Chapter 20

As Time Passes

anyeong! sorry for the late update T-T Still, this one is quite long, hmm? Also, I'm starting school in a few days so that means longer wait time between updates...but probably lengthier chapters! hopefully....oh, so i tried to make this story as realistic as possible...i sort of wanted it to be nonau but there's a lot of random things i just tweaked like dates and when ji eun debuted and krystal debuted and apparenty heirs was before that lol xD umm..so sorry if it doesn't make sense but...well, yeah. xD Please forgive me and understand! I hope you enjoy this chapter and please continue to read, subscribe and comment! Luff you guys <3

ps: literally just spent thirty minutes watching hyukstal vids on youtube......

 

I wake up the next morning, checking online for the news and seeing headlines of Infinite’s new comeback. Myungsoo was right, they definitely would be busy from now on. With music shows everyday to regular tv show interviews, it’d probably be awhile until I would see him - or anybody from Infinite - in person. I sigh as I put on my clothes, a glum look on my face. It had been like a dream yesterday, but today was reality. I force a smile on my face, making it to breakfast at the company where I, surprisingly, decide to sit with Krystal. She was silent and I was too.

“How was the mv filming?” I ask finally with a little bit of curiosity.

She looks at me, turning back to her food. “It was alright,” Krystal responds as I raise my eyebrows. Was something wrong with her? Krystal was never...this nice to me. She stands up to put her trash away, meeting a producer at the trash can where he strikes up a conversation with her. I guess everybody wanted her to be on their side, I think to myself while eating. I feel a vibrate on the table and check my phone. It wasn’t mine...I glance over at Krystal’s, seeing it light up. I glance at her, seeing that she was still turning her back to me. I lean over to my right, wondering who was texting her: Yoon Chan Young. Who was that? I had never heard of him..was he an idol? [*authors note* btw if you don’t know that was minhyuk’s role in heirs] I raise my eyebrows, adding that person to the list of people to look up. That’s right...I had never looked up Do Yeon. Should I? I debate in my mind, wondering if it would do me more harm than good. I bite my lip, finally taking up the courage to look her name up on my phone. Immediately, countless articles come up relating to her relationship with Myungsoo and I read through each one...my nails increasingly becoming shorter and shorter. Wah...Inspirits were no joke. If Myungsoo and I had a scandal...would they react the same way? I widen my eyes, wishing I hadn’t thought of that. I hear a small chuckle behind me, and look behind to see Krystal again.

“So you’re looking that up? Well, it’s about time I guess,” She says with another shake of her head, sitting down.

“Do you know anything about it?” I ask curiously, my eyes wide, suddenly regretting I had said that. Didn’t she like him?

“Mm...only what Myungsoo told me. He said that they had dated, but everyone had tried to change his mind...saying she was an attention and would eventually lead to nothing. And it did...and now Myungsoo wishes he had listened to what people around him had said,” She says with a matter-of-fact manner and I nod.

“You’re worried about a scandal between you two, huh?” Krystal says randomly and I glance upwards, surprised at how on target she was. For once, she looks a bit sympathetic and puts down her glass.

“Listen...I’ve decided I’m not rivals with you anymore. There’s somebody else...that’s made me really think and my feelings for Myungsoo were probably just lingering regrets of a past relationship that he reminded me of. The point is...I’ve thought a lot about if I ever revealed a relationship to the public. What I figured was this: if you have enough fanbase, and there’s some sort of ship between you and your love interest formed...there will at least be one fan out there - one fan out there who will definitely support you. Of course, there will be haters. There will be countless of them trying to split you up and they will post malicious comments everywhere. But that will always be the case...some people have it worse than others. So, what’s the goal? To work even harder and become a top idol. Because the more popular you get, the more other idols will notice you and your fans will eventually try to pair you up with anybody...even girls,” At this point Krystal scoffs slightly, but I understand her main idea.

“You’re really smart..” I say a bit in awe, wondering when she had decided to act close.

“Maybe...but I’m still your rival as a fellow trainee, so remember that and don’t hang onto me when I become famous, hmm?” She says with an uplifted smirk and I return it.

“I could say the same to you,” I say with a laugh, finishing up the rest of my tray before going to my practice session. It was nice...for some reason, Krystal and I had become friends.


