That person

Everything Happens For a Reason

 

Rushed this in 30minutes to wish all my readers a MERRY CHRISTMAS :D

It's 11:55 p.m at the moment in my country B)

--

Dongwoo was silent, unlike his usual self. The members were happily chatting away but soon came to realise that he was too quiet. Seeing that he was in deep thought, Hoya shook him.

 

What's up?” Hoya asked, with the rest of Infinite staring at Dongwoo. He hesitated, before asking, “Do you think..” he rubbed the back of his neck, “Well, if it's possible that.. that person is still, alive?”

 

Silence. They were all hesitating to answer. “You never know..” Sungyeol pursed his lips into a firm line, unsure of what to say. Dongwoo sighed, knowing it was probably impossible.

 

-

 

Before you knew it, school was over. You decided to walk the longer way since there wasn't any work today. You breathed in the cold air as you rubbed your hands together. What a dreadful day it was.

 

You glanced over to see a bunch of delinquents chit-chatting, you sighed.

 

Flashback -

 

You were the definition of a rebel. You were a great fighter, and often, you would beat people up to release your stress. Of course, you only did it to help others. You never thought of beating innocent people up.

 

People had a ton of nicknames for you, be it any thing related to being cold, merciless or evil. Everyone in the area knew about you, but not your real identity nor ANY thing about you. You would always wear a cap that covered your eyes, a baseball jacket and anything else you could find because of the way your step-parents treated you.

 

It was during spring that day when you met him. He was being beaten by some thugs that often beat up strangers and picked up random girls. It was dark, and no one was around. You smirked, ready to beat someone up.

 

Yah.” you said coolly, “What do you think you're doing?” your hands in your pocket, ready to beat someone up any time.

 

None of your business, little boy.” one of them smirked and walked towards you. “Get out of here before you get into serious trouble.” he was ready to push you when you grabbed his arm and flipped him over.

 

Wait.. isn't that person.. HIM?” the other recognised you. “A cap and a baseball jacket.. IT MUST BE. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!” they were scared out of their wits, as they ran as fast as their legs could carry.

 

The guy on the ground sat up, and laughed. “Only cowards would run without a fight.” he wiped the blood off his lips and sighed. You held your hand out and he took it. “Thanks.” he shook your hand. You nodded. “I'm new around here. Who are you? Why were they so afraid of you?” he said it all at once.

 

You chuckled, before turning your back around and left.

 

Good luck.” you waved your hands and spoke for the first time with a stranger in that form. Good luck finding out my name. You smiled a little, for the first time in a while.

 

W-wait!” he tried to call for you, but to no avail.

 

End of flashback -

 

I wonder how he's doing now?” you wondered to yourself as you gazed up at the sky.