Chapter 15

As Time Passes

anyeong ~ ah, i like this chapter hehe...do you? i still have to decide on a second guy lead .-. give me suggestions if you have any..i'm thinking wooyoung or hyun woo (except he's not really an oppa) but it also can be any other guy you want to see in this story as long as I know him somewhat well..it's hard for me to write about idols if i'm not into their group and stuff..i dunno xD anywaysssss, i found out i could reply to comments (don't judge >.<)so i will do that a lot cuz i love hearing your opinions on this chapter, story, etc. hehe, so please continue to read, comments, and subscribe! i luff you guys and stay healthy! <3

 

The afternoon goes by slowly, and I glance at the Popsicle stick as often as I can. What was going to happen? Was it like a date?

My dance trainer pokes my forehead, looking at me with an annoyed expression.

"Yah! Right now is not the time to daze out! If you want to beat Krystal, you have to work hard! Practice until 10 tonight!" She leaves the room,  stopping at the door. "I'm locking this door from the outside and I won't come back until you finish. Also, I'm taking your phone," she goes to my bag, rummaging through and finding my phone. I bite my lip as she leaves, wanting to cry. What about the thing tonight? Myungsoo would think I didn't want to show up or something. Ugh....

I sigh, knowing that there is nothing I can do. My phone was gone, I was locked here...

I look in the mirror, hardening my eyes. C'mon Ji Eun, lets just practice. It will take your mind off things.

I turn on the music which I was practicing to, pausing when I had difficulty with a step. Wah, this was definitely rigorous. Two hours pass, three hours, and by 9 my stomach is famished. I wasn't used to this diet plan, and my stomach was hurting from running on empty while dancing. Finally, I hear the keys jingle and turn around, seeing my trainer come with food.

"Eat up," she drops the take out food, closing the door behind her. I widen my eyes, rushing towards it and eating as soon as I could. Ah, chicken never tasted this good. My trainer also gives me my phone back, letting me check my messages. Ah, Myungsoo had called so many times...

I text him quickly: 'so sorry! The trainer made me practice until now and I was locked in the room T-T still have an hour to go but I'm so sorry you had to wait for me...I really did want to go with you :(' I sigh, wanting him to reply. The 'read' notification appears, but no typing bubble. Was he mad? I bite my lip, worried.

My trainer leaves, saying she'll come back soon. The door closes soon after and I continue to eat, gobbling up food.

"This is practicing?" A familiar voice says and I see Myungsoo above me, smiling kindly.

"Myungsoo!" I say with shock,surprised to see him. He was also dressed quite nice,  tucked in shirt with long pants.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't come," I pout,  looking down.

"No worries, it's fine..." He smiles, looking at his watch. "I only waited...3 hours," he shrugs, looking expectantly at me.

"3 hours?" I widen my eyes. "Oh..I know I already said this, but still...I'm so sorry..."

"If you're sorry...then give me a kiss," Myungsoo says innocently as I look up at him.

"Kiss?" I say in confusion, seeing him smile.

"Yup, right here," he points to his cheek, closing his eyes. He stands there as I pause, finally taking a step closer and pressing my lips against his cheek.

I pull away quickly, embarrassed. “You’re so weird,” I say, looking away so that he wouldn’t see my red face. Myungsoo just smiles, raising an eyebrow.

“So..show me your routine. you must have something to show for me waiting outside for so long, hmm?” He goes to the speakers, turning on the music.

I widen my eyes again, not wanting to dance. The steps were somewhat...seductive and I felt uncomfortable showing them in front of Myungsoo. Still, the music was already on so what choice did I have.

I flip my hair to one side, not staring at Myungsoo directly in the eye but right above him. As I hit the beats with body waves, I see him swallowing, rubbing his neck. Did I have that effect on him? My lips lift up in a small smirk as my arms spread up and down my body. As the music goes on, I sway my hips gently, finally looking directly at Myungsoo with a sultry glance before the song comes to an end. I immediately collapse on the floor, covering my face.

“Ah, that was so embarrassing,” I turn my body so that my back was facing him, not wanting to see Myungsoo’s expression.


As the music ends, I let out a breath, not realizing I had been holding it in all this time. From the first second, I was entrapped, lured into her gaze. I would have never thought Ji Eun could be this y...but she could. I feel myself swallow dryly, my ears gradually turning red. I wanted to look away, but her body...I couldn’t resist it. I rub my neck, feeling my muscles tighten. When the music ends, Ji Eun hides her face, both of us slightly embarrassed. I walk over, patting her back.

“Don’t hide yourself,” I chuckle, giving her a bottle of water. “Here, drink.”

She takes a sip, finally glancing up. “Did you like it?” Ji Eun asks, such an innocent expression on her face.

“Did I like it?” I think for a moment, wondering how to work this. “Definitely...I mean, I didn’t know you could dance that well...It was definitely…” I smirk slightly, making eye contact, “arousing.”

I bend down to the flustered Ji Eun, smiling at her expression. She was so cute, I couldn’t control myself. Placing my hands on the side of her cheeks, I kiss her deeply on the lips. Ji Eun doesn’t move for a few seconds, not fully comprehending what was happening. Then, I feel her head angle to meet mine, accepting my feelings and heart. I close my eyes, trying to make the kiss last as long as I can.

Finally, she pulls away, taking a few breaths. “What was that for..” She mumbles, obviously pleased though.

