Chapter 10

As Time Passes

anyeong ~ Here is the 10th chapter - a bit short....but sweet <3 Has anybody else watched Myungsoo in 'The Time I've Loved You: 7000 Days'? His character is so sweet, it makes me fall for him all over again >.< Like how can he be so kyute? T-T Anyways, please continue to read, comment, and subscribe! Also, shoutout and thank you to all of you that upvoted my story. You guys are wonderfluff ^-^ Luff you! <3

 

The night comes to an end sadly. During the car ride home, most everybody falls asleep, including Myungsoo. I watch his sleeping face with a soft smile, widening my eyes when his head falls onto my shoulder. Well, whatever. I inwardly chuckle, making sure to limit my movements so that he wouldn’t wake up. Myungsoo  eventually wakes up, apologizing when he realizes that he was sleeping on my shoulder.

“No, it’s fine,” I say with a shrug, looking out the window at the passing cars. We arrive at the hospital shortly and I get back into my wheelchair, getting wheeled back to my room by Sung Yeol.

“Well, goodnight Ji Eun….We’ll see you tomorrow!” Sunggyu says after a moment of silence. Woohyun nods, “Actually we have to leave to go back to Korea, so tomorrow will be our goodbye,” He pouts looking at the rest of the members. “We’re really sad we have to go...but, you have a phone right? Let me put my number in there…”

I hand him my phone, unlocking it first. Woohyun puts his number in first, then passes it around for the rest of the members to add. “Alright! I started a group chat!” He says, and notification sounds pop up all around the room.

“Cool, well, we should probably go, so good night!” Sunggyu says, waving his arm. I give him a small wave back, chuckling.


I wake up early the next morning, getting showered and dressed quickly. I then take out a large bag and spill it out. In it were goodies and souvenirs that I had bought at the amusement park yesterday without anyone noticing. I wanted to thank Infinite for their time here, so I had decided to make a little card and gift bag present.

For Sunggyu, I got a pair of funky glasses and skin cream, knowing that he liked to take care of his face a lot. I had gotten a cookbook for Woo Hyun since he likes to talk about food. For Sung Jong, I got a stuffed animal because...well, it seemed perfect for him. Since Hoya likes purple, I got him a beanie and purple socks which have giraffes on them. As Sung Yeol’s present, I got him crayons because he fits the elementary kid image. I chuckle as I wrap it up, wondering how he would feel about it. For Dong Woo I decided to get a notebook, since he likes writing, and a cute dinosaur keychain. And, finally, Myungsoo. Well, I had gotten him a Naruto keychain, and a new camera strap. For all of them I had written cards, but Myungsoo’s was a little longer, just because I felt that we really had this...connection, if you would call it.

I hear footsteps near my door, and hurriedly put the gifts away, not wanting anybody to see them until the time was right. The door slides open and Infinite comes in, bearing lots of bags.

“What’s that?” I say, my eyes shining.

“We brought gifts!” Sunggyu says, grinning as he holds one of the bags. They pile them onto my bed, each member asking me to open his first. I look around, not seeing Myungsoo anywhere. “Ah, where’s Myungsoo?” I ask casually.

“He caught a cold so he couldn’t come,” Sungyeol pouts. “But he said to say goodbye and such…”

Oh, right. Today was the last day I would probably see them ever in my lives...I open Hoya’s and Dong Woo’s joint gift, seeing guitar picks and a book on how to learn guitar.

“Wah, thank you so much! I’ve always wanted to learn,” I say with a grin, though inside I was wondering how I was going to play it since I don’t own any guitars. Well, maybe I could convince my parents to get one.

Next is Sunggyu’s and Woohyun's present. It was some cute hairbows and a necklace. “Sunggyu-oppa, Woo Hyun-oppa, thank you so much,” I say with a big smile, pinning on one of the bows to the side of my head. Sung Jong’s as well were similar to Sunggyu, being some clothes.

“Ah, so cute! Thank you, Sung Jong-oppa,” I say with a smile, holding up one of the shirts. They really were adorable, but it is no surprise to me that Sungjong had good fashion taste.

Sung Yeol goes next and I open his present to find a pack of colored pencils and crayons. Wah, exactly what I had given him. I grin, opening them. “Thank you! I’ll make sure to use them…”

I then open Myungsoo’s present, widening my eyes when I see he’s given me a polaroid. “Wah….Tell him that I’m so grateful…” I say, in awe of the beautiful object. They all nod and finally hand me the last bag.

“Who’s this from?” I ask curiously, looking around the room.

“From all of us!” Everybody says in unison, grinning. I open the long bag, seeing a guitar case inside. “No, wait really?” I look up, and they all gesture towards the case for me to open it. I do, and a beautiful guitar is revealed.

“Oh...thank you so much,” I look up with a sincere smile, almost tearing up. Everybody was so kind, and they had spent money to get presents for me.

“No, it was so fun being here, Ji Eun. It’s us that should be saying thank you,” Sunggyu says with a pat on my head, standing up. Were they leaving already?

“Wait!” I say urgently, making them sit down again. “I have some things to give as well,” Pulling out the bags under my bed, I hand the presents to each member. “Oh, and give this to Myungsoo,” I say with a smile to Sunggyu.

Each individual opens up their bag, grinning or laughing in response. “How did you know we liked all these things?” Woo Hyun asks, amazed. I shrug, knowing that I had stayed up late, researching each member online.

After thirty minutes of talking, they finally stand up again. Ah, I guess they had to go.
“Well, Ji Eun, we'll never forget you. And you better text or call us, okay? We have to stay in touch!” Everybody says and I smile, grateful to know that I had such wonderful people as friends.

“I got it…” I say, looking down. They all smile, and start to rush towards me, enveloping me into a huge group hug.

As they leave the room, I’m filled with a somewhat sad, somewhat happy feeling. I was happy to meet them, yet sad to see them go. Getting my wheelchair, I decide to follow them outside and see them off. I quickly get to the front entrance, becoming surprised when I see it’s raining. I get an umbrella, opening it up when I get outside. I see Infinite’s figure in the distance and shout, “I’ll miss you!” loudly, wondering if they’ll hear. Well, it was okay if they didn’t. I just wanted to say that. I start to turn around my wheelchair when I see a figure running in the distance. I squint my eyes, wondering who it was. The answer to my question comes a moment later, as I see it’s Myungsoo...running towards….me? I widen my eyes, wondering why he was running in the rain when he had a cold.

“Yah, why are you here? Aren’t you sick-” I start to speak when I feel his mouth on mine, kissing me. My eyes stay open, shocked. What was he doing? Why was...Myungsoo...kissing me? He keeps his lips there for a moment, pulling away quickly to sneeze.

“You have a cold, why are you here?” I struggle to put the umbrella over his tall body but manage to do so by lifting my arms as high as they possibly could.

“I might not see you for a while...So I wanted to tell you my feelings,” Myungsoo says softly, looking straight at me.

“Your feelings?” I ask, still confused. There was no way, really...No, it couldn’t be that he liked me?

He bends down, holding my hands in his. I glance at them momentarily, before making eye contact with him again.

“I like you, Ji Eun, a lot. You’re the most precious person to me...and I’ve fallen in love with you in such a short time...I know,” He looks down, smiling, “that it sounds crazy, but it’s true. I can’t stop thinking about you...Even though you still have feelings for Dr. Hunter, I’ll keep working for your love as well, even if I’m across the world. There will be a way, I know it.” With that, he stands up again, bows, and runs off, getting into a car across the street. My eyes are still wide in shock, wondering what just happened. Was this a dream? Or did..Myungsoo, just confess to me?