Chapter 11

As Time Passes

anyeong ~ this chapter seems sort of short...I don't know haha xD BUT GUYS INFINITE'S BAD MV WAS FREAKIN AWESOME LIKE I LOVED IT >.< I've watched it like 20x + all the MV reaction videos there are. The showcase looked amazing as well! Hopefully they'll come to my state for their world tour T-T Please do, Infinite! Anyways, I feel like I should add a second lead in here. Anybody you request? I was thinking Woo Young since they were shipped in Dream High or Hyun Woo cuz...well, he's adorable and she's adorable >.< Or maybe Soo Hyun can come back...I dunno xD But seriously I feel so honored to have gotten 30+ subscribers! Though it may seem small to you, it means so much to me hehe - I luff all of you readers so much <3 

[oh please read, comment, and subscribe if you like my story hehe]

 

"Congrats Ji Eun!"

"I'm so happy for you!"

"I'm going to miss you!"

 

I hug all of my doctors and nurses, thanking them for all that they had done. They had thrown a surprise party for me since I was finally going home. Yes, finally I was free from this prison. Actually though, it had become less of that and more of a second home during the last few months. All of the nurses and doctors suddenly didn't seem so...horrible and crazy. They agreed as well, saying that I had become a lot more friendly and nice as well. How? Well, that was still a mystery to me, though everybody else said I must be in love. Weird. I smile softly, thinking of Myungsoo and Infinite. They really had changed my lives, and still were. Regularly,they Skyped me and though I pretended to be annoyed by all their affections, it was cute. It was somewhat like a fantasy to have all these ‘oppas’ around, caring for me. And, Myungsoo...We had talked, texted, wrote each other plenty of times since the time he’d left. I’m not sure what I felt for him now...but it definitely wasn’t just a close friend. There was something more, but I wasn’t ready to face it yet. At least, not now. As I see Dr. Hunter, I run to him, hugging and saying a few words of thanks. Thanks to him, I had completed all of my therapy very quickly. My sister and him were still dating, and rumors of an engagement had been floating around. Well, I was quite over him now, thanks to another person appearing and being by my side. Also, Soo Hyun and I had worked things out and were on better terms now. Of course, it was still hard without Suzy. But, I’m learning to enjoy life knowing that she was with me at all times, watching from above. Finally, with my parents, I leave the hospital and get into the car. I was able to walk as much as I want, as long as I wanted to. The feeling was indescribable. I felt...free.

My parents talk to me in the car, though I answer with one word most of the time. I was too busy thinking about college. I had kept up with school during my hospital stay and only applied to one college - Seoul National University. Fortunately, I had gotten in. I would be leaving in two days to start a new life - a college life there.

 


 

“I can’t believe you’re leaving so soon…” Na Yeon sits on my bed as I pack, pouting.

"Yah, you only visited me twice in the hospital, how can you say that now?" I turn, chuckling as I shake my head.

"Ji Eunnnnn don't goooo," she wails grabbing onto me and hugging me tight. I stiffly stay there, used to her emotional attachments.

The next day I arrive at the airport and wave to my parents goodbye, listening to all their safety warnings and worries.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be fine...really," Smiling, I give them a reassuring hug before turning away to go to security. I get to my gate quickly and board the plane, having gotten business seating for the long trip. Playing with my phone, I realize that I'm waiting for Myungsoo to reply to my text that had said I was leaving this morning. Really? Nothing like 'safe travels'?

I sigh, putting my phone face down when I see a young guy come up the aisle.

"Ah, hi," he says, putting his luggage in the overhead box before sitting down next to me. I smile in response, deciding to look out the window. From first glance, I couldn't really tell what he looked like. He had sunglasses, a mouth mask, and a hat on so it was hard to see his expression.

I lean down to get my headphones when he starts speaking.

"I'm L....you are?" He smiles brightly, and I can see his dimples high up in his cheeks.

"Ji Eun," I say with a polite smile.

"Nice to meet you then.." L grins and also takes out his earbuds. Oh thank goodness - I thought he was wanting to talk all through the trip. As the plane lifts off, I gradually fall asleep, finding a comfortable position finally.


I open my eyes. Where was I? Ah the airplane...i lift my head, widening my eyes when I see that I was sleeping on L's shoulder. He was sleeping as well, and I take a moment to look at his face, blushing slightly. There was something about this guy that seemed familiar. My eyes trail down to his sunglasses and curiosity takes over me. I start to take them off when I realize he's awake, staring at me. I jump away, surprised. He also sits up, clearing his throat slightly.

"Looks like we're landing soon," L says as the intercom comes on, the flight attendant saying in both Korean and English that we would be on ground in 30 minutes.

"Yeah.." I look out the window again, smiling at the clouds. They looked so puffy, yet were actually filled with nothing.

The plane lands quickly and I get to the baggage claim, checking my phone to see if Myungsoo had replied. Infinite had told me that they would take care of my pickup, but no news had come. I bite my lip, having a mild mental meltdown [huhu look at that alliteration xP]. Calm down Ji Eun, everything will be fine. I wait at the baggage claim for my luggage to come out, and suddenly L comes out. He's still dressed in sunglasses, hat, and a scarf though. Weird.

"Hey," his voice is somewhat muffled but I smile, looking at him.

"Mind if I get your number? Who knows, we might meet again," he turns his head toward me but I can't figure out his expression or tone thanks to the disguise. Was he trying to hit on me? I shrug, handing him my phone. "Yeah sure," I say casually. As I get my phone back, I see a message arrived from Myungsoo: Did you have a good trip? By the way, call this number for your ride. He leaves a number below and I frown. Were they not coming themselves?

I immediately shake my head. Yah, Ji Ein, they're celebrities. They can't have time for you every second of the day! I click on the number, placing the phone next to my ear as I hear it ringing....right next to me. I turn, seeing L's glasses off revealing an amused Myungsoo. I almost yell his name, remembering just in time to stay quiet about his disguise. Wah, he was with me all this time? Impressive. I hit his shoulder as hard as I can, "yah! Why did you do that? We could've talked so much on the plane..." I trail off, seeing my suitcase on the luggage claim. Myungsoo, or L, had just brought a carry on so we immediately leave, not wanting to stay in the crowded setting. As we exit the airport, Myungsoo finds my hand, taking it into his gently. I don't object and smile, looking down, to the side, anywhere except his eyes.


A white van pulls up and the door opens, Infinite suddenly appearing. “Surprise! Ji Eun!” They say and my mouth literally drops. Wah, they really had come to see me. Grinning, I go inside with Myungsoo, still holding hands. They all smirk at our ‘skinship’ and giggle like mischievous boys. “Myungsoo and Ji Eun sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s” I hit Dong Woo on the shoulder, giving him a cold look.

“Yah, is that the first thing you do when you see us?” Dong Woo replies, laughing.

I just smile, the worries that I had before being washed away by everybody’s infectious grin and laughter. It was good to be back with Infinite. I had missed them.