“Your reward,” I chuckle, poking her nose softly. Ji Eun punches my shoulder, though her smile is hard to hide.

“Yah, don’t just go around kissing girls after they dance for you,” She says loudly, taking a sip of water.

I shrug, just laughing. I’m about to respond when Ji Eun’s trainer comes back in, surprised to see me in the room.

“Ah, Myungsoo, what are you doing here?” She asks, raising an eyebrow.

“I was just passing by and gave Ji Eun some tips when she was practicing...I’ll take my leave now,” I bow politely, grabbing my stuff and going to the door. As I open it, I turn around, giving Ji Eun a wink and stepping out. Well, even if I wasn’t able to take her on a date, it didn’t seem like she was mad at me like I had thought before. And, I had gotten a kiss. I smile, blushing internally. It was like a fantasy, our relationship. Sneaking into her practice room, watching her dance, giving her a long kiss...Was she finally starting to let me into her heart?


My trainer looks at me suspiciously a bit before shrugging. “Well, what did he advise you about? Infinite gets some of the hardest choreography so I’m sure Myungsoo was able to evaluate you quite well.”

“Ah...He mostly talked to me about...confidence...and expression..” I say softly, feeling my lips. It was our second kiss...It was even better than the first. I giggle softly, wanting to relive the memory again.

“Yah, Ji Eun...come on, we still have another hour...let’s get practicing!” My trainer turns on the music, making me get into position quickly. Right, I still had to beat Krystal in order to get the mv position.


“Ji Eun...I love you...will you marry me?” Myungsoo holds out a beautiful ring, giving me a charming smile. I widen my eyes, shocked. It was so soon, yet it felt right.

“Of course,” I say with a smile, wrapping my arms around his neck. “I love you too.”

He gazes at me lovingly, leaning down to give me a long kiss. I close my eyes, letting our mouths mold together. Myungsoo travels to my neck, his breath making my skin feel like it’s on fire. He starts to take off my shirt, smiling as he ---

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I sit straight up my eyes wide. Oh god, was that a dream? I sigh, massaging my forehead. That was quite strange. Still, it had felt so real. I slide my legs to the side of the bed, putting on the clothes I had laid out. Today was the monthly trainee evaluation day/the day where they would pick the main girl for Infinite’s new music video. I pair a black fitted short sleeve shirt with high waist shorts, wanting to look y and desirable, as my dance routine was just that. Putting on mascara and eyeliner, I straighten my hair and put it in a high ponytail. Well, good enough. I lock the door, checking my phone and seeing there was a message in the Infinite group chat. All the members had wished me good luck. Aw, so sweet. I chuckle, smiling as I take the elevator to the main floor where I walk out and go to the company building. Once there, I find my way to the practice rooms where everybody is waiting outside. I see Krystal and smile, standing next to her.

“Ready?” I ask politely, looking at her.

“Of course I am…” She looks at my outfit, raising an eyebrow. “Copying, much?”

I look at her outfit, seeing that her outfit was almost exactly the same, except with different colors.

“Copying? Don’t think so highly of yourself,” I say with a dry chuckle.

Krystal just folds her arms, keeping her smirk. “Well, I wouldn’t be surprised if you win..considering how close you are with Myungsoo…” She looks down, scrolling through on her phone. “I’m sure everybody would love to know about that kiss…”

I look sharply at her, a little surprised. Had she seen us that day? “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I say as smoothly as I can, gritting my teeth.

“Well, it doesn’t matter anyways. He’ll throw you away like the rest of them,” Krystal continues on, pausing to see the expression on my face. I’m about to respond when we’re both called in to show our routine. I give her a glare, walking ahead and into the room.

I see my trainer, the president, and the talent scout director at the table, calmly surveying the both of us.

“Okay, Krystal, go first please,” The president says, cueing the music. I watch as she sings, dances, doing everything flawlessly. It was impressive, really, her determination. When she finishes, all three of them write notes down, giving her a few feedback but mostly compliments. I finally step up, keeping my head up high.

“Ready?” The President asks me and I nod with a soft smile. The music starts and I go through it smoothly, giving them confident glances and expressions. After that, I sing my audition song again, getting a guitar from the side.

“Ji Eun, I’m really impressed with how hard you’ve worked. of course, there are still many things to fix on your dancing and performance, but I really liked how you connected with me. It made me feel like I was the only person here. Overall, it was something I’d pay to see,” the President says and I grin, feeling accomplished. My trainer and the talent scout director say a few words as well, and I see Krystal forcing a smile as they also give me a few compliments.

Finally, the president starts speaking again. “Well, you both know that it comes down to you two for the position in the music video. This is very important, as it lets the viewers see who might be debuting in the coming years. The three of us have all come to a decision that Krystal will star in the video. Ji Eun, you did very well, and I’m sure you’ll keep improving. For now, Krystal, please stay for a bit and Ji Eun you can leave.”

I bow politely, though internally i’m disappointed. Ah, I should’ve done better. I walk out, getting my phone out to call Myungsoo. My finger pauses above his name, hesitant. Krystal...her words were still in my mind. Had Myungsoo dated a lot of girls? I quickly shake my head, frustrated at myself. Stop, Ji Eun. Krystal was just trying to distract you. I’m about to press Myungsoo’s number when somebody calls out behind me.

“Ji Eun?” I widen my eyes at the familiar voice, turning around.

“Oppa?”

 
(another author's note...not sure how long this story should be....i'm thinking 20-30? i guess it all depends...what do you think?)