Chapter 23

As Time Passes

anyeong ~ sorry this is so late T-T I seriously am just dying from school it's horrible gah OTL...anyways.....i keep forgetting what i was going to say xD right! ummm I'm sort of experiencing a low for writing so i'll to just update whenever I can and we'll see how this goes like i don't want to write when I don't want to because then the chapter won't be full of all the goodness it had in the beginning, right? Does that make sense? xD I'm so tired I can't even think right now....But please continue to read, comment and subscribe!! Whenever there's a new comment, it just motivates me even more to keep this story going and probably the reason I updated the most was I finished this fanfic of myungsoo x oc and it was so good like i seriously cried T-T so good....so good....i need to read it again or something xD no, but it just makes me want to work harder and improve my writing skills like the author, hm? I dunno, my words probably make no sense right now gah but luff you guys and hope you enjoy this update :3

 

I grimace as I feel my eyes opening in the bright sunlight. Where was I? Looking at the white walls, white ceiling, and white bed, I assumed I was in the hospital. Great...though my head was still a bit foggy as to why I was here. Sighing, I turn to my side - startled to see Myungsoo sleeping in the chair beside me. His legs were laid out as his hands rested in his lap. My face relaxes into a smile, seeing his figure beside me. I continue to watch when suddenly he opens his eyes, looking directly at my face.

“Ji Eun!” Myungsoo says automatically, breaking out into a relieved smile.

I give him a puzzled face, tilting my head to the side slightly.

“Ji Eun! You recognize me, right?” Myungsoo says brightly, though I can hear his voice start to strain.

“Who...are you?” I say, squinting my eyes slightly. I wonder if he would actually fall for it.

“I’m Myungsoo...Kim Myungsoo…” He responds, and I can see his face falling. Wait, did he actually think I had lost my memory? I bite my lip, wondering if I should stop this facade.

“What was your relationship with me?” I ask critically, still pretending to have amnesia.

“I loved you - and - well, I think you loved me too. Well, I mean we were dating but well I’m not-” Myungsoo says flustered and I can see his finger drumming on his thigh.

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo. You only think I loved you? Pabo,” I revert back to my usual tone of voice, chuckling slightly.

I can see Myungsoo’s face torn with conflicting feelings, wondering what to say. Happy, relieved, mad, annoyed. I start to speak again, to apologize, when the doctor comes in the room.

“Ah, you’re both up. Wonderful. Well, Ji Eun, I have to take you to some tests so Mr. Kim you can leave if you’d like,” The doctor nods politely and Myungsoo responds with a small bow, standing and starting to take his things up.

I watch him with wide eyes as the nurse helps me get up. As soon as I step on my foot, I wince out of the pain. I still turn around, seeing Myungsoo walk out of the door.

“Yah, Myungsoo? Kim Myungsoo? You’re not really going, are you?” I yell as he continues to walk away, leaving as the nurses struggle to get me to walk forward.

Was he really going? Just like that? I pout my way to the test room, wondering why he had gotten so sensitive. I was only joking. My mind wanders to the throbbing pain in my foot that was not going away. It was probably broken. From what, I still didn’t remember.

“Okay, Ji Eun, we’re going to take an x-ray just to make sure nothing else happened beside your broken foot. Do you remember what accident you got into yesterday?” The doctor shines a light in my eyes, doing the regular check ups before moving me to a seat in front of a screen.

“No...not really.”

“Ah, well you got into a car accident. Fortunately, it was not too bad...your manager was fine but you did fall unconscious so we brought you to the hospital…” The doctor says calmly while placing a protective cover on me before the procedure starts. I do everything they ask, relieved when it’s finally over. I’m taken back to the doctor’s office, waiting for him to come back.

“Ah, Ji Eun, it looks like you’re completely fine besides the leg. However, I know that you’ve been in quite a serious accident in the past. Did the doctors say anything about having trauma from that? If they did, we might have to take a mental test so that we can make sure you’ll be alright when going on a car,” The doctor says kindly as I bite my lip. I did remember Dr. Hunter saying something about a post-traumatic stress disorder, but I didn't quite know what the details were.

"I'm not sure..." I reply honestly, my voice softening.

"Well, okay, I'll look at your records and get back to you. For now, you can leave the hospital but if anything happens...."

I nod and take my belongings, exiting his office. Well, guess I was all alone now. I couldn't believe Myungsoo would just leave me. I pull out my phone to call Jiyeon but I see how cracked it is and immediately know it's broken from the accident. Great...

"Yah, don't just walk around aimlessly," my feet stop as my head turns to the right, eyes wide open as I see Myungsoo there. He had stayed?

"Myungsoo?" I stutter slightly, a bit surprised. He gives a sigh, taking the bag I was carrying onto his shoulder and finding my hand.

"You think I would just leave you? Have a bit more faith in your boyfriend," he remarks as my face breaks out into a smile, not hiding how happy I was.

"You looked like you were leaving," I pout, my aegyo voice coming out as I defend myself. He scoffs a little, pausing his brisk walking pace to look at me.

"Is this what you learned while I was gone? Acting cute to persuade people?" He tries to keep his voice annoyed but I can sense his struggle not to smile.

"You know you like it," I curl my lips into a smile, my arm wrapping around his. Myungsoo doesn't respond, but I know he wasn't mad anymore about my fake act on him earlier in the day. We walk out together and go to the car easily, yet I start to feel an anxiety form in my stomach as we approach the vehicle.