 

Two months later:

 

I tie my hair up in a long ponytail, surprised at how long it was now. It had been three months since I had joined Woolim, and I would be debuting in four days with a mini-album. Already, teaser pictures had come out and some of my fans had a few websites and fan cafes. I smile at those two words: my fans. It sounded beautiful. As my phone vibrates, I pick it up and check a message from Krystal. She had transferred back to SM as they had practically begged her to join their new group: f(x). It had done pretty well, and already her name was used in regular conversations. Krystal texts me a picture of her and Minhyuk - her face a smile while he was kissing her cheek. Cuties. They hadn’t released their relationship to the public as they had only started going out two weeks ago, but I knew that they would be okay. I mean, they had had a ship name since the Heirs drama: hyukstal. I shake my head, putting my phone back in my pocket as the music turns on again. For the next few hours, I practice my showcase performance, going through what to say and different songs I had composed. After practice, I gather up my stuff, checking my phone for messages again. I see a few messages from Yonghwa, and sigh. Even after two months of ignoring him he hadn’t given up. Fortunately, CNBlue had also been working on a comeback so he didn’t have much free time to come and pester me. Still, when he did...I felt those flutters again. Those feelings I didn’t want to have would come back. At those times, I would go back into my pictures library, taking a look at the collage of photos Myungsoo and I had taken at the amusement park. There were many, as I wanted to have as many pictures of the two of us as possible. I clear my throat as my manager guides me to our van, opening the door for me as I get in. Infinite had been on their world tour for a while now, and I hadn’t checked to see when they came back. I hoped...just a little that they would be back for my showcase. Was that asking for too much? I open up my calendar, seeing that I was meeting for lunch with my music video producer. I smile as I see the day of the showcase, thinking it was the best birthday present I could ask for. And only a few days away!


Myungsoo POV

I drum my fingers on my lap as the plane finally arrives at Seoul International Airport. We were back, finally. Dongwoo stretches out his hands as we go out into the aisle, taking out our carry on suitcases from the overhead bins. We finally get into the baggage claim to find our suitcases before leaving the airport, but not without dozens of news press reporters flashing cameras at us while holding out microphones. I lower my head under my cap, not wanting my picture to be taken. I was exhausted from our world tour, and all I wanted was some privacy now. But, that was not for me to decide. We make it to our dorm soon enough and one of the managers helps us take our bags out from the van before leaving us in front of our building.

"We're home..." Sunggyu says breathlessly before all of us silently nod. It was not only me - all of us were worn out and in need of deep sleep. I pull out my phone, starting it up. We hadn't been allowed to use it the duration of the tour and as soon as I turn it on, vibration after vibration alarm me. Who had texted me so much? Finally, when I'm sure that there are no more incoming messages, I warily pick it up. Curious, I open my messaging app, seeing 90 messages from a number I didn't recognize.

Myungsoo…I miss you

My friends told me they saw you at the amusement park with somebody: who is it?

Are you dating someone?

No, you’re mine.

Aren’t you curious to who this is?

Why haven’t you replied?

I’m going to find you and make you mine again.

I’m sorry, I know that everything blew up because of me..

Myungsoo! Please call me!

Where are you? Why haven’t you been responding to my calls?

Did you know my number and that’s why you didn’t pick it up?

The messages went on and on as I furrow my eyebrows. It couldn’t be Do Yeon, could it? Another message pops up. It was sent twelve minutes ago. I scroll down, seeing a picture of Ji Eun and I when were at the amusement park. Somebody had taken a picture of us kissing.

The photo had a message underneath it and I squint to read it.

If you don’t call me right now, I will post this online. You have 15 minutes.

I don’t have time to think. Though I didn’t know when Ji Eun was debuting, I knew it was soon. This could ruin her whole future. I press the call button as soon as I can, a smooth voice responding on the other side.

“So the only reason you called was to save this ?” And I immediately know it’s Do Yeon.

“Do Yeon...how did you get my number,” I say annoyed, my voice a small growl.

“Connections, of course. Question is more like why you never responded,” She says with an annoyed voice.

“If you knew anything about me, you would know the reason why,” I say, and it’s true. If you looked up Infinite, it’d be obvious that they were on their tour. Thousands of articles had been published for each concert.

She stays quiet, probably clenching her fist by now. I go ahead to speak.

“Do Yeon. If you publish that photo or do anything to the girl in that photo, I will find you and report you to the police for blackmailing. Do not ever come near me again,” I say sternly, hanging up punctually. I close my eyes, sighing while Sung Jong comes to sit next to me.

