Chapter 14

As Time Passes

anyeong~ this is chapter 14! I like it hehe xD but it's pretty long and I didn't realize that when I was typing it...But next chapter will be fun to write as well ^^ AND INFINITE HAS GOTTEN 5 WINS LIKE AD;KSFJ;LAKDJF A;D xD I'm so proud >.< If they win tomorrow, I will seriously be so happy...no words to describe...anyways, thank you so much for your comments as I really appreciate them and please continue to as well as  read and subscribe! btw I'm pretty sure Krystal will be like the 'villain' since she was in My Lovely Girl with Myungsoo and, personally, I don't ship Myungstal but I do ship Hyukstal pretty hard so we'll what happens :p Hehe - Luff you readers <3

 

The words slip out of my mouth gently as my fingers the guitar. I don't pay attention to the critical faces but stare at the ground instead, reliving the memories through each word I sang. When I finish, there's a silent pause, and furious scribbling on the paper. A few of them murmur to each other, no expressions on their faces. I fidget nervously, wanting to hear their feedback.

"Ji Eun-ssi?" One of them asks, and I nod my head.

"I thought your song was very fresh and realistic...did you compose it yourself?"

"Yes, sir" I look down, my voice very soft.

"Hmm....well I'm the talent scouter at Woolim Entertainment and I think you have quite a future ahead of you...right now, I am offering you a trainee position at the company I work at. If you accept it, you will still be able to go to the university here to take lessons but other training will be at our building. If you want more information, look on our website. Of course, I'll give you a few days to think about it, so here's my business card," he hands me a card, not much expression in his voice.

What?

Had I really...."passed"?

The attendant comes to take us away, but I'm barely able to walk. As soon as I see Jiyeon, I latch on to her, my knees turning to mush.

"What happened?" She says worriedly, helping me to stabilize myself.

"Look..at this," I show her the business card and she squeals immediately.

“Ji Eun! You’re amazing!!!! I heard you practicing and I was, like, wow, but this! Daebak! You’re gonna be so popular now,” Jiyeon continues to shout, attracting attention from everybody. Soon, a whole crowd is around, murmuring about the business card I had gotten. I bite my lip, not used to all the people around me...Just go away...I manage to free myself, escaping into the bathroom. I hadn’t expected getting this offer at all...I just...wanted to be a college student. I take a picture of the business card, sending it to Myungsoo. Right now, I needed someone to talk to.

He responds immediately with ‘?!’

I type back an explanation, starting from how there was an audition process to when the representative gave me his business card. There’s a long pause and I bite my lip, wanting somebody to tell me what to do right now. Myungsoo does the opposite though.

‘Ji Eun...I’m so proud of you! Though the other members and I had no intention of making you a singer, it seems you became a star without any help ^^ That’s just how talented you are. About being a trainee, I can’t give you any solution. It’s your choice, not mine. Of course, this decision could be life changing, so make sure to think about it thoroughly. If you ever want any info about what life is like as a trainee, Infinite is always here to help... anyways, fighting!’

I read his message with disappointment, sighing. Though what he said was true, it wasn’t what I wanted to hear. I put my phone back into my pocket, going out of the bathroom and back to my dorm. I text Jiyeon quickly, telling her that I’m going back to the room since people kept trying to talk to me. It wasn’t like I was that special or anything. I hadn’t grown up wanting to be a singer or something like that...I had only learned guitar a year ago...How was it possible for me to become a trainee? I chuckle slightly, changing into lounge clothes. Calling my parents, I tell them everything. They get very excited, my mom almost screaming into the phone. Ah, that’s right...she had wanted to become a famous singer when she was young. My sister and brother congratulate me, asking if I’ll take the offer. I pause when they ask, biting my lip.

“I’m still not sure yet...I have to think some more,” I almost whisper, making everybody silent.

“Well, Ji Eun, get some rest and use some days to think about it, okay? make a pro-con list or something,” My dad advises and I nod at his advice.

