” I laugh, getting my gun ready again. However, Myungsoo steps in, placing his arms over mine.

“Here, do it this way,” He says gently, positioning my arms another way and helping my finger to shoot, since I couldn’t move at all. His breath on my neck, the warmth of his arms, my eyes widen as, again, my heart races.

Crash!
The glass bottle falls and I yelp a bit, surprised by the noise. “We did it!” Myungsoo chuckles and hands me the huge stuffed animal which was the prize.

“Thanks,” I say with a shy smile, hugging the animal to my chest. We go around to some other booths, Myungsoo winning all of them. I grin as he brings more prizes to my chair, hanging some on the side because I couldn’t hold all of them. Tonight...felt like a dream. The fireworks, the friendship, the ferris wheel, and Myungsoo...Without me realizing it, he had become someone precious to me.