Chapter 16

As Time Passes

anyeong~ 16th chapter already! this ones a bit shorter as I didn't have much time :P anyways, I chose Yonghwa because I'm a CNBlue fan and somebody else commented that as well so I thought, why not? If you don't like him, then just replace Yonghwa with someone else in your mind xD I'm not quite sure where this will go since I'm not the best planner but we'll see ^_^ Again, please continue to read, comment, and subscribe! Luff you readers <3 

btw - i probably will update with a long chapter tom...after that, i'll be gone for vacation for two weeks without internet (T-T) so please be patient! i'll make sure to think of good plotlines in the meantime though! 

 

6 years ago

"Yonghwa!" I yell out, stopping in the middle of the road. The sky was turning dark and rain clouds had started to gather. He turns around, sighing.

"What is it now?" Yonghwa starts to walk back towards me.

"Give me a piggy back ride," I whine, pouting. I move my hands and feet, making my voice cute. "My feet are tired."

"Aish, why did you follow me then? You should've just stayed home," he bends down, waiting for me to step on. I smile happily, jumping onto his back and wrapping my hands around Yonghwa's neck.

"I wanted to go see the concert as well," I frown, seeing rain drops fall down.

"It's raining..." Yonghwa stops in the middle of the road, looking up at the sky. I glance up as well, grinning.

"Isn't it refreshing?" I giggle softly, lifting my face so the water would fall on it. To my surprise, Yonghwa just keeps walking. He doesn't say anything and I peek at his face. Dead serious. Why was he so emotionless?

"Yonghwa? What's wrong? Why aren't you smiling?" I poke his cheek and moves to avoid my finger.

"Don't touch me," he says sharply and I widen my eyes. Yonghwa had never spoken to me like that. I poke his cheek again, trying to cheer him up.

"Yah! Ji Eun! I told you not to touch me!" He stops, letting go of my feet, and I almost tumble to the ground. "If you're not going to listen, go home by yourself." Yonghwa walks away, his hair dripping as I just watch his retreating figure. Why was he so mean? I turn the opposite direction, running away. Maybe if I disappeared he'd feel sorry. It was his fault after all. I find myself in a forest of trees and widen my eyes. It was pitch black, and I couldn't see anything. I spread my hands out, trying to find something to hold onto. Instead, I stumble over a rock, tripping and landing on the ground. Hot tears spill out of my eyes as I curl up - wet, cold, and hungry. I close my eyes, my sobs becoming louder and louder. It was all my fault. If I hadn't jumped on his back, if I hadn't poked his cheek, if I hadn't been an annoying neighbor...it was all because of me that this situation occurred. I sniffle, opening my eyes when I hear noises around.

"Ji Eun! Ji Eun!" Faint calls of my name jolt me awake and I manage to stand up, grabbing onto a tree trunk.

"I'm over here! Come over here!" I yell as hard as I can, feeling hope finally. I hear a crunching of leaves, footsteps, and soon a pair of arms wrap around me, giving me warmth.

"I found you," I recognize Yonghwa's deep voice and smile, hugging him back.

"Why did you just leave? I was so worried, hmm?" He surveys my body, frowning when seeing the cuts on my leg. "Are you okay?" He asks and I just nod, crying even more.

"Aw, Ji Eun, don't cry...I'm here now..." Yonghwa smiles and gives me another hug, patting my back.

"Let's go home, okay?" He turns around, bending down again to give me a piggy back ride. It's a silent ride home, and I end up sleeping on his back. Yonghwa felt so warm, like my home.


I blink, suddenly remembering that memory as I see Yonghwa in the hallway. "What are you doing here?" He asks, almost running and hugging me.

A bit shocked, I pull away quickly. "There's people around," I give him a cold look, knowing that people were staring at us.

"Ah, that's right. Sorry," he apologizes, though I know how confused he is. How the bubbly girl who had followed him around everywhere had become this cold hearted silent human.

I turn around, going to the stairs. "Follow me," I say quietly, walking up until I get to the rooftop. Nobody was there, so it would give us some privacy to talk.


