Chapter 19

As Time Passes

anyeong ~ so this is the 19th chapter! hehe um...let's see - this chapter is a lot of fluff but i'm not that good at writing it i realized so i got frustrated and so i'm sorry how late this chapter is T-T i shall try better next time..i'm having a hard time thinking of what's gonna happen so the next few chapters might be delayed until i have an idea of where everything is going...it's a lot easier for me to write that way :P anyways, thank you for reading and please continue to comment/subscribe/read hehe! luff you <3

 

Myungsoo

As Ji Eun goes back to sleep, I stay awake, trying to remember what had happened. Do Yeon...I hadn’t thought about her for years...We had never kept in touch, and that was probably for the best. Still, I wish that relationship had ended better. The way everything had happened had not been favorable towards me or for her. I glance at Ji Eun, smiling. This relationship, though...I’d do everything I could to keep it strong and out of the public. Even if it was made public, I wouldn’t let go of her. I lean down, pecking Ji Eun’s lips quickly. She stirs slightly, turning towards me and I laugh inwardly. Was she asking for more? My phone vibrates and I look at it, seeing a frustrated text from Sunggyu. Ah, that’s right. We had rehearsal…

I slowly get out of the bed, trying my hardest to move in a way to keep Ji Eun sleeping. I leave a note for her by her bed and tidy up the place, cleaning the dishes and folding some clothes before I head out the door.


“Jieun….Ji Eun…”

I yawn loudly as I open my eyes, Jiyeon tapping my shoulder next to me.

“oh...what time is it?” I say in a tired voice, rubbing my right eye.

“It’s 1…” She says with a shake of her head, smiling at how confused I am.

“One..Okay, thanks for waking me-Wait it’s one o’clock already?!” I sit up, eyes wide, and hurriedly get out of bed. “Oh my goodness, I need to go...I’m late…”

“I already contacted your agency saying you’re sick...it’s fine,” Jiyeon says calmly, making me stop in place.

Thank goodness…

“Geez, tell me that earlier, would you?” I frown at her, going back into the bed. I turn to get my phone, seeing the note Myungsoo left me. Oh right...I guess he had to go.

‘Sleep and get better soon, hmm?

Let’s go on a date this weekend <3’

 

I grin at the last sentence, excited. Only three more days to go until the weekend. Finally, our first date.


Saturday Morning:

 

I nervously wait in my room, glancing at the mirror every few seconds. Did I look cute enough? I had done my hair nicely and chosen this outfit especially for today. I look down at my watch - 9:54...Ugh, six more minutes.

I get my phone out, unlocking it and scroll through my photos, smiling when I see one of Infinite with Jiyeon and I. Hmm...Myungsoo and I had never  taken a photo together. Well, I guess today we would have a lot of opportunities to. I’m still looking through the gallery when a knock comes, making my body jump. He was here!

I run to the door, opening it wide and seeing Myungsoo.

“Hey,” He says with a charming smile, holding out a pretty bouquet of flowers. I look at him with surprise, taking them eagerly and smelling the beautiful aroma.

“Thanks,” I say shyly, quickly putting them in a vase next to my bed before going back to the doorway.

“Ready to go?” He asks and I nod a few times. Myungsoo takes my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine and I don’t say a word, just overflowing in happiness internally. I felt like nothing could get between us now...not even Yonghwa and our past. We walk down the stairs back to his car and Myungsoo opens the door for me. He briskly walks to the other side and helps me put my seatbelt in, the space between us closer than ever. I quickly turn away, still shy from all our physical interactions. Myungsoo just grins a little, going back to the wheel and quickly maneuvering out of his parking spot and going onto the highway.

We make some small talk while driving, and eventually it becomes silent.

“Hand,” Myungsoo says, holding out his own. I hesitantly place mine in his, and he places it on his lips.

“Did you hear of this? The recharging thing that Jonghyun does on WGM..” He looks towards me briefly and I shake my head, my face flushed.

“Oh, he’s from CNBlue...the band that Yonghwa,” Myungsoo pauses for a moment as I in my breath, “is part of…”

“oh..” I respond softly, looking out the window. Ah, why did Yonghwa have to come up.

I see a grimace on Myungsoo and raise an eyebrow. Did he know something?

“We’re here,” he says suddenly and my face immediately lights up. It was my first time at Lotte World, but the pictures had always looked beautiful.

“First…” Myungsoo fishes in the backseat, finally pulling out a backpack. “Take this…”

He hands me a mouth mask and beanie, making sure my face looked disguised. He also puts on the mouth mask and a baseball cap afterwards. Ah, right. Myungsoo was quite well known.

“Since I’m not famous, why do I have to put this on?” I ask, sort of sad that my hair wouldn’t be shown.

“If I get revealed, I don’t want your face on the news...it’d get you rejected from every single producer,” He says grimly and I nod, wondering why he was so serious. Had he been in a scandal before? I immediately remember that name...Do Yeon..I still needed to know who she was.

