Chapter 17

As Time Passes

anyeong~ it's been so long, hmm? I had a good trip though and was able to write a little on the plane hehe. this chapter is a bit shorter? i'm not sure how much I write these days but I hope you enjoy. I have to think of more cute scenes I think so that the story doesn't move too quickly. T-T Infiniteeee, I need the dates for your world tourrrrr T-T *sighh
anywayssss, i'm so happy that this story has been received well as the comments are always so uplifting hehe and please continue to read, comment, and subscribe! luff you readers <3

 


I frown as Yonghwa leads me to his car. He opens the door and I step in, about to get my seatbelt when he leans over and puts it in for me. Yonghwa glances up for a moment, smiling a little as he sees my vulnerable face.
"Cute," he comments before starting the car and getting out of the parking space. I look out the window, biting my lip. I still wasn't completely sure of my feelings for Myungsoo, and Yonghwa was just confusing me even more. I couldn't deny it - we did have a spark before..and I could see it becoming a fire. But he couldn't rewrite the past - it was too painful. I look down, seeing a text from Myungsoo. He asked where I was. I glance at Yonghwa for a moment, wondering what to respond. I quickly type in 'I'm with a friend' and put my phone to sleep as Yonghwa stops the car. We were at the ocean, exactly like the place where we had spent most of our time together. Except that we were in Korea. Yonghwa opens the door for me, giving me his hand as I step down.
"When I found this place, I knew I wanted to bring you here if we ever met again," Yonghwa grins and I give him a small smile, immediately regretting it.
"Come on, sit," He rubs off some sand on a nearby bench, and I walk over to sit down.
"Are you cold?" Yonghwa asks and I shake my head, though in reality I was freezing. The cold breeze wasn't welcome as I was still wearing a skirt.
I'm surprised when Yonghwa takes off his coat, laying it on top off my legs.
"You've grown really pretty, Ji Eun," He says sweetly and I mumble a thank you, trying not to be affected by his compliments.
"Why did you want to be a singer? Was it because...you wanted to see...me?"
I widen my eyes, wanting to slap him. I scoff, finding his words rude. "You think I'm still not over you? Me becoming a singer had nothing to do with you, and I never even thought of you until you appeared five hours ago. Stop assuming things," I say quickly, giving him a cold expression. He looks a bit hurt, and I immediately soften. He was one of my oldest friends after all.
"Ji Eun...isn't there a chance that you'll forgive me? I know that I hurt you, but also think how much I was hurting that day...and all these years I've been yearning for you so much...I know you won't come to me just like that...but we can start over, can't we?"
I look at him in disbelief, shocked. "How can I believe you so easily though when you threw me away? When you gave up our relationship?"
Yonghwa looks pained, and he takes my hand, squeezing it tightly.
"Don't you want to start over?" Yonghwa asks and I frown.
"No...I don't," I say, shaking my head and standing up. "I'm leaving," I turn away, starting to walk away. I didn't know where I was, but I needed to go away. Anywhere was fine, but somewhere so that I couldn't see Yonghwa. As he was talking, I couldn't help but feel flutters. I didn't want to, but they just appeared.
I continue to walk away, the ocean on my right. Yonghwa calls after me in a frustrated tone, asking where I was going.
"Just leave," I yell back, taking out my phone. I call Myungsoo assuredly, hearing it ring a couple of times. Then, his voicemail comes on. Really? Sighing, I try Sunggyu
"Anyeong?" His curious voice pops up and I smile.
"Ah, Sunggyu...what's Myungsoo doing? He didn't respond to my calls," I ask.
"Oh, he's filming for the MV."
"And you aren't?"
......
"Uh..he's shooting his individual shots," Sunggyu says carefully and I get the hidden meaning.
He was still with Krystal. I take a moment, figuring out what I was going to say.
"I see...okay, well do you mind coming to pick me up? I'll send you my location..." I say softly, still walking.
"Let me check...yeah, that works fine!"
I quickly send him my whereabouts.
"You're at the beach? Cool! Hey, should I bring the rest and we could have a party?" Sunggyu says excitedly and I laugh.
"Sure! Why not...but bring food," I hang up, finding a restaurant nearby and sitting inside the air conditioned room. I think about Yonghwa's words about starting over. Would it be possible to give him a second chance? I bite my lip, jolting when the waitress brings me my drink.
"Thanks," I pay quickly then leave, walking on the sand with my shoes off. The ocean breeze runs through my hair, ripples created on the waves in front of me. I close my eyes, just listening to the calming sound. This really was beautiful...
And I wouldn't have found it without Yonghwa...
Aish, why did his face have to appear in my thoughts? My face is glum when suddenly Sungjong pops into my view.
"Ji Eun!" He says happily and I can't help but smile at his lovable face.
"Ah, you're already here," I say and turn around to see Infinite (minus Myungsoo) all gathered.
"Yup! We brought all our beach stuff as well so let's have fun!" Dong woo intercedes and I laugh. Alright, that sounded quite nice.


I settle into the car, resting my head against the window sill to sleep when Hoya angles it differently to let me lean on his shoulder. I blink, surprised but smile. It was nice that there were such kind guys in this world. The day had been exhausting, but so much fun. The guys had surfed, built sand castles, ate, while I watched from the chair. They had thrown me in the water right before we left which was not the most welcome surprise, but still hilarious. I glance at my phone, wanting to talk with Myungsoo. Had he gone back to the dorm yet? Why....why hadn't he texted me....

I close my eyes, sliding my phone back into my pocket to try to go back to sleep.


Myungsoo POV

I drum my fingers on the table, feeling anxious. I didn't know where Infinite or Ji Eun was, but I was pretty sure they were together. Why didn't they invite me? Sure, I had to go rehearse the scenes with Krystal but it's not like I wanted to. I stand up, almost bumping into a person that was walking past me.

"Ah, Myungsoo," the voice says and I look curiously up.

"Yonghwa!" I break out into a grin, giving him a hug. We hadn't seen each other since the new year programs.

"Hey! What are you up to? Wanna talk?" Yonghwa says, gesturing towards the table.

"Ah," I think for a moment, "yeah, sure."

We talk for a bit, catching up on each other lives.

"Actually, Myungsoo, there's been someone that has caught my eye lately," Yonghwa says confidentially and I raise an eye.

"Oh?" I say with a small smile, curious.

"I know her from when I was in America and growing up. We dated for 3 years as well, when she was 15...and I 18. It seems young, but I think we really were in love. Then, somebody scouted me out and I asked if I wanted to join their company...they gave me a few weeks to think about it and I didn't tell her until the day I had decided to leave and go to Korea. It was..all my fault. I should've been honest and asked her opinion but I was scared...that she would hate me and end the relationship...still, that was exactly what happened though it was mostly me that ended the relationship. That day, I spoke so many lies...I don't know why I did that..maybe to defend myself? All I know is that I hurt her deeply as well as myself. Anyways, even after I came here...I still thought about her. I think I still do love her.."

"So...you're going to America?"

"No..actually she's here right now as a trainee at your company. I was wondering if you knew her," Yonghwa says innocently with a smile.

I bites my lip, wondering if what I was thinking was true. The girl...it couldn't possibly be who I was thinking...right?

"Um...I'm not sure...what's her name?" I ask with a trembling voice.

 

 

"Lee Ji Eun."