Chapter 12

As Time Passes

anyeong ~ I'm sorry this chapter is so late T-T I'm moving so I have to do everything mostly by phone which takes a lot longer than typing :( On a happier note, Infinite's Weekly Idol was hilarious - anybody see it? I love the Bad routine and the 360 MV! *faints from fangirling so much*  Anyways, I still need to think of some more plot ideas haha For now, enjoy this random writing and somewhat fluffy scenes haha. Also, thank you thank you thank you for all your lovely comments and thoughts because it motivates/inspires me so much and also thank you thank you thank you so much to all the subscribers and readers because you're awesome! Luff you guys <3

 

Chapter 12:

Infinite drives me to the dorm in which I would be staying. I widen my eyes as I step out of the door, in awe of the huge building. Getting my suitcases out of the van quickly I wave bye to Infinite.
"Bye Ji Eun! Sorry we can't walk you in..."
I shake my head, "Yah, don't be concerned over me. Good luck on the concert!" I start to turn away when Myungsoo grabs my hand.
"Ji Eun,"
I turn around immediately and look at him curiously.
"Don't hang out with weird guys and call me when you go to bed, ok?" He winks, closing the door as I stand there. Myungsoo just spoke to me like he was my boyfriend or something. I just smile, chuckling all the way to my dorm.
When I get to the third floor, I glance at my phone: room 17. I take a right and find the room easily at the end of the hall. I notice the door slightly open and raise my eyebrows. Was my roommate here already? Pulling open the door, I walk inside silently. Pretty nice, though it was quite small. I see a girl with her back faced to me, putting makeup on in the mirror.
"Hi..." I say softly, putting my things on a bed.
She turns around, eyes wide. "Oh, are you Ji Eun? Nice to meet you!" She smiles and I nod.
"And you're Jiyeon, right?" My new roommate grins and nods as well.
"I'm actually going to a concert right now so I have to get going....We can have dinner together, though, afterwards" She continues putting on her makeup.
I think quickly, "ah, is it possible that you're going to go see Infinite?" I ask and Jiyeon turns around with a shocked face.
"Daebak, how did you know?" She asks and I shrug.
"I wasn't planning on going but do you mind me joining you and your friends if you're going as a group?" I ask, biting my lip. Since I had been in the hospital for such a long time, my social skills were not on par with the average human. Jiyeon seemed really nice though. Maybe she would let me join her?
"Yeah..do you already have tickets or something?  Oh and it's just me so I'm totally down for you to join if you do have tickets," she smiles and chuckles slightly
"Yeah I actually do have a ticket," I laugh, showing her the piece of paper. Sunggyu had given me one and I wasn't expecting to use it, but why not?
I get ready with her, borrowing an Infinite shirt and wearing black jeans with flat sneakers.
"How long have you been a fan?" I ask curiously as we walk to the metro.
"Since they've debuted!" Jiyeon says excitedly, her face all smiles. "I fell in love with their dancing! You?"
"Uhh...just recently actually..." I say hesitantly, not wanting to talk about my hospital time.
The metro arrives quickly and, after two stops, we both arrive at the concert hall.
I hand my ticket to the scanner who looks at it curiously. "Ah, this ticket applies to seeing them backstage as well," he says simply and Jiyeon screams.
"You're going to meet Infinite backstage? Can I go with you? Please?" She practically begs me and the scanner and he shrugs so I chuckle.
"Of course you can," I smile though I was a bit worried for how I should act to Infinite. I didn't know if there were other people that were having backstage meetings and if Infinite acted too familiar with me they might get hated for it. The concert starts, though, and I immediately change my focus to the stage, having managed to move both Jiyeon and I closer to the front.
The lights dim, revealing seven figures in the dark. All of a sudden Myungsoo starts singing and the fans go crazy. I find myself cheering along to the chants as they continue to serenade us with their honey voices. Wow, I did not expect this. My face is in awe as they finish their song, bowing and coming to the front of the stage. They talk for a few seconds before jumping into their next song right away. The rest of the concert goes so quickly, and I find that my voice is hoarse from screaming so loud by the end. As the rest of the fans head out the doors, Jiyeon and I stay for the backstage tour. A security guard comes to take us and I sigh of relief when I realize it's just Jiyeon and I. We go through a series of hallways before finally arriving at a door where it says 'Dressing Room'. I push the door open, as Jiyeon was shaking in nerves. Infinite grins when they see me, all yelling my name loudly as I sigh.
"Ji Eun! You came!" Sunggyu says happily to hug me before realizing there's another person.
"Ah, she's my roommate, Jiyeon. Jiyeon, this is Infinite. Infinite, this is Jiyeon."
Jiyeon just stares at me with wide eyes, partly open. "How....do you know them?" She says almost in a whisper.
"Oh...it's a long story...I'll explain it to you later...for now, you should just enjoy your time with them..." I shrug, sitting down next to Myungsoo on the couch. He ruffles my hair, handing me his drink. "Want some? It's lemonade,"
I accept his offer and look back at Jiyeon who had started taking pictures with the rest of the members.