“Thanks...I’ll call you later,” I say with a smile, hanging up. A pro-con list..That might be good. Taking out a piece of paper, I make two columns. For pros: Train to become a singer, become famous (maybe), Will be able to see Infinite more...

For cons: It will be hard, I’ll face a lot of criticism, I don’t know if that’s the career I want…

Sighing, I tear up the paper and throw it in the trash can. It was so hard, deciding. This...could change my life - for better and for worse. What if I chose the wrong path?

I lie in bed, looking at the business card carefully. Becoming a trainee...I close my eyes, sighing. I didn’t know what to do. Maybe I should, maybe I shouldn’t. Finally, I open my eyes wide, letting out a breath. Picking up my phone, I dial the number written on the card.

“Hi, is this Mr. Lee?”

“Yes, who is this?”

“Oh, sorry, this is Lee Ji Eun whom you offered the trainee position too…”

“Ji Eun! Yes, nice to hear from you so soon. Have you made your decision?”

“About that…”


"Ah, Myungsoo, come on! We have to go meet the director!" Sunggyu rushes me out of the dorm, hurriedly turning off all the lights before locking the door.

“Where are we going?” I ask, seeing the other members outside as well.

“We’re going to have a new music video so the team leader is going to introduce the concept and all,” Sunggyu says with a grin, getting into the car where our manager was.

A new mv? That’s pretty cool...I smile with the other members as I choose the back seat, sitting next to Sung Jong.

We get to the company building shortly, getting out the car and into the conference room. The president is there,

as well as the team leader in charge of music videos. She’s next to a formal looking guy who I assume is going to be the director.

“Ah, Infinite, you’re here….okay, let’s get started,” Our CEO says and we all sit down, taking our places at the table. He describes to us what the concept was basically romance...One man laying down all that he has for the one he loves, even if it meant his life. I nod as he talks, thinking about people that I love. My mom, my dad, my younger brother, Ji Eun...I smile softly, thinking about her. I wonder if she would accept the offer or not. To be honest, I had been so surprised when she told me, I mean, I never expected her to be a singer. Of course, she’s talented in whatever she does..so, I guess it didn’t come as much of a surprise.

“Myungsoo! Are you listening?” Woohyun kicks me hard under the table as the President looks at me.

“Ah? Yes, I am now...Sorry,” I say, bowing my head in apology. He sighs, repeating his words.

“Stop dazing off. Anyways, I was saying that you and a trainee from the company will be the main characters. We haven’t decided on who your partner will be yet,” The President turns to the MV team leader, speaking to her about different tasks. I widen my eyes, wondering if Ji Eun could possibly be my partner if she accepted the offer. That would be perfect. A phone call interrupts my thoughts and I look around, wondering where it’s coming from. I see the President pick up his phone, responding quickly.

“Oh? Okay, bring her in. I’m in a meeting but let’s see her,” He hangs up and looks towards the door, smiling when a few figures approach.

“Infinite, we offered a trainee position to a girl today and she accepted. Her name is Ji Eun, if I remember clearly..”

“Ji Eun?” Dong Woo says loudly, widening his eyes.

“Yes, oh! Here she is,” The President stands up, getting the door. First the talent scout director comes in, followed by Ji Eun and a few other people. I watch as the rest of the members are shocked, just staring at her.

“You’re a trainee now?” Sung Jong says, not able to believe it. The President looks at us curiously, smiling.

“Sung Jong, do you know her?”

“Well...this is the girl that we went to meet in America,” Sung Jong replies, still in shock.

“Really?” The president turns to Ji Eun. “Wah, this really is fate. Fancy this! Ah, well we welcome you and hopefully we can train you well to become as successful as these boys right here. You’ll work hard, hmm?”