“Myungsoo...what happened?” He asks with a sympathetic voice, and I frown.

“It’s fine,” I say glumly, going to my room. I look up Ji Eun’s name on the internet, seeing that she was going to debut in a few days. Wasn’t that the same day as her birthday? Another name pops up to her own: IU. Who was that? After researching a bit, I find that it’s her new stage name. Like I had my own: L. At least her’s didn’t make her change her personality. Well maybe it did...this IU was described as quite bubbly, happy, and the nation’s little sister. Was that Ji Eun? I scoff a little, wondering how she was going to pull that off.


Finally, I’m at this day. The day where I finally debut...I get ready quickly in the morning, putting on a random outfit as we were headed to the stylist anyways. They would be giving me my outfit and hair so it was not something I really needed to worry about. I hum as my manager drives me to the salon, staying there for almost two hours before entering the concert hall of my showcase. I see my president there and bow politely as he pats my head.

“You’ll do well,” He says with a reassuring smile and I nod, still quite nervous.

I reach my waiting room, getting even more makeup put on me.The theme for me was natural and cute, yet it seemed like my face was masked. I chuckle for a moment, looking at my reflection in the mirror across of me. It was strange, seeing myself like that. It didn’t look weird...just different. Shrugging, I take out my phone, reading the newspaper that I followed everyday. I move to the pop culture section, reading an article about my upcoming debut and also about Infinite coming back to Korea. I widen my eyes, almost jumping out of my chair. So they were finally back! Krystal had told me that singers weren’t allowed to use their phones on tour so I had never texted Myungsoo, but I guess now he could look at his phone. I hurriedly send a message just saying a quick hello but he doesn’t respond. I wait a few more minutes..no response. Sighing, I bite my inner cheek. Maybe he was still sleeping, Ji Eun. I mean, he might have jet lag. I try to convince myself of that last thought, hearing one of the staff come and say it was time for standby. I take my guitar and nothing else, exiting the waiting room to follow the staff member to the stage.

“And, now, the one...the only...IU!” The MC declares as the fans roar. I walk onto the stage confidently with a huge smile, waving to the crowd...Wow, the place was filled. Fans covered the whole room, from the main floor to the top, it was full of people that wanted to watch...me. I bow politely, introducing myself with a cute V sign afterwards. The MC asks me a few questions and I answer as I was supposed to, giggling every so often. Yes, I giggled. As the theme of my new album was quite cute and ‘in love’, my trainer made me practice aegyo and the art of ‘being cute’. I look to the crowd, seeing how many males there were. Half of them looked like ‘uncle fans’ as well. I send a heart, making them scream loudly again. They were...my fans. I couldn’t believe, but they were. Another half hour goes by, and I finish up singing my title track when a recording of a familiar song starts to play. I widen my eyes, never remembering it being on the schedule. I turn around, seeing Infinite walk out with grins on their faces. Hoya carries a cake as the camera zooms in on my shocked face. They sing happy birthday to me lovingly, giving me hugs and pats on the head as I just gape. Infinite...had come. And Myungsoo - he was there in the back, just gazing at me while nodding calmly. How..how could he be so calm? It had been three months...I can feel my eyes start to glaze and quickly blink. No, I couldn’t become emotional. It was still the showcase and I needed to keep my character. The next two hours Infinite are a ‘special guest’, giving the audience little facts about me and revealing the original place where they had met me, making me a little surprised as I thought the company would’ve wanted to keep it a secret. Sung Jong gives me a reassuring expression though, whispering in my ear that the president had told them to say it while it’s break time. I smile at him thankfully, nodding before I’m told to go back on stage again for another performance.


Myungsoo Pov

I watch as Ji Eun - aka IU - sings and performs on stage, a loving expression on her face. It was a ballad, and she was singing about a past relationship that had ended with regrets. I can’t help but think about Yonghwa, grimacing. Had something happened between them the duration I was gone? I quickly shake my head, wanting to only focus on Ji Eun’s performance alone. She really was a talented singer, definitely miles ahead of my own voice. It was amazing - how far Ji Eun had come from being a cold girl in a hospital room to now a confident singer in whom the nation would soon come to love. I smile, wanting to go on stage and hug her and kiss her and show off our relationship..if she still felt for me that way. I bite my lip, making a mental note quickly. During the tour, I had missed her so much - Ji Eun. So much that I felt like abandoning everything and just hopping onto a plane to Korea at times. Now, I was back though. And ready to claim her heart once more.