Chapter 5

As Time Passes
Sorry for the late update >.< I was on vacation and I also lost this chapter so I had to rewrite it :( Thank you so much for your support, though, and please continue to comment on your thoughts! <3
 

I widen my eyes in shock as I see the seven members of Infinite in my room. With the sun shining behind them, it looked like they were glowing. Ah, the brightness made me dizzy slightly. Before I can open my mouth, one of them comes toward me, a big smile on his face.

“Anyeong, Ji Eun! You know us, right? Infinite! Do you know which member I am?” He says happily and I shrink back, wanting them to disappear. I had totally forgotten about the wish...They hadn’t responded in days, months, and Suzy had given up on them coming totally.

Suzy….she would’ve wanted to see them. If they only had come earlier….

My eyes harden and I glare at the intruders. “I hate all of you. Get out of my room right now before I scream,” With that, I wheel to my bed, knowing that they were probably stunned.

As they shuffle out silently, I hear one of the guys say to the other, “Jeez, she’s the one that wanted us to come…”

I try not to curse at him, and grit my teeth instead. They didn’t know anything about me, my life, nothing. I didn’t even like kpop. It was because of Suzy…

Crumbling down, I start crying again - this time not silent and hot tears. Now they were choking sobs, engulfing my life into a pit full of darkness. Why did they have to come? It had only made everything worse.


3rd Person POV:

After Ji Eun yelled at the group to get out, Infinite waits by the door, grumbling silently. Sunggyu, only person who had talked to her, speaks first, “Do you think she’s okay? I wonder why she was like that…”

Hoya sighs, “I can’t believe that we came all the way here for a person like her. Here I was, thinking that there would be some cute, petite little girl who would call us oppa,” He shakes his head, displeased.

“Yah,” Sungjong intercedes, “We don’t know what she’s going through. Maybe they just told her she’ll die in a week or something?” He widens his eyes, covering his mouth.

The rest of the members become silent, thinking about Sungjong’s comment. “Well, anything’s possible. Maybe we should go back in to try to cheer her up?” Woohyun offers, motioning towards the door.

“She’ll yell at us again,” Hoya mumbles, though he follows the others.

Sunggyu starts to knock, then stops, his expression changing. He leans his ear to the door, and the other members wonder what he was doing. Finally, Sunggyu stands up again, biting his lip.

“Guys, I don’t think we should go in…” He continues, “She’s crying right now…”

The group becomes solemn, never having dealt with this situation before.

“I have an idea!” Sungyeol chirps, “Let’s get her a gift basket, like a present. Maybe what Sungjong was saying is true...that you know, she might...you know...yeah..” He trails off, not wanting to say that word.

The rest of them nod, agreeing to the idea.

“okay! Let’s start operation: Make Ji Eun happy then!” Sunggyu puts his hand in the center, wanting to have a group cheer. The others, however, leave him, not wanting to look lame.

“Come on, leader-nim, you’ll be left behind,” Myungsoo turns back with a smirk, glancing at Sunggyu’s pouting face.


Ji Eun POV:

After using up all the tissues in the box, I feel myself calming down. Ah, I was sleepy now. Laying down, I stare up at the ceiling. Was I too rude? Maybe I should apologize….I mean, they didn’t do anything wrong. Since they’re celebrities it’s not like they could come at any time to visit this place. Still...if only they had come a week earlier...A ringing starts in my ear, adding to the head pounding from earlier. Sighing, I turn to my side, hearing noises out the door. Who was there? Aish, it was so loud.

A few minutes pass - still there were loud noises which didn’t help the migraine at all.

30 minutes.

40 minutes.

Finally, with an annoyed expression, I sit up, determined to mute this commotion. Why wasn’t anybody stopping this?

I start to grab my wheelchair, then stop. Hey, maybe I could make it to the door. I had been feeling pretty strong lately. Hesitantly, I stand, not feeling very confident.

“Okay, Ji Eun...let’s do this,” Lifting a foot, I place it down, continuing slowly until i make it to the door. Panting and sweaty, I lean on the wall, trying to slide open the door. Ugh, there was something stuck and it was jammed. With a burst of strength, I push open the door. Nobody was outside. Hmm? Not even the nurses were seen…

I look to the right. Nobody. To the left. Nobody.

Still, I could hear noises coming from somewhere. It sort of sounded like...music? I continue to walk down the hall, following my ear. I find myself at the central lobby, where the music from before was definitely coming from. Turning the corner, I widen my eyes. The whole floor was gathered - patients, nurses, doctors - listening to that group of people - no wait, Infinite - singing. What was going on? I start to walk towards Dr. Hunter when nausea comes to my stomach. Ah, the walking from earlier. I also hadn’t eaten much for the past week after hearing the news. Was the punishment coming now? I swallow, my breathing ragged and hitched. I needed a doctor, right now. Right now…

The room fades into a blur, all the colors merging together into my eyes. I feel my knees giving up as I reach out my hand, looking for something to support me. “Suzy…” I say finally, seeing her face in my mind right before everything darkens and turns black.

 


Myungsoo POV

As the other group members set up the stage, I put up flyers around the halls, giving them to random nurses and patients. We wanted to lighten up the mood with a special concert, and...hopefully invite Ji Eun too. I stop by her door, leaning in. Ah, she was still crying. I bite my lip, wondering whether to go in. I decide not to, pasting the flier on the outside of her door. Hopefully it wouldn’t fall off. Continuing on, I use up the rest of the flyers and walk back to the lobby, where our mini concert was being held. I check my phone - ah, it was already 6:50. Time to start. Sunggyu was already on the stage with the others, and I jog slightly to catch up with them.

“okay, we’re starting with Last Romeo to Back, then I’ll do my solo, Hoya and Dongwoo will do their duet, and we’ll do BTD together. Sound good? Oh there you are, Myungsoo. Did you hear that?”

I nod, cool with the plan. The others nod as well, and we tidy ourselves a bit, wanting to look our best. Though there weren’t many people here yet, we start singing and doing our routine, some patients and doctors starting to trail in slowly. I watch for Ji Eun to come, but she doesn’t. Was she sleeping?

After we finish Back, Woo Hyun tells me to get some bottles of water for everyone which I agree to. I wasn’t going to sing anything else until the last song. Walking briskly to the cafeteria, I grab some waters and look around. Wow, it was all white. Pretty...bland looking. Whistling as I walk back, I glance up as I see Hoya and Dongwoo starting their duet. Good, I wasn’t late. I start to bring water to the members when a figure on the opposite side of the room catches my attention. A girl was standing next to the wall - well more like leaning on it. I start to walk over, breaking out into a run when I see her panting. Was she okay?

“We need a doctor!” I yell out, interrupting the performance. As she starts to fall, I manage to get behind her, her head falling into my lap. “Suzy…” She says, and I finally recognize the girl. It was Ji Eun.