Chapter 9

Without You
I open my eyes and find myself in a familiar room. I don't remember what it is exactly, but it looks really familiar. Everything is still a blur. I look around, my sight becoming more clearer.
 
It's Jungkook's room.
 
I see his sister sitting beside my bed, holding an ice pack on my left arm. She looks at me and smiles.
 
"You're awake." She says. "When you fainted, Jungkook brought you here and he saw your new burn scars. He told me to try and help so, ice pack."
 
I sit up and she leaves the ice pack on my arm. She sighs and looks down at the floor.
 
"What happened, JiYoon?" She asks. "Jungkook wouldn't tell me."
 
"Uhm..." I start. "He just kept gripping onto my wrists. His nail was digging into my skin. I freaked out because it was hurting so much."
 
She sighs again and looks at me this time. She apologizes and I shake my head. It's not her fault, it's his. Jungkook then opens the door and freezes when he sees that I'm awake. JungSoon pats my arm and looks at Jungkook. She gets up, and leaves the room. She leaves me in here with him.
 
I just look at him and then lay back down on his bed. I cover my whole body with his blanket. I can hear him walking closer to the bed. I hear him sit down where his sister sat.
 
"JiYoon." He says. I don't answer.
 
I hear him sigh and he doesn't say anything for a few minutes.
 
"JiYoon. I'm sorry." He says. I slowly take the blanket off from my face and look at him, still lying down. I scoff.
 
"JiYoon. I didn't mean to hurt you like this. I didn't know. And I wanted to apologize to you at school but then, TaeHyung showed up and..."
 
"And what? TaeHyung showed up and that changed you into being an to me?" I say, sitting up. He stays quiet.
 
"What the Jungkook? Why are you such a all of a sudden?" I say. I scoff. "You were always one. What am I talking about?"
 
"Hey!" He says. "I'm not! It was just-"
 
"No Jungkook. You made me believe you were actually a like-able person. You made me want to actually be your friend. I was starting to like you, friend-wise. I was starting to think that you weren't really what everyone says you are." He was about to speak again, but I continued. "You know the project we turned in to Mr. Song? That drawing was you Jungkook. That man in the drawing, it was you. You looking aggressive on the drawing is how everyone sees you and how you act. But, the reflection in the glass was the real you. It was how I see you Jungkook. But no, you're just the aggressive guy."
 
"JiYoo-"
 
"No." I cut him off. I throw the blankets off of me and get off of his bed. I start walking towards the door to leave his room.
 
I feel him grab both my shoulders and turn me around. He makes me face him and he pushes me hard against the wall. I look up at him, shocked. He leans his face closer to me.
 
"Please. Listen to me." He says. I sigh and just look away from him.
 
"Talk." I say.
 
"After school, I wanted to tell you sorry but you started freaking out and crying. And I still wanted to say sorry but then TaeHyung came over and I just completely changed." He says. I look at him.
 
"Is TaeHyung and Jimin telling you to be like this to me? Do they want you to not ruin their bad boy image or something?" I say.
 
"No. It's not that. When you left the house the other day, when TaeHyung called me, they kept teasing me about liking you and everything. I kept telling them I didn't but they wouldn't let it go. So I got annoyed and irritated. I was being mean to you to prove them wrong." He says. I stare at him. I shake my head and try to leave, but his hands are holding onto my shoulders tight, holding me against the wall.
 
"You're pathetic." I say to him.
 
"JiYoon I really am sorry." He says. I scoff.
 
"You're really pathetic. You knew what I was going through. You knew about my parents at home fighting. You knew I burned myself. Did you know while you were being an to me, my parents are currently filing for a divorce? They're also giving me a week to chose which parent I want to live with. Did you know that you treating me like just made my life so much worse? You were a first friend." I say to him, tears forming in my eyes.
 
"I made you happy?" He says. I scoff. I couldn't believe it.
 
"Don't talk to me again." I say. I pushed him off and was about to walk away but he pushes me back against the wall, and his face is really really close to mine.
 
I'm looking straight forward, but not at him. The tip of his nose is touching my cheek and his lips are hovering over my skin. My breathing gets heavy.
 
"JiYoon." He says, calm. His face hovers away from mine and down onto my neck.
 
