Conversations

Request for One Shot

Jimin x Jessica

[heydoctor]

you like Jessica, don't you?

Can we talk?


It's been years, okay exaggeration, it's been three years that both Jessica and Jimin have been working in the same bookstore. Heck, even if they are colleagues, they don't talk. Well, they do but it's so rare, maybe even rarer than diamond. The only times they have talked was when a costumer made a fuss and Jimin was calm enough to tel the customer to leave and not bother Jessica, Jessica thanked him, that was it. The other time was when Jessica was worried for Jimin as he didn't come to work for almost a week and when he does, she told him it was a relieved he was still alive. Jungkook felt like the two was either too shy or too stupid. Jungkook knows better that Jimin isn't a shy person. Jimin talks way too much in fact. So, Jungkook doesn't really know what's happening to the two that make them not talk to each other at all because for Jungkook, talking is something a youth should enjoy doing. Both Jimin and Jessica goes to the same school, actually they are also in the same class. Like okay, what the , really.

Jessica knows that if she does starts talking to the red head, she wouldn't want to stop. Jimin knows he feels that way too. But Jessica felt like if she doesn't start at all, she'll be missing out in life. So, she has changed her mind to finally talk to Park Ji Min. She was more than ready. Maybe not, because she have been pacing around the lounge room for almost 15 minutes already. She stopped after knowing she would get dizzy and vomit. Jessica sat down on the couch with a huff. This isn't fair, am I actually the only one thinking about this? Does it even bother you?? Jessica thought she's going crazy. But she wants do it and she will. With a fist in the air and a soft shout of 'fighting', Jessica made her way to Jimin.

If trying to talk to someone you don't usually talk with for three years isn't nerve-wrecking and awkward, Jessica don't know what is. She slowly made her way to find Jimin. She looked around the bookstore, and found a Jimin reading a book at the left corner of the bookstore. Usually he would be with Jungkook but Jessica remembers Jungkook screaming at them that he was going out with his boyfriend, Kim Taehyung or something like that. She went behind Jimin who was sitting on a stool, facing the wall, reading a book on cats.

Jessica slid her hand towards Jimin and covered his eyes, "Can we talk?"

Jimin was confused at the sudden touch of a someone. He really wanted to scream but when he heard the melodious voice he almost yearned, his heart calmed down. Jimin nodded, eyes still covered by Jessica's palms.

"You should face the wall, I-I don't want you to look at me, though." Jessica's request made Jimin let out a soft chuckle because damn, she's shy and that's cute.

"What do you wanna talk about?" Jimin asked and almost whined at Jessica removing her palms away from Jimin's eyes.

Jessica sighed before straghtening herself and says, "I'm not really sure why we aren't talking? I mean we're working in the same bookstore. It's been three years. We don't talk at all, I mean we do but it's not talking because we aren't conversing because it's either I turn away or you turn away. I turn away because I'm afraid if we do converse, we won't stop and I'll fall for you more than I should. I mean it's not a bad thing but I'm being me, always insecure about like this and we're classmates too. I don't know if you realize me even starring at you during lunch and all. I just really-"

"Jessica?" Jimin had the urge to turn now.

Without realizing Jimin's call, Jessica kept on her rambling, "-realy scared that you hate me or something. I'm sorry I know this isn't something I should say but I really need to get this out of my chest because I don't know how long it has been since the last I brokedown because we didn't talk. You have a nice voice, relly nice that I feel I wouldn't get tired listening to you talk all day. I just-"

"Jessica, please." Now, Jimin was facing Jessica but Jessica was too engrossed in her rambling to notice it.

"-feel like crying when we don't talk. I'm really sorry if you're uncomfar- HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN FACING ME?!" Jessica screamed.

Jimin laughed, he went on to hold Jessica's delicate hands. He gave her the most charming smile he have and moved forward.

"Just a few seconds ago," He chuckled, "Jessica, if you haven't realize, whatever you just said was a love confession."

Jessica nodded shyly, acknowledging the fact that it wasn't a complain but a confession.

Jimin continued, voice sweet and soft, "And f you haven't realize, I actually like you too. And I felt like crying when I hear your voice the same when I didn't hear your voice. You too have a nice voice. Can we talk?"

Jessica looked up from starring at her shoes due to embarrassment for the sudden confession. She locked gazes with Jimin, whose eyes were filled with nothing but love and affection. Jessica nodded, "We can talk."

Both of them smiled and then giggled because they were stupid all this while. They have to agree, Jungkook is right. Soon, they were conversing like normal friends would. But they weren't no longer friends. They're something more. And they were more than glad. Jungkook, who have been listening to the whole conversationg with Taehyung, fanboy-ed and hugged the taller lad ever so tightly. He was proud of his bestfriends.


It's been 5 years since Jessica and Jimin have been working together. It was 3 years filled with no conversations at all. Now, it's been 2 years with tons of things to talk about. It's been 2 years of holding hands, stolen kisses during work, dates and all the stuffs couples do. Even after all this time, they still admit it, they were too stupid. Stupid for not talking, and stupid to fall for each other. It's a good stupid though.

 

 

 

 

1067 words mostly from Jessica's ramblings. but really  i hope you likeys and i know this is unless u tell me otherwise. its not comedy, .