Myungsoo POV

I wait in my dorm, wanting to hear anything from Ji Eun. She should've completed her evaluation by now. Finally, curiosity overtakes me and I find my way to the company building, looking for Ji Eun in the crowd of trainees. I see a retreating figure that's going near the stairs when somebody tugs on my arm.

"Myungsoo-sunbaenim!" I look down to see a trainee, grinning at me.

"Ah, Kei, nice to see you...have you seen Ji Eun?" I ask curiously, and somebody else answers.

"She went to the staircase," a girl next to Kei answers and I raise an eyebrow at the familiar figure.

"Krystal? You're at this company now? I thought you were at SM." I say with a confused expression. A few months ago, we had done a drama together and were on good terms as friends. Yet she hadn't told me she had come here?

"Hmm? Well, I was there originally but you seemed so happy at your company so I switched. Unfortunately, I had to go through the trainee lifestyle once again," she sighs and I chuckle slightly.

"Well, you'll debut soon enough. I mean, you're already popular...ah, do you know if Ji Eun got the spot in the mv?" I ask casually.

Krystal scoffs to my surprise and smirks. "That girl? No way, I got the spot actually. Are you going to congratulate me?" She asks me, and I get a feeling she knows about the relationship between Ji Eun and I.

"Well, I have to say I'm disappointed...but I know Ji Eun is more so than I so I'll be off to find her," I turn when Krystal grabs my arm suddenly.

"I forgot to tell you. She went with a guy to the rooftop. You sure you want to interrupt them?"

I bite my lip, frustrated. What guy? Why were they somewhere private where nobody could see them?

I start to answer when my manager comes.

"Myungsoo! We're going to start filming since scenes for the mv today. Ah, Krystal, you're here too? Perfect, let's go together!"

I blink, not wanting to go. Yet Krystal tightens her grip on my arm, linking her own through.

"Come on, oppa!" She says with a cheerful smile as I just drag my feet, wanting to be with Ji Eun.


"Ji Eun..." Yonghwa says softly and i turn to look at him.

"To answer your question, I'm here because I'm a trainee now...for woolim," I glance at his eyes for a moment, feeling that pain from long ago. That's right. On that day, we had been on a rooftop as well. I smile, chuckling softly.

"do you remember?" I ask Yonghwa, glancing up at the sky. He doesn't respond, and I continue.

"That day you left, I changed a lot..." I look at him in the eye, shrugging. "I'm happy that you've been successful...though I'm sure-"

"I'm sorry, Ji Eun," Yonghwa interrupts me, stepping forward. I raise an eyebrow, somewhat surprised.

"It was wrong of me, and I shouldn't have just left you...but, I've thought of you every day since then. I missed you," his eyes painfully look at me as I meet his gaze. I quickly look away, feeling disturbed. Surely, surely he wouldn't come into my heart again. Not after he threw it away like that to pursue fame.

"I don't care. Anyways, don't ever talk to me again," I walk past him, a hard expression on my face.

As soon as I'm back in my room, I start to call Myungsoo, but again, I hesitate. He'll just throw you away like the other girls...those words ring through my head, and I grimace. All that flattery and compliments- was it really sincere? I stand up again, determined to go find Myungsoo. Instead of doubting myself over and over again, I should probably just talk to him myself. I find my way to the main floor of the company, looking for him desperately. I look in the cafeteria, conference rooms, practice rooms...I finally go outside, wondering if he's there. I walk to the garden, curious when I see a film crew there. What were they doing? I manage to peek behind one of the camera men and see Infinite there, acting out their MV. Krystal was there as well, and I watch as Myungsoo and her embrace with clenched fists. I knew it was just acting, just a music video....but still....there was so much tenderness in how he her cheek, held her hand. How could Myungsoo be okay with doing that? I turn away, widening my eyes when I see Yonghwa again. He smiles, taking my hand and starting to lead me somewhere.

"Yah," I whisper as loud as I can, knowing that I couldn't interrupt the filming. Still, if I was with Yonghwa, all those memories that I had locked away would come back. Those times in which he held me in his arms, sang to me, and loved me...