Chapter 13

As Time Passes

anyeong ~ here is chapter 13 hehe..it might seem a bit boring but it's going to be like a transition/filler chapter so that more exciting things can happen, yay! AND INFINITE'S 2 WINS LIKE ASDFGHJKL!!!!!!!! they're going against girls day, aoa (are they still promoting? i dunno lol), snsd, got 7...I mean, tough competition right there BUT THEY WON! sorry hehe back to normal now...anyways, I keep running out of ideas so quickly so please comment on anything you suggest or you can post on my wall, message me, etc. I'm gonna get writers block or something T-T I hope you continue to read, subscribe, and comment though! Comments are my favorite hehe >.< Luff you <3

 

Myungsoo POV

 

After the fan meeting, the rest of the members and I go back to the dorm, exhausted. Still, seeing Ji Eun had made everything better. I had looked for her in the crowd, smiling at anyone who had a similar resemblance. I wasn't even sure if she had come...but she did.

I lean back on my bed, putting my arms behind my head. Sure, Ji Eun probably didn't come just for me but she...had come. And she didn't shrink away from my physical affections now. Rather, she stayed with me and tolerated it. It was like Ji Eun was giving me the chance to come into her heart. I take my phone, wondering what message to put in. I decide to just say 'what are you doing?' since it was a question. I'm surprised to get an answer immediately and it's not what I expected.

I miss you...

 

Ji Eun misses me?

 

I feel my heart beat faster and chuckle. Was she playing with me? Or did she really mean it? I wait a bit, wondering if a 'jk' or 'oops' was coming afterwards. There wasn't any.

I type my response quickly without a second thought. I add a heart afterwards, wanting to make it more cute. Putting my phone on silent, I set it to sleep and close my eyes. An image of Ji Eun comes to mind. Ah, was she taking over my thoughts after winning my heart? That girl...


I look at the phone, smiling when I see his words. Myungsoo had a way of making my heart race whenever he wanted to. Jiyeon happens to come back out at that moment, drying her hair with a towel. "Ready to go?" She asks, putting on a dress quickly.

"Yeah," I say, tidying up my hair a bit before putting on a pair of heels.

We grab a ride from her friend, and I meet most of them at the dinner. I laugh with them, talk with them, dance with them....so this is what people did with their friends. My eyes glaze a bit at the thought of Suzy, but quickly regain my composure. The rest of the night I enjoy myself, making sure I don't drink too much since it was my first time trying alcohol. It was...different, but actually pretty good. Most drinks were too sweet for me.

Finally, Jiyeon and I go back to the dorm, both exhausted. I collapse as soon as I'm on the other side of the door.

"Ugh...the audition is tomorrow already..." Ji Yeon says with a sigh, brushing her hair out.

"Audition? What audition?" I say curiously, sitting up to look at her.

"Aren't you in the music program?" She asks me and I nod.

"You don't know about the audition program? Well basically they have reps from a bunch of entertainment companies come to check you out on your first day. Sometimes, they pick trainees if they like you.Most of the time, though, they just criticize you and give you feedback," Ji Yeon explains to me and I nod, thinking.

"So it's possible to become a trainee on your first day?" I ask, getting it sort of.

"Yup, but it's only happened once...to this girl named Krystal...she's super popular now," Jiyeon looks a bit melancholy after mentioning Krystal's name and I wonder if they used to be friends.

"Anyways," Ji Yeon turns off the light, "if we want to do well, we must sleep."


I wake up at 4, the jet lag not gone yet. I look around groggily, running my fingers through a tangled mess of my hair. I should get ready...and I still hadn't decided what song to play for my audition. I take a cold shower quickly, drying my hair with a blow dryer before taking out my guitar. It was the same guitar Infinite had given me and I had gotten quite good. Playing the guitar was something that didn't require standing, so I had started taking guitar lessons as well as singing. The teacher said that I had perfect pitch but I didn't really know what that meant. Didn't most people have it?

I strum a few chords, smiling as I start playing a composition I had written a few months ago. Slowly, it had started to turn into a real song - lyrics and everything. Maybe I should play this? I look at the end, seeing that it's unfinished. Taking my pencil, I scribble in a few notes, more melodies coming to my head. An hour passes, and I'm still on the floor, scratching out and writing in changes. Finally, around 7, I feel accomplished.

I look at some of the lyrics, reminded of my days in the hospital before I had met Infinite, those days that I had mourned Suzy.

A loner in a noiseless room...I sing those words softly, smiling. I wasn't like that anymore. I wasn't a pitiable girl who couldn't walk and had to rely on others for support. I wasn't that girl who shut out everybody but one and stayed in the white cell each night.

I glance at the last measure, needing a final line.

Infinite, when I first saw them, they looked like they were shining...

Inspired, I write a few words down, happy with them.

Will the icicles in my room melt when a sunny, good day comes?
Infinite, they had melted my icicles, turned each bad day good. Bad day...I flip back to the beginning, hovering my hand above the title line.

Bad Day...that worked...

I smile, pleased with what I had written and close the book. Hopefully, those people from the agencies would be impressed too.


Jiyeon and I wait nervously together as people are called in. A group of five would go in at one time, then come out. I rarely saw a happy face. Most were discouraged or disappointed. Finally, my number is called. Hugging Jiyeon before I leave, I pick up my guitar case and head inside. Ahhhh it was so nerve wracking. Once inside, I glance at the four others. Two of them were guys, the other two girls. All of them looked a lot older and more mature than me. As I was the last number to be called, I have to audition last and watch everybody else. The first girl goes and I listen to her voice curiously. Though she had good techniques, there were places where she would lose the pitch and falter slightly. The judges/representatives scribble down notes as we wait expectantly, every moment becoming more and more terrifying. The second girl is a singer too, while the first guy acts and second guy is an entertainer.

Finally, my turn comes and I start to take out my guitar. Sitting down on the stool provided, I strum a few chords to make sure it was tuned.

And then, I begin to sing.