Focus!

Request for One Shot

Dahye x Hyeyon (BESTie)

[trizgarcia]

 

 

"This has been the 5th time you've done the wrong step, Dahye." The choregrapher scolded.

Dahye couldn't lift her head, she's way too embarassed to be saying 'sorry' for the 5th time, but she still mumbles it anyway. The choregrapher shakes his head and allowed the girls to take a 5-minutes break. Hyeyeon looks over at Dahye, worry written all over her face. As a leader, it is Hyeyon's right to speak to a member who seems dazed and find out what's wrong. She walked over to the second youngest member.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Hyeyon asked softly.

Dahye hesitates, should she tell Hyeyon or not? But Dahye settles for a 'nothing', refraining the tears that are formingarrow-10x10.png to roll down her cheeks. She turns her back on Hyeyon and secretly wipes off the daring tears. Hyeyon wasn't satisfied, she needs a proper answer but before she could ask Dahye again, 5 minutes was up. Hyeyon sighs before going to her position. After 3 times of going through the whole choreography, it was time to pack up. 11.30PM, it was the usual timing for the girls to be heading back to the dorm and get welcomed by the warmth of their beds. Usually Dahye would be the first but not today. She thinks she might not even go back to the dorm. She informed the others and they went off, Hyeyon still worrying. Dahye stayed and went through the choreo from the start to the end, she even went through her part. Hyeyon came back after showering, the worry in her heart felt too heavy to ignore. She slid past the door quietly and stayed there, watching her team member from afar. Dahye was madarrow-10x10.png, tears flowingarrow-10x10.png, she messes up the lyrics, she couldn't remember the choreo, she tells herself to continue but ends up breaking down even more, she was a total mess. Hyeyon let out a sigh before going forward to Dahye. Now wasn't the best time for Hyeyon to see Dahye, she was a mess. Hyeyon cradles Dahye in her arms and let Dahye drench her fresh clothes with her never ending flow of tears. With one final choke of tears and a sob, Dahye looked up to meet Hyeyon's worried gaze. The younger wiped her tears with the end of her sleeve.

"I'msorryifImadeyouworried." Dahye still wiping her tears.

"Hold up, don't mumble." But Hyeyon understood that and gestured Dahye to go on.

"Unnie, whatever I'm going to say right now, you may not want to believe and you can leave if it gets tougher to listen." She looks up to see Hyeyon listening attentively.

She swallowed the lump in , it was now or never, "There are many reasons to why I wasn't able to focus these days. Annoyingly, one of them is you. You, Unnie, have taken up more than half of my thoughts and I can't get rid of it. The way you care for me, the way you embraced me and do all sorts of skinship and fanservice, it just makes my heart do a million things and my mind think a million thoughts. What would you think? How would you react? I had so many questions to answer but I can't find the answers and I know the only way to get answered was to sincerely confess to you."

Dahye was right, it gets tougher to hear her out. Hyeyon wanted to leave, wanted to scream at Dahye for being stupid but she stayed quietly.

Dahye continued, "Unnie," She took both of Hyeyon's hands, "I-I Love. You."

Dahye felt relieved, she waited for a respond. Hyeyon smiled and queezed the younger's hand.

"You really don't know, do you?," She chuckled, "I love you too, brat."

Dahye tried to find for any hint of joke in Hyeyon's eyes but she found none. Sincerity was written all over. Dahye smiled, then laughed. She then attacked the older into a bone crushing hug then unknowingly giving Hyeyon a peck on the lips. Dahye backed away, embarrassed. Hyeyon ruffles her hair before giving the younger another kiss, a much longer kiss that let them pour their emotions. They went back to the dorm hand in hand, fingers intertwined.

Days passed, Dahye's concentration was back and the two wouldn't stop exchanging really obvious eye contact that the members knew they have figured things out.

 

 

 

 

 

732 words of delayed fanfic of Dahye unable to concentrate because of Hyeyon.