Ji Eun bows, unfazed by the rest of us just staring at her. “Of course! Please take care of me,” She smiles gently, and I grimace. Maybe it wasn’t good if she became famous. I knew that there would be so many fans, especially male, that would be all over her. It’d be hard not to get jealous...I shake my head, trying to rid clear of these thoughts. For now, I should be supporting her, giving her advice and all.


I leave the room soon after, fortunately. It was hard not to pay attention to Infinite, pretend that I didn’t know them that well. Mr. Lee guides me through the whole building, showing me the practice rooms, dorms, bathrooms - everything. I then meet the rest of the trainees, including Krystal.

I see her again in the bathroom and decide to say hi.

"Ah, Krystal, right?"

She looks up, nodding slightly.

I smile awkwardly, "well, please take care of me. I hope we can be good friends," I smile again, wanting to seem nice.

Krystal stands up straight, raising an eyebrow. "Good friends?" She scoffs, "you just want to get connected with me so you can feature in Infinite's mv. Everybody knows that you were the girl they met in U.S. It's probably because of that they let you through anyways. I couldn't ever imagine someone like you here." She gives me a cold look, turning away to walk out.

I shake my head, looking at her retreating figure. She thinks I'll believe her and be all wimpy? Girl, if you want to play it that way, you've messed with the wrong person. Dancing, singing, whatever's thrown at me I can do.

I look at myself at the mirror, smiling confidently. Sometimes, I felt like I had two personalities: the shy, cute Ji Eun and the cold, indifferent Ji Eun. Still, what was this news about being in Infinite's mv? I hadn't heard about it...I wonder if I could be included in it...Whatever. I give a wink to my reflection, walking out.


Myungsoo POV

It's only been a week and I hear rumors about Ji Eun everywhere.

"She's hot, dude,"

"Yeah, though I tried to ask her to a movie and she didn't say yes, but she was really nice about it. I'm gonna try asking her another time,"

I grimace hearing a few trainees walk by. "Yah!" I say, making them turn and look at me, startled.

"Shouldn't you be practicing and working your hardest instead of spending time asking girls on dates? This isn't a matchmaking agency you know?" I give him a glare, turning away and seeing Sung Yeol. He comes up to me, raising an eyebrow.

"Getting jealous, I see?" He says with a wink, poking my shoulder.

"No..." I turn away, wanting to be alone. I knew that Ji Eun was busy...but she hadn't texted me even once...not even to tell me that she was here or something. Was she okay? Was she lost? Just...I wanted to be with her...Sungyeol leaves, uninterested in my cold attitude. I continue to walk around, looking for some sign of Ji Eun. Finally I see her, eating lunch at the main cafeteria. Well, somebody was popular. A bunch of the trainees were gathered around, laughing and eating together. I smile, remembering my early days with Infinite.

"Hey guys," I stop by the table, getting awed faces from most of them.

"Sunbae-nim!" They say loudly, one getting up to give me his seat.

"Ah, it's okay, I just wanted to stop by and say hi," I give a smile to everybody, glancing at Ji Eun a bit. Though she wasn't ignoring me, she didn't look particularly excited as well. She was just eating, not really saying anything. I didn't understand- did she not want to see me? Did I make her angry? I walk around, giving everybody Popsicles. Finally, I give Ji Eun hers,  letting my fingers touch hers purposely.

"I heard there's jokes on each of them so make sure to read, hmm?" I walk away, pleased with myself.


I keep my head down when Myungsoo comes, knowing that my face was red. It was so hard to control myself now. I just wanted to push all the girls out of the way and hug him, talk to him, be with him. I drink water to avoid him talking to me, finishing the whole glass. When he comes around with Popsicles, I finally lift my eyes, looking at his dark brown eyes. We make eye contact before I pull away my hand, opening the plastic wrapper and putting the Popsicle in my mouth. Cold.

"Ah! Look, I have a knock knock joke!" Another trainee, Gong Na, says with a laugh. Curious, I look at my Popsicle stick, blushing.

' I'll pick you up tonight at the dorms...wear something nice <3'