"Sweet," I comment putting the drink down. Myungsoo puts his arm around me but I don't say anything, my heart beating faster and faster.

"You're sweet" he replies with a grin and I look at him.

"Yah, that's too cheesy. You're making my fingers clench," I show him my balled fist, and Myungsoo just chuckles.

"Did you like the concert?" He asks, playing with my hair.

"It was fun, I don't know, it was sort of weird to see all of you that way?" I glance at his fingers which were braiding a random portion. "Don't tangle it," I say with a sigh.

"See us that way? What, were you jealous that I was winking to all those girls?" Myungsoo smirks, looking at my face.

"What? No, of course not!" I say loudly, turning to look at him when I realize our faces are an inch away.

I move my head, stuttering slightly, "I wasn't jea-jealous.." I frown my cheeks turning red from how close we were five seconds ago.

Myungsoo laughs, poking my blushed cheek. “I was just kidding, don’t take it so seriously,” He smiles charmingly, and I can’t help but blush even more. Why, why did Myungsoo make me feel this way?

He teases me a bit more, laughing as I threaten to beat him up. Afterwards, Jiyeon and I both watch as they perform some other dance routines that she had requested.  

The security guard that had brought us in comes back inside, “Ah, Infinite, you have to go to the fansigning event now,” He bows and leaves the room, giving us time to say goodbye. Jiyeon gets a hug from each member, while I wait at the door. Myungsoo comes to give me a hug, telling me that he’ll text me frequently.

“Come again!” Sunggyu says as we leave and Jiyeon practically dies as soon as we’re outside. “Ji Eun! How do you know them so well? I mean, it obviously wasn’t your first time meeting them!” Her eyes are wide as we continue to walk back to the metro, and I slightly grimace.

“Er...it’s somewhat a long story…” I say softly and her expression tones down, seeing how serious I was.

“Oh...well, I mean, you don’t have to tell me, of course,” She chuckles awkwardly, though I knew she was curious.

“No, no, I’ll tell you…” I say quickly, starting to explain that I had been in the hospital and gotten sponsored by a foundation. I talk about Suzy, her dieing, Infinite appearing, all the things that happened, even things about my crush for Dr. Hunter. When I finish, we’re in the dorm, sitting on my bed together.

“Wow,” Jiyeon simply says, hugging me soon after. “You’re an amazing person,” She smiles mischievously after pulling away, “But...do you and Myungsoo have a thing going on? I mean…” Jiyeon winks at me, and I laugh softly.

“A thing? Mm...I don’t really know what we have...I still don’t really know what my feelings are...but..well, yeah,” I trail off a bit, wishing that I could see him.

“Well, I won’t interrogate you on him, but keep me updated, okay? We’re friends now,” She laughs and I feel my heart warm towards Jiyeon. She was so quick to accept me, and it wasn’t just because I was connected to Infinite.


I lie down on my bed, looking at my phone besides me. I was waiting for Jiyeon to finish taking her shower and we would be going to dinner with some of her friends afterwards. She had also promised to keep everything between Infinite and me confidential, which I greatly appreciated. I stare at my phone, willing for something to pop up. Nothing.

Sighing, I roll onto my stomach, glancing at the phone again. Fine, I would text him then. I open my messaging app, clicking on Myungsoo’s name. What should I say? I type in ‘Hey’.

No, that was too short.

‘What are you doing?’

Eh...that conversation wouldn’t go anywhere.

‘Call me’

Definitely not...sounded too desperate.

I think for a moment, finally typing in ‘I miss you’ Smiling, I start to move my finger to delete it when a message from Myungsoo pops up. Flustered, I press the wrong button and end up clicking ‘send’.

 

Wait….no….

 

My face turns completely red when I’ve realized that I had sent that. What were you doing, Ji Eun? I press the home button, not wanting to see Myungsoo’s response. I turn it to sleep, taking a deep breath.

 

Ring!

 

The notification sound makes me jump, and I know that Myungsoo had responded. Carefully, I flip the phone over, looking at what he wrote.

 

‘I miss you too <3’