"I said sorry." He says, placing his lips onto my neck. My eyes widen and he continues to leave marks. I lift my hands up and grab his arms, trying to push him away but he grabs my arms and pins them against the wall.
 
"Forgive me?" He says, in a really seductive voice, moving away from my neck and his lips hovering over mine. My breathing was heavy, but I didn't want to let him win.
 
"You really are pathetic Jeon Jungkook." I say. "You say you don't like me and you were being rude to me to prove so, but now you make out with my neck for me to forgive you? What do girls in school see in you? Is this really what they want? They want a guy who would make-out with them as an apology? You're unbelievable. Everyone in our school is unbelievable."
 
I push him off of me and open his room door. I quickly get out of there and run downstairs. His sisters sees me.
 
"JiYoon? Where are you going?" She asks. I don't answer. I open their front door, and book it out of there.
 
***
 
It's lunch time and I'm in the quad alone. I have to wear a stupid scarf on a kind of hot day. It's thin so I can just lie to people it's for the fashion. But then again, I have no friends.
 
"Hey. JiYoon, right?" A guy says, sitting down beside me. I look at him and nod. I have no idea who he is.
 
"I'm YeJun. Bae YeJun." He says, holding out his hand. I shake it awkwardly.
 
"I'm in your art class. You probably don't know me because I sit in the way back of class." He continues. I just nod. "Well, I notice that you're pretty close with that Jungkook guy. Or, was."
 
"Yeah. Was." I say.
 
"Do you mind me asking what happened? I mean in class you two seem close and he was even nicer in school. Then you two stopped talking and he's back to being his reputation." He asks. I shake my head.
 
"I thought he was nice. But he's still the we all see him as." I say. He chuckles and I chuckle with him.
 
"I saw what he did to you yesterday." YeJun says. I sigh and he flashes me a smile. "You're okay?"
 
I nod my head and he still smiles.
 
"You know, your art work is amazing." He says. "I mean, Jungkook colors it but you said that you draw it. Even if it was black and white, I bed it'd look really amazing."
 
I smile.
 
"Thanks." I say.
 
"I hope we can be friends." He says. I chuckle and nod. "You seem like a sweet girl."
 
"You two. A guy." I say. He laughs.
 
"After school? Ice cream?" He says. I look at him and he flashes me an adorable smile.
 
"Sure." I say.
 
***
 
"JiYoon!" YeJun shouts at me. Art class just ended and Jungkook wasn't in the class. YeJun walks up to me and smiles.
 
"Still on for ice cream?" He asks. I chuckle and nod my head. We walk out and of course, we bump into the one and only, Jeon Jungkook.
 
Jungkook looks over at me and I walk closer to YeJun. His face seemed shocked and his eyebrows were raised. I looked away from Jungkook and just followed YeJun.
 
***
 
"So what ice cream?" YeJun asks.
 
"Just Cookies 'N Cream." I say. I'm not big with ice cream flavors. He nods and orders our ice cream. He pays for both. We sit down at a table and quietly eat our ice cream.
 
"Who gave that to you?" YeJun asks.
 
"What?" I say. He points at my scarf.
 
"Oh. My mom." I answer. He chuckles and shakes his head.
 
"I mean the thing under your scarf. The marks." He says. My eyes widen and I look away from him.
 
"I saw them. Your scarf isn't really doing a good job at covering it." He says, eating his ice cream. I fix my scarf and he laughs.
 
"No one." I say.
 
"Ah, come on. Tell me. I won't say anything." He insists. I sigh.
 
"Jungkook." I say softly.
 
"What?" He asks.
 
"Jungkook." I say again. I look at him and he's shocked.
 
"Really?" He asks. "But I thought you two weren't speaking to each other?"
 
"We aren't. He did this to try and make me forgive him." I say. YeJun nods and then shakes his head, a chuckle following after.
 
"That's...cool?" He says. I laugh. "Did you forgive him?"
 
"Nope. He was being an for me for a stupid reason. And he knew personal things about me and he still was an to me. So no, I'm not going to forgive him." I say.
 
"Well, you're my friend now. If you want to be friends that is. And you can come to me if you need help." He says. I smile and then nod.
 
"That sounds nice." I say. "We're friends."