Chapter 15

Without You

Yesterday was a bit awkward when Jungkook dropped me off home. He looked at my house and just stared at it. I don't know what he was taking in, but he wouldn't stop looking at it. I told him thanks and he finally looked at me and just nodded. I walked towards my front door and turned around, seeing Jungkook already walking away. I smiled at little and turned around, seeing my dad standing behind me.

 

"Is that your boyfriend?" he asked me. I shook my head and laughed, running towards my room.

But today, it's as if that kiss never happened. Sometimes during my classes, I'd think about it and catch myself smiling. I stop immediately because it was totally not in the way it seemed like it should be. Jungkook and I slightly did get a bit closer again. I saw him today in the hall, walking over to his class and he looked at me, smiled and waved, and then walked away. Usually he'd just slightly smile and leave.

I was a bit scared to walk into my art class. I thought Mr. Song would have figured out both of us ditched his class and have a talk with us. He didn't though. Maybe he likes us.

When I did walk in, the students just looked at me. Some of the girls rolled their eyes. Maybe they liked Jungkook. Some of the dudes started to check me out. It felt uncomfortable but I guess yesterday made them think I'd do that to anyone. If I made out with some normal guy, they'd probably think I was in a serious relationship.

But still. I made out with...Jungkook. The "bad boy" of this school, just to get revenge on the guy who tried to me. What is wrong with me?

I sat in my seat and Jungkook was in the class yet. I looked over at YeJun's seat and he was sitting there, already chatting up some other girl. I scoffed and he looks over at me. I quickly turned my head around.

I see Jungkook walk into the classroom, tucking in his uniform. He quickly sits down in his seat and just faces the desk. I look at him and he starts rubbing his eye aggressively.

"You okay?" I ask him. He looks at me and I gasp a little. His cheeks were bruised and his eye a bit as well. He slightly smirks and I roll my eyes.

"Why?" I say.

"This guy wanted to pick a fight with me." he answers. "You wouldn't worry about me if you saw TaeHyung hyung.

"Ah, I don't care about TaeHyung." I say. Jungkook smirks.

"You care about me?" he says. I flick his forehead and he starts to chuckle. The bell rings and Mr.Song starts walking around the classroom.

Jungkook takes out the piece of paper we sketched on yesterday, before YeJun came up to us, and pushed it in front of my face. I look at the piece of paper and stare at the bland buildings drawn on it. I had no great ideas for the drawing so I just grabbed the piece of paper and started drawing actual buildings just, normally.

I feel Jungkook just looking at me drawing. I drew tall buildings, small buildings, some buildings that looks abandoned. I even drew one on fire for no reason at all. Then I started drawing shadowy figures in windows that are somewhat lit up. I guess the city is taking place at night time. Then I got an idea. No meaning at all but just for looks.

I got up and grabbed another blank piece of white paper. I turned around and bumped into YeJun, who was apparently getting a blank white piece of paper too. I looked up at him for a while and he did the same to me. I walked around him but he stepped right in front of me. I walked around him again, shoving him away with my shoulder.

I finally get back to my seat but it seemed that Jungkook didn't see what happened. I exhale and start drawing.

***

An hour later and the bell rings. My rough sketch actually turned out pretty nice for just an outline. Buildings and one already burnt down, slightly abandoned. Each window shows different shadowy figures, representing different things.

There was one with two people near each other, one with a person's hair hanging low, and there was even one that looks slightly un-human. It was a mistake but it looked pretty nice.

I packed up my stuff and get up from my desk. I look at Jungkook who's taking his time putting his things away and I just roll my eyes and chuckle at him. He looks at me and sticks out his tongue. I go and walk out the class.

And again, YeJun steps in front of me. I scoff at him and try to walk around him, but this time he wouldn't let me get around. I look around and start sprinting but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me close to him. I try to get away from him but he steps towards me, making me walk backwards until my back hits the wall.

"You know I actually like you." he whispers to me, leaning closer to me.

"Yeah, you sure showed me that the other day." I say, trying to push him off. He started kissing my cheek and I slapped his. He looks over to the side and kind of scoffs but chuckles at the same time, nodding his head.

He leans back to me and kisses me on the lips. I try and push him back but his lips are locked hard on mine and I just can't escape. His arms are tight around my back and I keep pushing his chest.

Finally, a release. I look at him and he's being turned around. Then, his back is against the wall. Jungkook pulled him off me, and pushed him against the wall. He's gripping onto the collar of his shirt, leaning his arm against his chest.

"Leave her alone." Jungkook says to him, and people started to crowd around. People in this school just wait for fights.

