Mr. Popular

Request for One Shot

Mingyu x Riae (Seventeen/You)

[ Junrikim8 ]

 

"Okay class, we have a new transfer student joining our class."

The class quietened down when they heard Mr. Jeonarrow-10x10.png's voice. I was gestured by Mr. Jeonarrow-10x10.png to come in the class and introduce myself. The class was filled with whispers, complimenting my beauty (not that I'm complaining). The girls, well they were jealous but the guys were lovestrucked. I took a glance at Mr. Jeon before bowing.

"I'm Riae, I hope we'll get along well. Please take of me." I gave the class one of my best smiles.

The class welcomed me with claps and screams and Mr.Jeon showed my seating position. My partner, who seems half Korean and half American, gave a big smile and waves before stretching his hand out to introduce himself, "The name's Vernon. Or Hansol."

I shook his hand and smiled back. Well, that's the startarrow-10x10.png of my journey in a new school. Since my parents decided to migrate to South Korea because of business, I had to say bye-bye to wonderful San Fransisco. Studying there was fine but now, I'll have to settle in a new high school, in a new country and make new friends. Making friends was never a favourite. Sometimes it's troublesome and burdensome and other times it's just like a call for attention. In my past school, I didn't even approach anyone first instead they approached me. The first person who came to me was a boy named Samuel. Because of him, my social circle widened. Something to thank him for but sadly, those friends had to be left. It's a good thing I still keep in touch with them.

Being a student in Seungri High School is going just fine. Vernon and I became friends and he claimed that both of we'll be the best of friends. Thanks to Vernon, the whole class was now part of my social circle. Maybe, just maybe one of the few reasons why anybody would be friends with yme was because of my beauty. I did tried asking these friends why they wanted to be friends with me at random moments. Their answers, as expected, my looks but some added personality. It wouldn't be called self-praising but I do agree that I do have a really really good personality. Throughout the first few months in Seungri High, a certain person has caught my attention. I was never fond of confessing to someone I like. There are many reasons to this, one, the person may not see me the same way as I do. Two, rejection. Three, the person is already seeing someone else. Fourth, it's troublesome. Fifth, may I repeat again, rejection. It's not helping when that certain person is in Vernon's group of friends. Even though the whole class was friends with me, Vernon will always pull me to eat with his group. Heck, it was such a huge group. 13 boys in one group. If learning the teachers names was hard, learning these kids names was even harder. I found out that Vernon is really half American and half Korean but he isn't the only one, there's Joshua or Jisoo. I also found out that 7 of them are one year older than the rest of us.*** Within the 7 of us whose in the same grade, only 3 were in the same class as me. But that's fine. I really do enjoy their company. They're loud and bubbly and energetic and surprisingly, we clickarrow-10x10.png quite well. Maybe hanging out with Vernon was a good idea because then I know that Mingyu, the tallest among the team, was the Mr. Popular in Seungri High. If I wasn't oblivious enough, I would have seen those fangirls giving him presents and hand-written letters and always posting notes on his locker door. I'm not surprised Mingyu's a Mr. Popular. He's really tall and model-like, he's nice and has the most prettiest smile I've ever seen. Oh, this isn't the time to daydream but Ican't help it.

Snap! "Riae-ah."

"Ah yes?" How long did I daydreamed this time?

Usually by the second call I would snap out of it but by guessing Seungkwan's face, I know he didn't call me only twice. I took the food he offered and ate in silence. The 13 boys planned to have an outing after school and mum says yes even though I feel like protesting. It'll be great, I think. Now it's more clear that Mingyu is the real Kingka in school. Damn, look at the amount of presents he got todayarrow-10x10.png. While we waited for the older ones, Mingyu was dragged to the nearest empty classroom by a girl, who I know goes by the name Junghwa.

"Must be another confession he's gonna receive." Chan whispered to me.

