Chapter 7

As Time Passes

anyeong ~ here is chapter 7 hehe I hope the cliff hanger wasn't too horrible. I'm not quite sure where this story will take a turn but I do have some kyuuuuteeee scenes planned out >.< Please continue to read, subscribe, and comment <3 

 

I quickly gather my thoughts, my mind in chaos. What did Sungjong just say? That I’m...going to die?

“Yah, where did you hear this?” I ask him, my eyes wide.

“Oh, it must still be a secret then...I’m sorry, it’s just that we overheard you crying about it and I also heard the nurse say when we walked in that you would be going to the cemetery..." He explains and I give a sigh of relief. Oh, god, thank goodness it was just a misunderstanding. I was scared some terrible condition might’ve come from fainting.

Sungjong watches me curiously, wondering what my reaction would be.

“Sung Jong,I’m not dying... let me just explain, okay?” He nods, confused, and I continue.

“Truthfully, I’m not a fan of Infinite at all. Not even a fan of kpop at all to be honest. Two months ago, I got that ‘wish’, you know? Well, basically, there was this girl named Suzy that I was really close with. She...was like my sister and we were both the same age. Suzy, she loved you guys. Everyday, I would hear her fangirl, obsess, and talk about Infinite. So, as I didn’t have any wishes of my own really, I asked for you to come since if Suzy’s happy, I’m happy…”

“Ooh, that makes sense why you don’t really know any of our names. Sunggyu was wondering about that. Where’s Suzy, then? Why haven’t you introduced her to us?” Sung Jong interrupts for a second.

“I’ll explain, okay? Just keep listening,” I give him a look, continuing to talk, “Anyways, so I asked you guys to come...oh right..Yeah, so after that, Suzy waited every day for you to come and she’d get super disappointed when I told her that it might take some time,” I glance for a moment and see Sung Jong’s guilt face.

“Ah, don’t feel bad. I know you guys are  busy and popular, Suzy knew that as well. Suzy...had a very rare condition. None of the doctors really knew what her sickness was. She started to get worse and worse...and I didn’t see her for a long time. I got really mad, so I tried to go see her...but...I killed her...Suzy...When she sat up suddenly as she saw me, the life support system stopped and...she died…” I look straight ahead, a wavering in my voice. “When you heard about me going to the cemetery, that wasn't me dying but I had gone to see Suzy. Her death hit me really hard, so I’ve cried a lot. Though I feel happier now...but...yeah, so I’m really not dying. I’m still not quite sure how you could of thought that but thanks for listening, Sung Jong. I feel...less sad,” Chuckling softly, I wait for him to respond but he just stares, a little in awe.

“What?” I say dubiously, eyeing him suspiciously.

“Nothing, it’s just..that...it’s the second time I’ve heard you laugh or smile. After you yelled at us, we thought you were a really cold person. But when you laughed in the bathroom and smiled, it was really pretty...Like right now....” Sungjong responds sincerely, and I smile, touched.

“Aww, you’re so nice,” I ruffle his hair gently and he pulls away.

“Yah! I’m older than you!” He straightens the messy strands. “Also, why aren’t you calling me oppa?”

“Eh? What does that mean? I don’t know that word…”

“Oh, right, we’re in America right now...It’s okay, you don’t have to then. By the way, you’re pretty good in Korean.”

“Yeah, Suzy was fluent and she taught me pretty well.”


Myungsoo Pov

I stand outside awkwardly as I hear the two of them laugh. I had left my wallet in the room, but whatever. Guess it would be better to leave than make the atmosphere weird since there was still awkwardness between me and Ji Eun. I had heard her explanation about Suzy, which definitely cleared things up.

“Myungsoo! We found ramen!” I hear Sunggyu’s voice come from a distance and I lightly jog to see him holding five boxes of twelve pack ramen.

“We’re only staying here for three days. We don’t need all of this,” I say with an exasperated tone. Woohyun was at the cashier paying for some drinks, Dong Woo was trying on different sunglasses with Hoya, and Sungyeol was talking to some girls in an aisle. Aish, what a crazy group we were. I wait for the others to buy their food, already having gotten some chips and coke with my leader's money. I think about Ji Eun’s words, her smile, the way she had fallen into my hands, how her laugh-

“Myungsoo, we’re going, wake up” I blink and see Hoya tapping me on the shoulder. I nod softly, embarrassed to realize that I had been daydreaming about her. Was this normal? Shaking my head, I quickly walk to catch up with the rest of the group.


“Ji Eun! Sung Jong! We’re back!”

Looking up, I see the members pile in while Sunggyu, I think that’s his name, hands us a bag of snacks.

“Thanks!” I say with a grin, seeing that my favorite chips, sour cream and onion, were included. The others high five each other, happy to see that I approved of their purchase.

We all munch on our own food, Infinite talking among themselves. I mostly stay silent, glancing up one time to see Myungsoo looking at me. We both quickly avert our gaze.

“Ah, looks like you guys are having a party!” Dr. Hunter walks in with a grin. All of us nod eagerly, relieved that we had escaped the horrible food at the canteen.

Dr. Hunter looks towards me, smiling softly. “Ji Eun, are you feeling strong enough to go to physical therapy?”

I take a moment to evaluate my situation and shrug. “I think so, let me just get inside the wheel chair.” I start to grab the handle when Dr. Hunter starts speaking.

“Actually, since I saw how well you walked the other day, I thought that maybe we could walk to the PT instead..with Infinite too. In fact, Infinite, since you’re Ji Eun’s nurses for the day, you should help her during the PT. How does that sound?” Dr. Hunter looks around, hearing no complaints.

“Yeah, sure,” One of the members, no-Hoya, yeah that’s his name, responds.

I shrug again, standing up this time and leaning on the wall. “Let’s go then,” I start to walk to the door, almost losing my balance but surviving thanks to Sung Jongs arm. I manage to make it halfway to the PT building when I start feel extremely exhausted.

"Dr. Hunter...I don't think I can walk anymore," I pant quickly, sweat running down my forehead. He nods and offers his arm, "Do you think if you can support yourself it'd be okay?" I shake my head, knowing that my knees were going to give out any second.

Woohyun comes in front of me, bending down. “Ji Eun! I’ll give you a piggy back ride there, okay?”

I widen my eyes, wondering whether I should take his offer. He continues to wait and I finally step forward, wrapping my hands around his neck and my feet around his waist. Leaning my head on his back, I bite my lip hoping that I’m not too heavy. Though I do have a fast metabolism, it’s hard to exercise when you're bedridden. We reach the PT room quickly, thanks to Woo Hyun’s quick walking and I jump off, grabbing onto a bar for support. For the next two hours, I go through my therapy, being supported by the Infinite members every step of the way. They cheer me on as I do my stretches and I smile inwardly. They had only met me yesterday, yet...they were so kind, cheerful. So different from me.

After finishing my PT, I walk back to my room, this time on Woo Hyun’s back the whole way. All the exercises had made my legs quite shaky.

By the time we arrive, it's already 5. The infinite members gather around my bed.

"Ji Eun! It was so fun today! We'll see you tomorrow!" How long were they staying?

"Mm..thanks everyone for all the help....it means a lot really."

They leave quickly, probably tired from the jet lag.

I stay on my computer for a while, learning more about the group, what everybody's name was, how old....oh god, was I becoming a fan now? Chuckling out loud I close the computer and pull the covers over, gently smiling.

Even if I was becoming a fan, it was okay.

Because it was Infinite.