"Why? You two dating?" YeJun says.

"No." I answer him, fixing my uniform.

"And so what if we were?" Jungkook tells him. He leans his arm more onto YeJun's chest.

"I wouldn't be surprised since it'd be coming from you." YeJun mumbles to him. "Just hit me."

Jungkook just looks at him. More people started crowding around us. I hear people start whispering and I think I heard someone say they were fighting over me. Correction. Jungkook's actually fighting for me. YeJun is just stupid.

"Just leave her alone." Jungkook says. He lets go of YeJun's collar and steps away from him. He looks over at me and I slightly smile at him.

He didn't fight YeJun and I was kind of proud of it. He did have a fight earlier today, but I'm proud he didn't have another one even when he could.

Jungkook walks over to me and links his arm with mine. He then starts dragging me out towards the school, saying out loud "Let's go to my house now JiYoon!"

What the hell is he doing?

***

"Now color!" I shout, sitting up straight on Jungkook's couch and pointing at the drawing I finally finished after 2 hours. Jungkook pushed me off the couch and took my place.

"Hey!" I shouted, and he just chuckled, starting to color in my drawing. I groaned and he looked at me.

"JiYoon?" he goes, focused on the drawing.

"Yeah?" I say, getting up.

"If he does anything to you again, just call me." he says. I laugh.

"What?" he asks, looking at me.

"I don't have your number, stupid." I tell him, sitting back down on the floor.

"You don't?" he says. "Oh wow. We've known each other for how long?"

I chuckle and he takes his phone out of his pocket. He hands it to me, with it opened for me to dial my number in. I take it and put in my number. I saved it under my name and handed it back to him. He went through his phone and a second later, I got a phone call.

I took out my phone and saw that a random number was calling me. I answer it.

"Hello?" I say.

"Save this number." Jungkook says, and then hangs up. I just look at him with a 'really?' expression and he smiles. I save his number.

About a half an hour later, Jungkook breaks the silence with a very awkward question.

"JiYoon." he starts.

"What?" I say.

"Can I ask you something?"

I look at him and nod.

"About yesterday. Do you uhm, think that..." he goes. I tilt my head at him and he's not looking at me.

"Am I a good kisser?" he says, looking at me. I start laughing, thinking he was just joking but when he wasn't even budging out a smile, I stopped laughing.

"Oh you're serious." I say. He raises an eyebrow and then shakes his head.

"Never mind." he says, and continues to color. I chuckle and just look at him. How did I start falling for him? How did him, the meanest guy in school, turn out to be someone like who he is now?

"Yeah." I say. He looks up at me.

"Yeah?" he asks. I shrug.

"I mean I never really made out with anybody so I don't know." I laugh. He glares at me.

"You never made out with YeJun?" he asks me. I shake my head.

"Nope. Just pecks and short kisses. But never what you did, player." I say. He rolls his eyes and continues to color.

"So you liked it?" he says. I look at him and he's smirking.

"Don't flatter yourself Jeon." I say, getting up from the floor. I head towards his kitchen and just go through his fridge.

"Yah!" he shouts.

"We're friends. This is what friends do." I shout back at him. I hear him scoffs and I chuckle to myself. I take out a jello cup and a plastic spoon, and walk back into the living room.

"Did you know that Jimin has a girlfriend now?" Jungkook says.

"Why am I not surprised?" I say, plopping myself down onto the couch. I lay on it and place my legs behind Jungkook, since he's leaning forward to color. Without intending to, my legs slipped down a little and started to lay on top of his back. I felt it under my leg and I looked at him. He didn't seem to care.

I smirked to myself and lifted up one foot and placed it on his waist. I tried to tickle him and he leaned away. I chuckled and started tickling him more.

"Stop it JiYoon." he says, pretending that it doesn't bother him. I place the jello cup down on the ground and sit myself up. I start tickling his sides with my fingers. He drops the colored pencils on the ground and turns to face me.

"Stop!" he whines, turning towards me. I start laughing while I continued and he grabs both my wrists and pushes me back. He ends up semi on top of me on the couch. He's really close to me. I look up at him with wide eyes, and his eyes widen a few seconds after he finally realizes what's going on. We both just stare at each other for a while.

I bit the inside of my lip and looked away from his eyes. I just stared at the door behind him. Then all of a sudden, the door started to open slowly. My breathing got faster and two people walked in. Jungkook turned around and he quickly let go of me and sat up.

I sit up myself and just looked at them, staring at us both. Jungkook stands up and fixes his uniform. I'm confused.

"Mom. Dad! You're home early." Jungkook says. Oh, no.