After some time, the older kids came and Mingyu too. The members doesn't ask how the confession went or whatsoever, because they're used to it. Seeing how Junghwa walked out of the class with tears tells me she was rejected and that is one of the many reasons why confessing . I glanced at Mingyu and sees that he has no signarrow-10x10.png of regrets written anywhere. Must have done it a lot. I shrugged and walked on next to Chan. Finally, after what seemed liked a decade, we reached everyone's favourite fast food restaurant, MacDonalds. I've seen how the boys always seat whenever we're all gathered together. It seems to me that Seungcheol and Junghan is a thing and so is Soonyoung and Seokmin. Maybe Jun and Minghao too. They'll be cute, I wouldn't mind.

"Riae, you want anything?" Vernon asked in English.

I told him my ordersarrow-10x10.png in English and with a 'got it', Vernon went to order. Only 7 of us left at the table and it wasn't awkward like it used to be. Out of many seats, why oh why do Prince Charming had to seat next to me? The others came back soon enough and we all started eating. Of course being in a boys team, eating in silence wasn't a thing. Heck, they were all talking so much but lucky enough none was talking with food in their mouth, it's rude and disgusting. I have no idea whose plan was it for me to be seated in between Mingyu and Wonwoo. I feel very small. They're giants dammit. Jokes was thrown here and there at random moments and I guess Wonwoo is one sarcastic person. Oh yes, beautiful news everybody! My guesses were right! Seungcheol and Junghan, Seokmin and Soonyoung, MInghao and Jun, real couples here. We all cleared up the area and went to walk arund the mall till the boys found the arcade. Prince Charming seems uninterested because he pulled me to a photo booth. I didn't know cool guys like photo booths. It was awkward for both of us to be in a booth, it feels like we're a couple. Oh shut up Riae, it'll never happen. Psh. So the "photoshoot" began. All sorts of cool and cute poses were captured till...

Chik! The camera snaps. Damn what just happened? Mingyu chuckled at my reaction. Wait WAIT CAN SOMEONE REWIND WHAT JUST FLPPIN HAPPENED?

"Did...Did y-you just k-ki-kiss me?" Way to go Riae, why are you even stuttering.

Mingyu nods with a victory smile plastered on his face, "I did.'

"I like you too, ya know." I looked at him, stunned. Say what?

'I like you too.' Wait. "You know I liked you?" Okay creepy.

Mingyu nods his head again. That smile, those lips. This is a dream.

"Hey, lemme tell you, I bet you know Junghwa. She's a hardcore fangirl and just now, it wasn't her first confession. But gurl, I think when the first time you came in my class, damn," Mingyu paused and looked at me in the eye, "I fell in love... with you."

I have received confessions before but this is officially the first time someone I liked, confesses to me. I blinked, once, twice. MIngyu chuckled at my confused state. He then cups my face and looks straight in my eyes, "I love you." and gave me the sweetest kiss I've ever experienced.

Chik! That doesn't sound like the photo booth camera. . He pulls apart.

"Another official couple here, aye!" Oh lord, we're caught.

I bet my face is already tomato red, oh why does it feel so hot all of a sudden?

"Oh come on Vernon." Mingyu playfully shove Vernon to one side.

He held my hand and dragged me out of the photo booth. The crowd of 12 boys began their congratulate party and dragged the two us into the arcade.

"We all knew your secret, Riae." Junghan whispers to me.

No . I bet I was very obvious, and Mingyu too. But, hey. Guess who is now Mrs. Popular? Me, Riae! No doubt, everyone was jealous. And so I heard Junghwa transferred to another school and now have a boyfriend, Seyong. Cool . Who knew, I, Jang Ri Ae, a transfer student from San Fransisco, would capture the heart of Mr. Popular, Kim Min Gyu. Life just gets better here in Seungri High, in South Korea. Maybe migrating wasn't a bad idea.

 

 

1539 words of Riae's POV and falling in love with Kim Min Gyu.

*** I made the '95 and '96 line to be the same age & the '97, '98 and '99 line be the same age. Riae is a '97 liner.