Ji Eun, get yourself together. You’re with Myungsoo now. That’s all that matters. I repeat those words as he opens the door for me, holding out his hand to help me stand.

“You look cute today,” Myungsoo says sweetly and I blush again, not meeting his eyes.

"Let's go," he takes my hand again, walking forward to the amusement park. We go through the ticket line quickly as he had bought them online as well as a line pass.

"Where do you want to go?"

"Umm...I dunno...whatever is fine I guess," I say with a shrug, looking around.

"Let's go there then..." Myungsoo drags me to a building nearby and I blindly follow him, not sure what the ride was. As we had the line pass, we get through quickly and go to the front. Ah, it was a haunted house....

"Myungsoo..." I say timidly, tightening my grip on his hand.

"It's okay, just hold onto me, okay?" He says with a smile, patting my back. We start our walk through and I practically scream every five seconds. Ghosts and surprises...those were things I disliked quite a bit.

Myungsoo holds me tight, though I know he's smiling at my reactions. How was he not scared? We finally make it through, though my voice is sore as I walk out. I can feel my eyes wet and hurriedly use my sleeve to fry them.

"Aww, I'm sorry Ji Eun," Myungsoo lets me hug him and I bury my face in his jacket willingly. I could deal with most stuff, but ghosts and surprises were not my taste. Myungsoo rubs my back, murmuring sweet words to comfort me.


“It’s so pretty,” I breath as I look out the Ferris Wheel with bright eyes. It had been one of the best days of my life, just being with Myungsoo alone. The rides had been so much fun, yet there  was still something missing I felt. Maybe it was just because Myungsoo and I weren’t officially a couple, but I felt awkward doing normal things a couple would do with him. I glance at him briefly, surprised when he meets my eyes.

“Ji Eun,” Myungsoo says softly and I focus on him. Was something bad happening?

“You know that I like you. I know that you like me,” Myungsoo pauses a second for affirmation and I nod. It was a bit embarrassing to hear him say that, but it was the truth.

“I want to become a couple...to make our relationship official, but right now’s not the best time, you see. Infinite’s going to be releasing and promoting in the next month...I don’t want our relationship to start off that way where it will be hard to see each other and you’ll have to question yourself all the time. Instead...I was wondering if you’d wait for me...for things to slow down a bit...Of course, there’s a chance our feelings for each other will fade in that time...But that’s all up to fate, hmm? But I think...that this would be for the best,” Myungsoo talks seriously and I listen to him deep in thought. What he said was very true, yet still a little remorseful. I wanted to be with him every hour of the day, every second...but soon that wouldn’t be possible.

“You’re right..don’t worry, I’ll definitely  wait for you,” I say with a rare smile, feeling mature all of a sudden. Myungsoo lights up, relieved that I had agreed.

“Ji Eun, you’re amazing,” He leans in and molds his lips with mine, our mouths making contact at the same time the first firework of the night pops.That moment, I felt like it could last forever. He my cheek as we both take a break, catching our breaths. I had never had a kiss like that - so long, but so sweet that I didn’t want it to stop.

“Um...excuse me...the ride’s over…” The attendant taps on our window awkwardly and my face is immediately flushed. I nod a bit taking my time to get my stuff so that Myungsoo could put his disguise back on.

“Thank you….” I say, grabbing Myungsoo’s hand when he’s done and leaving as quick as I can. I can hear some people snicker as we leave, probably whispering about how open we were. Gahh, that was so embarrassing. That lady had seen us kissing! It was such a private thing...and I had wanted it to just be us..alone.

“Why so red?” Myungsoo asks curiously and I look at him, surprised.

“You don’t feel embarrassed?”

“About what?”
“That….everybody...saw us kissing…and they might’ve recognized you”

Myungsoo shakes his head, “Frankly no. I want everybody to know my love for you,” He smiles playfully, “and...I don’t think they recognized me...the windows are a bit darkened so it might’ve been hard..”

I nod, still not convinced. I didn’t want him to get in trouble or anything. The rest of the night we have more fun, eating dinner and watching a few concerts. Finally, we head home and Myungsoo opens the door for me. I put in my seatbelt, feeling like I could fall asleep immediately.

“Tired?” Myungsoo asks and I nod slowly.

"Yeah, though today was so much fun," I say softly, looking out the window at the clear night sky.  I slowly nod off to sleep and am tapped awake by Myungsoo when we reach my dorm.

"Oh, we're here already?" I say sleepily and he nods with a smile.

"Mhm, I'll walk you to the entrance," he says sweetly and we both get out of the car.

Myungsoo escorts me to the main lobby, stopping at the elevator.

"Get a good rest, hmm? Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow," he says and the elevator door opens right after.

"Okay," I start to go in, and the door starts to slide shut when I reach out, grabbing Myungsoo's jacket.

He turns around, enough time for me to give a small peck on his lips and go back into the elevator. I watch his surprised face as I wave goodbye with a chuckle. Was it crazy to say that I had fallen in love with Myungsoo even more today?