As he opens the door for me I swallow, taking a hesitant step inside the car and sitting on the seat. There was a pounding in my head, but it would be okay right? My lips are dry as Myungsoo starts the engine, oblivious to my worries. The vibration of the car makes my stomach churn, and I know I'm about to throw up soon.

"Wait!"

I yell as Myungsoo starts to pull out of his parking spot. He immediately stops driving turning towards me to ask what's wrong but I'm already out the door, heaving into the trash can nearby. He comes up behind me, rubbing my back.

"Ji Eun...you okay?" Myungsoo asks kindly and I nod while drinking the water he offers me, a bad taste lingering in my mouth.

"I don't think...I can go in a car right now," I say with wide eyes, knowing it sounded crazy. I didn't want to believe it...but it must be true.

Myungsoo pauses for a moment, probably trying to comprehend what I was saying.

"Okay...let's go back in the hospital for now, and go see the doctor again," he says calmly, patting my back. We turn around, going back into the hospital as Myungsoo places his arm around my shoulder, giving me a sense of protection.

I enter the doors cautiously, hating that I was back here so shortly. We take the stairs to the previous doctor's office and I rap once, ushered in a few seconds later.

"Ji Eun, how are you? Did anything happen? We saw each other just a few minutes ago...."

I stay silent not wanting to talk, and thankfully Myungsoo intervenes. "Ah, yes doctor...we were about to get into the car when Ji Eun started to get queasy and she threw up the moment she stepped foot in it..." He says calmly as the doctor nods knowingly.

"Well, I guess my suspicion was right. Probably because of her past accident, she has a trauma of moving vehicles...." He pauses for a moment, letting it sink in.

"Now...let's take a quick walk to the therapy department and see what we can do for you Ji Eun..."

"Thank you" I nod and follow him, my hands tightening around Myungsoo’s fingers. He smiles reassuringly, giving me a sweet smile.

I can see people whispering as we pass by, obviously shocked by Myungsoo's appearance next to a girl. Was our relationship being revealed because of this accident? Did that mean Myungsoo would get in trouble? That might not be good... I feel a squeeze from Myungsoo, telling me that it was alright.

"I would never just let you be alone," he whispers, making me want to cry.

I can still hear their whispers though, trailing down the hallway.

"Isn't that the guy from Infinite?"

"Is he in a relationship now?"

"Quick- take a picture!"

I hear a few clicks and even see a flash, turning my head so that they wouldn't see my face, Myungsoo places his arm around me, softly pushing down my head so that it wouldn't be seen.

I could already imagine the news articles that day:

“Label mate Myungsoo in a relationship with newly debuted IU?”

“Nations little sister has revealed her secret relationship with Infinite's visual: L!”

The doctor finally stops in front of a Psychology And Therapy Department sign, ushering us in as a crowd of hospital visitors and residents try to follow us.

"Here, come in...come in," he says with a strained face, getting us away from all the people.

Myungsoo doesn’t release the hold on my hand as we walk inside the office, instead tightening his grip even more.I glance at him for a quick second and he gives me a twinkling smile. Gosh, how much more handsome could he get? I blink as the different doctor talks to the doctor I had before.

“Hi, I’m Doctor Ahn..” The new one says, smiling as he takes out his hand. I shake it briefly, returning my hand to Myungsoo’s grasp.

“I’m Ji Eun...this is Myungsoo,” I say with a brief introduction to my boyfriend beside me.

“Ah...so both of you are singers, am I right?” Doctor Ahn asks as we both nod.

“Well, I’m sorry for all the disturbance outside. It seems that your relationship will probably be revealed soon,” He cracks a smile, looking at both of us apologetically.

I start to speak when Myungsoo starts, “It's okay...We’d probably tell the public sooner or later, hm?” He says with a look towards me. I nod hesitantly, giving a weak smile.

“Neh…” I say softly.  

“Anyways, Doctor Hong was tell me here that you have a trauma with moving vehicles after your car accident? Well, our department is very individualized so we would fit our therapy to meet your needs. In this case, I think the best thing to do would be to take everything step by step. First, we would try Dialectic Behavior Therapy, which is basically talking through what is causing you the stress and calming your anxiety. Then, we might move on to Exposure Therapy where we really delve into the accident and what you remember. Of course, we’ll involve your family and Myungsoo too in every step of the way so don’t feel that you’re being abandoned or alone. We’re here, and I assure you that everything will be okay,” Dr. Ahn speaks calmly and swiftly, and I can feel a glaze start to form in my eyes. Not now...I bite my lip and finally relent. The tears spill out of my eyes drop by drop, ending in hiccups as I grab a tissue from the box provided on the desk. Myungsoo rubs my back yet again, but it’s helpful.

“Thank you..” I choke out while my back heaves with overwhelming feelings. Though it was good to just let it all out, I still wasn’t wary and anxious about the future. Would I ever be able to get inside a car again?

“Um...I’m going to let you guys have a moment,” Both doctors bow and leave the room, leaving Myungsoo and me by ourselves. He quickly pulls me into a warm embrace, his arms wrapping around my trembling body.

“Just let it all out, I’m here…” He whispers into my ear as I tighten my own arms around his back and continue to let the tears come. It had been so long since I actually released all the emotions inside of me. Before, they had just been bottled up and confined.

We pull apart for a moment, and I can feel a tender hand come up to my cheek, softly drying my tears. My eyelids feel heavy as I look up at Myungsoo, my eyes still glazed over and slightly red. He was sympathetically gazing at me, different expressions showing on his face. I part my lips, wondering whether I was in my dream.

“Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?” Myungsoo asks, being the sweetheart he is.

“Kiss me.”